• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Everything looks good but the infinitely refreshing, high range radar. Just chunks up the idea of flanking and, as the stream shows, ruins what should be exciting "what is he doing and how can I counter it?" close quarter combat.

jet1911

Wish they could implement a photo mode in singleplayer. Like in Forza, press start during a race and choose photomode. I think it would be a good compromise to them taking out theatre mode for the campaign.

He was trying to score a date with Bravo.
Well, he is a handsome young man. Good luck, Tashi!

The sounds man, the sounds.

EVen after all the games of Halo 4 I've played, I STILL can't get over the audio for the AR through headphones. Incredible audio in this game.
The only gun sound that I can't get on board with is the pistol. Everything else is absolutely spectacular, though.

Yay, Extraction! Cosmic Disco Ball Gun, woo!

Nice what kind of heatset did you get? I've been looking into getting one.
Turtle Beach XP400. Wireless 5.1 and wireless Bluetooth chat with the Xbox. The wireless uses different frequencies too so as not to interfere with my nearby wireless router and gear. I'm sure there are better headsets out there, but this was the right mix of ease, capability and price for my setup. You can usually find them on sale too.

Now I can avoid pissing off the neighbors while maxing out engine sounds in Horizon. And yeah, the audio work for Halo 4 sounds absolutely incredible - can't wait. The initial reveal trailer felt like it was just yesterday. Soooo close to Halo 4 and my days off.

Maybe this has been covered, but why have the DMR and the BR?
Single fire vs Burst fire each provide benefits depending upon the situation (ie. extreme range and when firing on the move).

Popeck

My feelings towards those new armors are quite similar to those which I felt towards the "new" Pokemons. They just don't feel right.

MrBig

There are 4 main rifles: DMR, BR, Carbine, and Lightrifle. These are all sidegrade primary weapons that you can choose to spawn with (+the automatic weapons), to support how you personally play rather than being forced into a certain playstyle as in past games.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Vortex has a nice Halo 2-ish pallet. Removal of film grain makes a world of difference even though it would otherwise look like a Reach map.

It's like your current gf and your ex meeting for the first time.

EvB

Just got a new wireless 5.1 headset for this and Forza Horizon. One of the best gaming purchases I've made in a while.

My ears are ready.

Me too! I just dropped abomb for some 7.1 Tritton Warheads.

How they can claim they are 7.1 is beyond me. The 360 doesn't output a 7.1 signal and headphones only have 2 speakers :/

Hindle

Banned
Elites are the best foe in any FPS IMO. Just so satisfying when you take one of them down. Especially on legendary.

Does Halo4 have fall damage or health packs?

As I've said in the past, I wish Halo games launched with more than 9 or 10 maps.
I quickly tire of playing the same maps within a month.
In my dreams, Halo4 would release with 10 new maps, plus every map from Halo3 + Reach, that are still on my HDD.

Izayoi

Banned
There are 4 main rifles: DMR, BR, Carbine, and Lightrifle. These are all sidegrade primary weapons that you can choose to spawn with (+the automatic weapons), to support how you personally play rather than being forced into a certain playstyle as in past games.
Is the Carbine actually on-par with the BR (by extension the DMR and presumably the Lightrifle) ala Halo 3 Beta?

Me too! I just dropped abomb for some 7.1 Tritton Warheads.

How they can claim they are 7.1 is beyond me. The 360 doesn't output a 7.1 signal and headphones only have 2 speakers :/
Yep. Which is why I just said screw it and picked up 5.1's instead. Whether its real or simulated the positional audio has still helped me out.

daedalius

This mode looks like Arathi Basin: Halo Edition. I like it.

I understand it much better now.

Other than the flags (nodes) don't stay in the same spots.

Also, I hope at some point they uncover the skill rankings; just so you can keep track of your personal progress. Tournaments are good, but that's not really something you work towards all the time. SC2 rankings dangit!

EvB

Does Halo4 have fall damage or health packs?

As I've said in the past, I wish Halo games launched with more than 9 or 10 maps.
I quickly tire of playing the same maps within a month.
In my dreams, Halo4 would release with 10 new maps, plus every map from Halo3 + Reach, that are still on my HDD.

Most of the maps in Reach are waaaay too small for all the sprinting,jumping and instant respawns of Halo 4.

Top Bottom