• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Plasmid

WHERE'S SWAT?

Alright i have a few more questions

1) What are specializations?

2) How do we get items (example: oni on waypoint is 5000 xp and concept art, along with an oni emblem) from waypoint?

Teknoman

Is it me or do you need a party to succeed in Halo online? I'm not saying you can't win with randoms but damn.. I never noticed it was this much of a struggle until a couple hours ago. I hate to bring it up but I seem to hold my own ALOT better in CoD when I'm with randoms. I need more friends on Halo. Lol.

Yeah everyone is in a party, so if you're the odd man out, no communication whatsoever. Cuts down on trash talk I guess, but hurts everything else in the process.

Subitai

Whelp, now I feel like an ass for telling people to trust Amazon. They fucked my order up and now it won't be here till tomorrow.

Never again. Prime cancelled and I'll never get a new game there ever again.
I'd give them a chance to make it up to you. Amazon seems like a company that would do that if there is a big enough outcry. Then after that if you're still salty cancel.
Just beat the Campaign.

It was outstanding.

Time to jump into multiplayer, to make the wait for Halo 5 less grueling. haha
That's what Spartan Ops is for too! Well at least for me. :)

"onward my trusty Mantis!"

jet1911

Spartan Ops is not available and when I play a MP match I have a SR1 rank even if I was SR7 this morning. Can't wait to see the where online games won't have problems day one lol

Server issues, the only thing I worried about appears to be happening. I absolutely love the game so far, love 343 but there really are no excuses for major server issues this late into the generation. Hopefully these issues don't grow into major problems because the game is too good to be brought down that way.

Went to the midnight launch & played last night.

Surprising addicting & I thought I was done with the Halo games.
Kills seem to take less time & the game seems faster paced. I love it.

The fairly basic rudimentary CoD aspects added are also great & do nothing but add to the game. Loadouts, killstreak rewards, leveling up unlocks & perks.

All of them pretty insignificant & small fry compared to what's in CoD, but they might have not gone overboard on purpose.

One thing I have to say, graphics are a HUGE LETDOWN!
I'm more convinced than every before this game looks vastly worse than Halo 3. I need to boot Halo 3 to confirm, but everything in 4 looks washed out & muted, lighting less impressive. The game looks as jaggy as ever & with framerate issues. Add to that, the awful ghosting caused from temporal AA solution of Reach seems to be back in full effect.

To be fair I haven't touched the campaign, which might look better than the mulitplayer.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I didn't say I'm dropping them entirely. I'm just not going to buy games I want day 1 there anymore and I'm not going to pay for prime.

Has been the only issue you've had with Prime? I would have asked for compensation of some sort before I canceled. I seriously love Prime though lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Has been the only issue you've had with Prime? I would have asked for compensation of some sort before I canceled. I seriously love Prime though lol

I did, they only offered 10 dollar credit, and IMO that's not good enough.

I've had issues before with Amazon, but not with delivery. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if it wasn't Halo.

As for prime, most games get release day delivery anyway, or at least they used to.

Majanew

Banned
Ok, Campaign is about to piss me off. Where the fuck is continue at? Every time me and my brother meet back up to continue our co-op Campaign, it keeps selecting the very beginning of the mission we were on. If I start the Campaign, we have to do the whole damn mission over, but if I select one of the other starting points, it won't give us the achievement for the mission. Terribly designed.

The fairly basic rudimentary CoD aspects added are also great & do nothing but add to the game. Loadouts, killstreak rewards, leveling up unlocks & perks.

All of them pretty insignificant & small fry compared to what's in CoD, but they might have not gone overboard on purpose.

I'm more convinced than every before this game looks vastly worse than Halo 3. I need to boot Halo 3 to confirm, but everything in 4 looks washed out & muted, lighting less impressive. The game looks as jaggy as ever & with framerate issues. Add to that, the awful ghosting caused from temporal AA solution of Reach seems to be back in full effect.

To be fair I haven't touched the campaign, which might look better than the mulitplayer.

You might want to adjust your TV monitor settings because everything pops unbelieveably gorgeous in multi and campaign. The lighting and everything blows Halo 3 completely out of the water.

Lol, first check your tv settings, and second, try the campaign.

jet1911

Worse than Halo 3? Ghosting back from Reach? Nope. Not at all.

Ok, Campaign is about to piss me off. Where the fuck is continue at? Every time me and my brother meet back up to continue our co-op Campaign, it keeps selecting the very beginning of the mission we were on. If I start the Campaign, we have to do the whole damn mission over, but if I select one of the other starting points, it won't give us the achievement for the mission. Terribly designed.

I believe you lose your checkpoint save if you start another campaign. The missions you have fully been completed are open but you will have to start at the beginning of the first mission you havent completed all the way. I believe its been that way for all the Halos or at least from Halo 3 on.

Please keep in mind these are not confirmed facts Im just going by memory.

Deadman

Played 8 or so mp games. Pretty fun. You die really fast. Ghost and needler are still godlike which is all i care about.

RS4-

Getting owned in MP because of the accidental LS crouch. And servers. Going from default to bumper jumper is taking some time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's all kinds of weird matchmaking problems. I can't join parties and parties can't join me. :-(

Majanew

Banned
I believe you lose your checkpoint save if you start another campaign. The missions you have fully been completed are open but you will have to start at the beginning of the first mission you havent completed all the way. I believe its been that way for all the Halos or at least from Halo 3 on.

Please keep in mind these are not confirmed facts Im just going by memory.

Neither of us have started another Campaign. There is no continue. It just has the same starting point (Alpha) that we chose when we went back into Mission 3. We had to stop half through Mission, and when you go back, it's the same setup: Mission 3 Alpha. We have all 4 Rally points open in Mission 3 because we've already beat the level. It didn't give us the achievement for it, even though neither of us missed any part of the Mission. Bad design. I think it might've been Reach where we had a similar problem.

All 343 had to do is create a SAVE NOW. How fucking hard is that? I guess as hard as TURN THE FUCKING MUSIC DOWN option.

j-wood

You guys keep referring to btb multiplayer. Is that big team battle? The only thing I see is big team slayer.

Also this is the first halo game I'm getting into online. When can your opponents hear you?

demolitio

Holy shit. I haven't played much of Halo MP in a very long time but it came back with a vengeance last night. Those games have some of my best moments in gaming. This is so much fun.

I do agree that the default Forge maps blow chunks in MP. I really hope we don't end up playing shitty Forge maps all the time a few months from now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My copy just arrived.

Looking forward to going home, standing in line to vote, getting home and being too tired from everything, and playing this for 10 minutes tonight. Yaaaaaaaay!

Neither of us have started another Campaign. There is no continue. It just has the same starting point (Alpha) that we chose when we went back into Mission 3. We had to stop half through Mission, and when you go back, it's the same setup: Mission 3 Alpha. We have all 4 Rally points open in Mission 3 because we've already beat the level. It didn't give us the achievement for it, even though neither of us missed any part of the Mission. Bad design. I think it might've been Reach where we had a similar problem.

All 343 had to do is create a SAVE NOW. How fucking hard is that? I guess as hard as TURN THE FUCKING MUSIC DOWN option.

Like I said I wasnt 100% sure. I though you were saying you had a solo campaign going and then you began another one from the start playing it co-op so Im a bit confused. Sorry I couldnt help you out, I tried.

j-wood

When you are done playing press start and choose save and quit. When you resume campaign you start at the last time the game said "checkpoint...done" when you were playing

Well, a few missions in now, and it's definitely 10/10 for me. Plays like a dream, the new weapons are neat, the game sounds incredible and it's absolutely gorgeous. Some of the alien bits feel like they could have been lifted from a Ratchet game and then made bigger, and that's a pretty big compliment.

Oh, and the music is damned nice.

I'm terrible at regular slayer but better at BTB since I can rely more on alternate weapons and kills (since I suck at DMR/BR headshots). It's really great. Though my Waypoint in-game still is showing no stats.

Though they did get rid of my heart emblem. I've used the same one since Halo 2. Sucks it's gone.

Majanew

Banned
Like I said I wasnt 100% sure. I though you were saying you had a solo campaign going and then you began another one from the start playing it co-op so Im a bit confused. Sorry I couldnt help you out, I tried.

Now he was kicked from my party and can't join. lol

Beta for Halo 5 is a must.

It's so fucking easy that they did it. How fucking hard is it to find it? Hit pause, hit save and exit. I just did it. It works really well.

Top Bottom