• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Yup. Co-op only. Everything is else if perfect. I ended up lying to a friend last night so I could play solo, it's VERY frustrating.

what the fuck? borderlands all day long butter smooth with 4 people. 2 people in halo and I get a noticeable delay so much so that head shots are impossible and I fall off ledges.

exYle

Story spoilers/question:

How did that guy become captain of such an important ship?

I don't think this counts as spoilers because the character appears in a lot of pre-release media, including the books. If you're referring to Del Rio, (Thursday War spoilers)
he's basically a no-name crony hired by the UNSC navy that Admiral Parangosky (of ONI) considered a safe choice and basically used to appease Admiral Hood. Lasky, on the other hand, was hired specifically by Parangosky for ONI's purposes.

Um is there anywhere to buy just the Map Pack or exactly 2000 points? I don't want to spend $49 on 4000 points just because the $19.00 1600 points pack isn't enough. It costs 2000.

Is GameStop not selling the map pack? I'm pretty sure they're able to offer XBL direct codes now for a variety of DLC.

Edit: Yup, they sell it directly: http://www.gamestop.com/dlc/halo-4-map-pass-xbox-360-live-marketplace-2000-points/104749. I'm sure you go into a retail store and get a code printed on your receipt too.

TommyT

what the fuck? borderlands all day long butter smooth with 4 people. 2 people in halo and I get a noticeable delay so much so that head shots are impossible and I fall off ledges.

Yup, it really slows the campaign down. It's not unusual to shoot, hear/see nothing then shoot again and see two shots.

Have a really weird issue with my xbox whereby I can launch it and do all the menu stuff but when I try and connect to campaign it loads the Cinematic fine but actually loading gameplay throws me back to the menu screen with no error. It's definitely the xbox aswell since we were trying to system link & the other disc gave the same situation whereas my disc worked on his xbox. Very strange, no idea what could be causing it. Xbox plays other games fine.

TUROK

I'm not getting the praise for the graphics. It's such a visually inconsistent game. The Phantoms looks like something out of a PS2 game, anything that isn't in the immediate play area looks blurry as hell, and the animations for the Covenant seem to have regressed (as well as the AI).

Honestly, Reach is a better looking game in most aspects.

shiptoncraig

Neo Member
I am finding Promethean weapons to be really, really weak in Heroic single player and it constantly causes me to see the "scavenge for weapons" message.

Other than that, I'm not 100% sure what the current goal is other than follow-the-waypoint.

I will echo the comments from people about there being way fewer people at the midnight launch at my store than there was for Halo 3/Reach or the last couple of CoD's.

It's not just that. Halo 3's launch felt like an absolutely massive event, perhaps the biggest gaming launch ever. I haven't felt that with Reach or 4.

TommyT

I am finding Promethean weapons to be really, really weak in Heroic single player and it constantly causes me to see the "scavenge for weapons" message.

Other than that, I'm not 100% sure what the current goal is other than follow-the-waypoint.

Really? I used them almost exclusively towards the end of the game. Thought they worked rather well.

Majanew

Banned
I'm not getting the praise for the graphics. It's such a visually inconsistent game. The Phantoms looks like something out of a PS2 game, anything that isn't in the immediate play area looks blurry as hell, and the animations for the Covenant seem to have regressed (as well as the AI).

You've done hit your head lol.

Reiko

Banned

When did PS2 have modern shaders? Or even shaders comparable to XBox/GC?

zap

I played Spartan Ops with a friend a few hundred kms away, it was silky smooth. We couldn't tell who was host (much better than Reach and Halo 3 when we could feel a slight delay). I tried to play with Americans and it was back to the old super delay off-host :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Re-requoting myself:
I decided to download Waypoint while waiting for the servers to work and this seems to have fixed it,

Possible MM FIX:

Download latest Waypoint via H4 Menu, launch it, exit out, play H4. Should load up your records just fine.
Still seems to be working, got 2 chapters of SpOps in with no problems.
Seriously guys, give it a shot. Let me know if it works for you.

MrDaravon

It's not just that. Halo 3's launch felt like an absolutely massive event, perhaps the biggest gaming launch ever. I haven't felt that with Reach or 4.

To be fair I don't think I've felt that any gaming event has topped that.

And you guys weren't kidding about the Warthog, holy hell it sounds like fucking garbage now. It sounds exactly like the RC toy Warthog I got as a gift 4-5 years ago. Wooooow, what the fuck. All of the other sound stuff is fucking great, how was this given the okay?

derFeef

While is certainly is aliased and the flickering inside buildings can be a bit much, I think PS2 game models stretches it a bit. I would say the general praise goes towards the art direction, I really dig the look of it, looks like the scifi opera I always wanted it to be.

TUROK

You've done hit your head lol.
Nah, I'm just not a fanboy. Go to the first level and look out the window when you see the Covenant fleet for the first time. It looks like ass.

When did PS2 have modern shaders? Or even shaders comparable to XBox/GC?
It's an exaggeration, but it definitely does not look good.

While is certainly is aliased and the flickering inside buildings can be a bit much, I think PS2 game models stretches it a bit. I would say the general praise goes towards the art direction, I really dig the look of it, looks like the scifi opera I always wanted it to be.
Not all the models look bad, but next time you see a Phantom, pay really close attention to it.

exYle

Really? I think the Light Rifle is the best rifle in the game, the Scattershot is awesome, and Boltshot makes a very handy shotgun in a pinch (let alone the Binary Rifle and Incineration Canon). My experience on Heroic is that the knights are just too damn strong. I crack the shields but I can't score the immediate headshot kill? Boo!

And yeah, objectives sometimes are really obscure. The best storytelling here occurs during the cutscenes and when Cortana shows off her personality rather than just an aloof mission objective giver.

Grisby

Well, all my specialization thingys finally showed up. So I guess that means I do have access to the map pack deal for whenever the first one launches.

StranGER

On some aspects I agree. The alien vehicle detail and glow looked so much better in reach. Halo 3 too.

This game looks rather good even with jaggies here and there, I love reach but I will take this over the blurry AA they used before.

I have only played multi and not seen all the maps yet but it's really impressive when 16 spartans are running around doing all kinds of business and the game keeps on going at a smooth and steady beat, and ragnarok looks stunning in this game.

abadguy

Banned

I must be playing a different version of H4

eosos

Banned
This game is sooo good. I'd say it's easily better than Reach and ODST. About even with the first one for me, granted I've only been playing solo so far.

gaheris

Story spoilers/question:

How did that guy become captain of such an important ship?

Lasky is an ONI guy if you read The Thursday War in the battle to name the Captain he was Parangosky's choice for XO, so it is no wonder he took the the chair when the shit hit the fan.

Servers certainly have went to shit compared to earlier. Just entered two straight games of dominion were within 1 minute of playing, got booted out to a team screen with "starting game" showing. Had to dashboard both times.

I'm loading into games fine, but it isn't recording my stats in Waypoint. I hope it's just that it takes a while, because I've had some pretty good games to start out with.

When Borderlands 2 launched, I couldnt play co-op because of the incredibly bad lag. Took them a couple days to get it right. Let's not pretend this is a problem with Halo 4 only.

Top Bottom