• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

rakka

Did Reach have a lot of frame drops in split screen? I don't recall too many.

nope. of course there's the usual sacrifices that are made for splitscreen as usual but in terms of slowdown almost zero in both sp and mp. can't say the same for 4. as I said earlier it seems bungie actually took care of splitscreen players a lot better than 343 did this time round.

oh and the all caps text in mp might be fine for playing by yourself but in splitscreen it gives you a headache. they just scaled everything down in the exact same ratio which makes the "player y killed player x" text ridiculously tiny. not to mention the all caps. ugh. bungie always made sure that everything was just as easy to see in splitscreen, 343 just seemed to shrink everything proportionally and that's that. real disappointed in that regard

danwarb

Yeah, there's more good than bad, but overall Reach just seemed more visually consistent to me.

Did Reach have a lot of frame drops in split screen? I don't recall too many.
Reach feel smoother with motion blur. Not much in 4 stands up to zoom.

Sai-kun

Banned
Domain terminal spoilers

Someone tell me someone's figured out the whole code at the end of Cryptum. I wanna unlock shit on Waypoint!

Kibbles

THANK god. I've been worried about this for a long time, it killed couch play for me and friends in Reach

I can't imagine how bad 4 player split screen will run/look, 2 player split screen already has some terrible LOD and framerate will take a hit here and there. The e3 forest level is laughable. Not knocking the game, because obviously it gets worse the more players you add to the screen, but be prepared.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Want some double XP games for them?

image.php

wwm0nkey

Domain terminal spoilers

Someone tell me someone's figured out the whole code at the end of Cryptum. I wanna unlock shit on Waypoint!
There is a thread on the Waypoint Halo 4 forums that has 3 codes, two for shoulder and chest plate and one for 5000XP+ an ONI emblem.

I will have the gamestop pre order codes available for trade tomorrow.

That's the Forest Armor
ARtic Battle Rifle
War Games Haven XBL Theme
Xbox Live Ghost avatar prop

Anybody have any other stuff for trade?

I'm looking for the pulse armor and the deadeye helmet.

Sallokin

Quick question about specializations. This morning I could see like 8 or 9 different ones, now I can only see 2. I thought all were available from day one for people who bought the LE.

Woorloog

Banned
I will have the gamestop pre order codes available for trade tomorrow.

That's the Forest Armor
ARtic Battle Rifle
War Games Haven XBL Theme
Xbox Live Ghost avatar prop

Anybody have any other stuff for trade?

I have specialization unlocks that i don't need (have LE)... But i also have the Forest skin and Arctic BR.
Need to get rid of this Specs code... Could trade them for Haven theme BUT if you're in North America, you'll get specializations unlocked by playing before 20th, IIRC.

S1kkZ

"Access halo waypoint to see the terminal."

:/

i really hate that decision. the terminal videos are very important for the story and should not be for gold members only.

anyway: what do you guys think about the new weapons?

forerunner:
-lightrifle: amazing but like all the forerunner weapons, not distinctive enough. they need to be more alien in form an function.
-binary rifle: looks too much like the lr but its the best sniper weapon in the game.
-boltshot: great pistol but i dislike the slight delay when you fire a single shot.
-scattershot: dont like it. only usefull against bigger enemies right in front of you.
-surpressor: ugh. ugly as sin and useless.
-rocket launcher thing: meh, just another rocket launcher.

love all the new unsc weapons.

delta25

Banned
I don't know about the rest of you betty' but this is hands down the best Halo since CE.

Oh and the OST is amazing, it may not be Marty's work but its easily just as good in its own way.

Grisby

i really hate that decision. the terminal videos are very important for the story and should not be for gold members only.
My main problem is that to watch these important story bits I have to stop the game apparently to see them.

Zeal

Banned
I'm really sorry for all of you guys who ordered with Amazon. They have always been great overall, but the ball has been dropped hard on this shit. You NEVER make people wait on a big release everyone is anxious to play day 1, especially Halo.

Compensation is in order here. Don't let this go.

Campaign swooning inside:

So after hours of morning multiplayer I decided to start up single player. The small details make me want to explore each level, kill every enemy, and look at every cranny, oh God the crannies! Looking for a weapon I walked near a wall making a row of BRs pop out :D. So I grab one and contiue on my merry way shooting and having a grand ol time. Then space happens, this is where I experienced the most awesome thing to happen in any Halo game ever. I flank around the left side killing the hackle snipers, as he floats through the air I see a grunt toss a grenade at me. I take cove behind the dead floating corpse which ends up catching the sticky that would have ultimately killed me. So the moral is: use corpses as cover = Feel like ultimate badass.

Petrichor

So, the SAW is pretty damn beastly online.

The sticky detonator is brilliant on levels like haven and adrift, multi-kills everywhere.

anyway: what do you guys think about the new weapons?

forerunner:
-lightrifle: amazing but like all the forerunner weapons, not distinctive enough. they need to be more alien in form an function.
-binary rifle: looks too much like the lr but its the best sniper weapon in the game.
-boltshot: great pistol but i dislike the slight delay when you fire a single shot.
-scattershot: dont like it. only usefull against bigger enemies right in front of you.
-surpressor: ugh. ugly as sin and useless.
-rocket launcher thing: meh, just another rocket launcher.

love all the new unsc weapons.

The incineration cannon is the only one that really feels like it occupies its own niche in the sandbox imo. The suppressor is horrible and the rest are pretty inconsequential.

Just beat it on Heroic. Wow! Loved it. Ranked up there as one of my favorite campaign experiences. There is not a level I don't want to play again. There usually is always one in Halo I can't stand. The Cortana level in Halo 3 comes to mind. There might be 8 missions but I would rather have 8 than 10 with 2 of them being some level that I wish never existed.

My only gripes with the campaign and they are not that big, like I said I really loved it, is doors being closed behind you and the checkpoint saving seeming different to me. The closing doors just kept taking me off guard when I wanted to retreat and then a bit frustrated when I couldn't go back and grab a weapon I wanted. And then with the checkpoints, it seems you can't manually activate them anymore like you used to by going back and forth between big areas. I would get through 20 or so enemies and move to a new room with no checkpoint, die and go back way way far back. I don't mind, it just felt different than previous Halos.

Amazing! This was everything I was hoping for! :)

S1kkZ

So, the SAW is pretty damn beastly online.

i love this weapon. btw: if the deadeye helmet code is still available (when there is no one who wants to trade something for it) i would take it. sadly, i have nothing to trade besides the 2 week xbl gold code.

-depends. i think both are useless. hardlight shield all the way.

I'm really sorry for all of you guys who ordered with Amazon. They have always been great overall, but the ball has been dropped hard on this shit. You NEVER make people wait on a big release everyone is anxious to play day 1, especially Halo.

Compensation is in order here. Don't let this go.

What happened with Amazon?

Kujo

Finished it. I want to say it felt like Halo 2 with a Mass Effect vibe and a
Modern Warfare
ending.

I liked it overall, but didn't really like missions 3 and 5, felt they dragged on too much

tehbible

looking for players that would like to play campaign coop. fyi i'm a casual gamer so i'm not expert at fps console shooters.

Aguirre

watched my little sis play some of this. Glad a lot of the original sounds are back. it actually looks stunning in motion. im indifferent to the cod style sprinting

Top Bottom