• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

GamerSoul

The game apparently comes with 14 days of Gold. That'll save me some money unless I uncharacteristically actually end up caring about the multiplayer for longer than that.

Really??? Does that include the regular copy of the game and not the LE??

Redford

aka Cabbie
Only thing I'm not sold on is the maps. Map quality has been an issue for me since Halo 3, Reach having the worst set by far. I don't think we'll never see a map lineup as great as Halo 1/2's out of the box.

Well, having not played I can't say much for map quality, but overall there seems to be more thought put into them than Reach. There's at least two solid competitive maps in Solace and Haven.

Pretty aptly named if you ask me.

Sanjuro

Kind of random, but does anyone have a working Halo 2 (PC) key they could spare and is there any issues running it on Windows 7? Was thinking about giving it a go for a couple days.

Nothing wrong with it at all. You just gotta know who not to pay attention to.

that's good to hear, but I would like to know what he found a f'ing disaster about the footage.

his replying to a post after mine suggests he doesn't want to talk about it. that's disappointing, I would like to hear his views.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
We in there

8142630708_2517425c63_z.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do we have a number on the MP install size yet?

Does that include space partitioned away for Spartan Ops or no? I'm curious as to how this works. Got my 20GB set up with a 16GB USB already!

JackHerer

Does that include space partitioned away for Spartan Ops or no? I'm curious as to how this works. Got my 20GB set up with a 16GB USB already!

It's 8 gb I believe. And no I don't think it includes SpOps. The first week's missions may be on the disc but after that you download them each week.

Raide

They mentioned 8Gb on the stream but I am not sure it is that much for everything. Maybe if you install the SP and MP stuff?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's 8 gb I believe. And no I don't think it includes SpOps. The first week's missions may be on the disc but after that you download them each week.
They mentioned 8Gb on the stream but I am not sure it is that much for everything. Maybe if you install the SP and MP stuff?
8GB I believe. Unknown re:SpOps.
Thanks dudes. Anyone know why it's so big?

8GB for MP alone sounds massive. Surely that can't all be assets for only 10 MP maps o_O

wwm0nkey

2 gigs for MP maps and 1.5 for Spartan Ops (Sparton Ops size is bound to increase)

Spawnling

I am just saddened by the lack of various game-types this time around. I'm talking about "party" game-types. Remember when Bungie added "Action Sack!" and various other random game-types where loads of players came up with ridiculous types of game-types with it? I wonder if we'll be seeing that this time around. It just seems like 343 is trying to "cut back" on the amount of game-types. Is disc space a cause as well? Even with Reach having Firefight, Theater (support for campaign and firefight) a full campaign and forge, it still had all those game-types.

Compare/Contrast

Halo Reach:
Slayer
CTF
Oddball
Territories
Assault
Race
Infection
Stockpile
Juggernaught
Invasion
King of the Hill
VIP?

Halo 4 we have:
Slayer
CTF
Oddball
Regicide
Flood
Dominion
King of the Hill
Extraction

Still unsure. Meh.

No, there is still a whitelist going around, yeah we will get unbanned but getting banned in the first place sucks.

I've just been playing offline with a USB on a temp profile.

Oh the talks about the Whitelist are true?

I get the game tomorrow... perhaps I should let someone know rather than dealing with being banned.

Raide

I am just saddened by the lack of various game-types this time around. I'm talking about "party" game-types. Remember when Bungie added "Action Sack!" and various other random game-types where loads of players came up with ridiculous types of game-types with it? I wonder if we'll be seeing that this time around. It just seems like 343 is trying to "cut back" on the amount of game-types. Is disc space a cause as well? Even with Reach having Firefight, Theater (support for campaign and firefight) a full campaign and forge, it still had all those game-types.

Compare/Contrast

Halo Reach:
Slayer
CTF
Oddball
Territories
Assault
Race
Infection
Stockpile
Juggernaught
Invasion
King of the Hill
VIP?

Halo 4 we have:
Slayer
CTF
Oddball
Regicide
Flood
Dominion
King of the Hill
Extraction

Still unsure. Meh.

Added is the important word. I am 100% sure 343 will be adding more playlists as things progress.

Sissel

Compare/Contrast

Halo Reach:
Slayer
CTF
Oddball
Territories
Assault
Race
Infection
Stockpile
Juggernaught
Invasion
King of the Hill
VIP?

Halo 4 we have:
Slayer
CTF
Oddball
Regicide
Flood
Dominion
King of the Hill
Extraction

Still unsure. Meh.
VIP was horrible, Invasion was okay, judggernaught was okay. I'm okay with this.

Top Bottom