• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

MrDaravon

I'll have to catch the archive of this later, I'm pleasantly surprised by how good the stream seems to be based on posts in here.

EvB

Yep. Which is why I just said screw it and picked up 5.1's instead. Whether its real or simulated the positional audio has still helped me out.

Don't get me wrong, the Dolby Headphone stuff works really well, I can tell where abouts explosions are happening when I'm camping now!

I just found it odd that the ones I have are 7.1 and are officially licensed by Xbox

The only gun sound that I can't get on board with is the pistol. Everything else is absolutely spectacular, though.
Yeah I am not sure why they chose that sound for the Pistol. I would have preferred something a little more powerful sounding.

All of the other guns sound great though.

Is the Carbine actually on-par with the BR (by extension the DMR and presumably the Lightrifle) ala Halo 3 Beta?

It's better than Halo 3's retail Carbine. I had the chance to play Halo 4 in the middle of October and it was my go-to weapon. Tried out the other rifles, but settled on the Carbine 80% of the time. I was holding my own with it, and left very satisfied.

Kibbles

I might get Halo 4 after work tomorrow night, can we go online yet or will we get auto-banned for a legit copy?

EvB

I guess it just depends on play style, the carbine has a crazy fast rate of fire, presumably each shot is weaker though.

I'd guess the weapons are all really carefully balanced like this to ensure that no one weapon will end up as the default weapon for every player

Please tell me someone recorded the stream and put it on YouTube or something.
Can't believe it started at the exact same time as my political science class.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It was, then it was nerfed :/

Would have been cool if they made it just as good at max firing rate. That way if you were fast enough it could work. Carbine is once again relegated to being a niche novelty instead of an awesome weapon it is/should be.

Conor, man, I really have no idea about you. Stream was solid, great gameplay and some good questions asked.
1zo7n2ujckxn.jpg

I can't wait to see the Covenant get naively owned by the Prometheans even more so than the Flood. 3-way fights for the fucking WIN, Keyes was always one of my favorite levels because of that.

Sissel

Only thing I'm not sold on is the maps. Map quality has been an issue for me since Halo 3, Reach having the worst set by far. I don't think we'll never see a map lineup as great as Halo 1/2's out of the box.

A Penguin

Only just started getting up to date with Halo 4. What's with the availability of the limited edition? A lot of retailers online are out of stock. Is it really this limited?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Only just started getting up to date with Halo 4. What's with the availability of the limited edition? A lot of retailers online are out of stock. Is it really this limited?

Yep, it ran out a few months ago. Some places have a small stock left that they put up online, but not many.

lantus

I'm getting more depressed everyday that get's closer to this game coming out. It's going to be the first Halo game I don't buy, as I don't have a 360 anymore. I think I need a shoulder to cry on. :(

Good luck mate, everywhere around me brick and mortar had nothing far back as few weeks ago when I tried. Your best bet is going in at midnight and hope they ordered extras for non-preorders.
Amazon and Walmart randomly restock sometimes, at least how I got mine, but I'm guessing this close to launch that's done too.

Top Bottom