• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

blamite

I'm guessing Halo 5 will be on the new xbox? This game looks great so I'm looking forward to the next. A halo every 2 years, right?

Your post reminded me of something. BIG ENDING SPOILERS BELOW

I remember someone, Frankie I think, mentioning a long-ish time ago that as visuals improve and get more realistic, Cortana's nekedness becomes more of a "problem," or awkward thing or whatever. Looks like they've solved that problem... I'm just sad about how :(

So... umm what up with the major framerate drops at times?
The only drop I noticed was on mission 5, when
The Mammoth goes around that one turn with the waterfalls.
That was a pretty massive drop, but I never had any problems elsewhere. Except in splitscreen...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What console do you have?

image.php

LOL

As for replaying 1,2,3 I would do it if I had a buttload of spare time. I ended up just watching some you tube vids of the games

MP is so good.

rakka

there are most certainly framerate issues when playing splitscreen on matchmaking though. sp seems fairly solid but pop in is horrendous lol.

Can't call those framerate drops when it happens online. Could simply be momentary lag. I've had some lag in Spartan Ops missions, and then played the very same missions again and saw no framerate/lag issue.

Well it was huge drops. Single digits for everyone. Was just nuts.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's just a skin from GS, you can unlock Hazop later.
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the pre-order bonuses. I'm pretty sure all of them were just for skins — I don't think any armor pieces are exclusive aside from the ones that come with the LE, and even then I might be wrong.

What control method are you guys using?

I am finding the default one a bit weird, since melee is mapped to RB, which is making it hard for me to go from shooting RT to RB in CQC.

Recon is another alternative, but Sprint it mapped to X!

Luthair

I just got done playing this game for 14 hours straight with a friend in Coop on Legendary. 343's take on the game is really interesting. The level designs were extremely polished and well done. The clean textures and everything was amazing. The levels were very complex in shape and designs so they could maximize the space they had. I quite enjoyed it. The ending was pretty interesting. The added video for beating it on Legendary was interesting too. Kind of a nice setup for the next game. The game had a lot more emotion in it which made me feel engrossed in it more. Kudos 343 for doing well.

Soundtrack was weird though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What control method are you guys using?

I am finding the default one a bit weird, since melee is mapped to RB, which is making it hard for me to go from shooting RT to RB in CQC.

Recon is another alternative, but Sprint it mapped to X!

Yeah this sucks badly. At least crouch is comfortable though. They can't see you on the radar when you are moving in crouch position right?

I'm using default with sensitivity at 4. Sprint at X is insane, seriously wtf

rakka

That's network lag, not gameplay lag.

Played the entire game and never noticed pop in. It's not horrendous. All this hyperbole is hilarious.
entire campaign in splitscreen? and not once you noticed texture popping in? get your eyes checked its as obvious as it gets in splitscreen

Grisby

Holy exposition dump in CH5. Story took a turn for the crazy. Love the cortana bits though and Chief now has full on social skills.

That level was fun.

i just finished the mission where
youre on that gigantic truck thing and then you meet the librarian and stuff
and wow. this game just keeps on getting better and better. the story reveals have been crazy. im really interested in picking up the forerunner novels after this game

how far am i into the campaign? also,
the fuck is del rio's problem? i hope its explained in this game later on. dude acts like master chief fucked his wife or something lol

playing this on coop with my lil bro. graphics and framerates are noticeably worse on co op and texture pop ins continue. im going to replay this again solo to get the full experience, as solo plays flawlessly. ive noticed certain events happen in solo that doesnt happen when youre in co op, not to mention some of the dialogue is a little different.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the pre-order bonuses. I'm pretty sure all of them were just for skins — I don't think any armor pieces are exclusive aside from the ones that come with the LE, and even then I might be wrong.

Looks to be that way. Unfortunately, there are five Pre-Order only badges.

Yeah this sucks badly. At least crouch is comfortable though. They can't see you on the radar when you are moving in crouch position right?

I'm using default with sensitivity at 4. Sprint at X is insane, seriously wtf

If it's anything like the previous Halo games, you won't show up on the radar when moving in crouch mode.

I really hope they fix the controls up.It's affecting my performance in multi.

Had some BTB nirvana today for my first serious MP outing. Just the way I like it: me skulking around the outside of the map, nice and easy, picking off all of the people rushing into each other in the center. It has to be the most relaxing multiplayer shooter experience possible. I think this is pretty much the only way I really enjoy Halo though.

For awhile I couldn't settle on which Halo game this felt most like.

There are a lot of parts that feel right out of CE, there are "sniper alleys" and gondolas and other things like Halo 2, there are a couple of fights that remind me of 3, and there are even a couple of very Reach-like segments.

Really, I can't describe this by naming another Halo game. It's Halo 4 and that's all it is. 343 did a great job of making this feel like not only the next Halo, but 343's very own Halo. It at once feels like an evolution of a classic series and the beginning of something new.

I've got a couple of minor gripes, and I'm sure lots of people will have many more, but all in all 343 succeeded in proving they are the right people to be driving this franchise and I look forward to seeing what they do next to try and top Halo 4.

Had some BTB nirvana today for my first serious MP outing. Just the way I like it: me skulking around the outside of the map, nice and easy, picking off all of the people rushing into each other in the center. It has to be the most relaxing multiplayer shooter experience possible. I think this is pretty much the only way I really enjoy Halo though.

That's usually my playstyle on BTB - I try to avoid where everyone is at pew pew-ing at each other, and methodically trying to flank and pick off from afar using the DMR. I'm always moving as well because you just never know with the spawning in this game sometimes.

Apath

I'm almost done with the second mission. Graphics are great, but the banter between Cortana and Masterchief is pretty crappy. Campaign also feels kind of dull so far, even though the gun play is solid.

Lingitiz

I'm almost done with the second mission. Graphics are great, but the banter between Cortana and Masterchief is pretty crappy. Campaign also feels kind of dull so far, even though the gun play is solid.

I felt like Cortana's banter was alot less witty (although understandably). Their exchanges don't really get good until the end of the game.

Does anyone know if the the Mark VI glitched, is there a workaround?

"The server that tracks commendations were going offline and then online. They had to be online when you completed a level to register the commendation. For the Solo Legendary achievement it is tracked by save data so don't worry about that if they are offline. I don't know if you can track which levels are complete for the commendation but if you can it'll be an easy-ish run through co-op to redo it."
http://www.gamespot.com/halo-4/foru...unlock-mark-vi-armor-after-campaign-64549996/

I know I'm late and all, but goddamn do those weapons feel good to fire.

That Assault Rifle and the Suppressor feel so damn CRISP.

I can't wait to jump into MP. Is it good old fashioned, mindless fun?

So far at Chapter 5. I'm really impressed with it so far. Feels like all the weapons had their screws tightened so it doesn't feel as floaty. The AI is vastly improved. The levels are classic Halo design. This is definitely a GOTY contender for me.

7he Talon

For the most part, GAF thinks the new xbox will come out next year. If this happens, Halo 5 will come out in 2014.

Don't new systems get announced a year before hand? Like the Wii U. We haven't heard anything from Sony or MS.
They'll announce it next E3, with a Nov release date (maybe). Anyway, I don't doubt them going for a 2 year dev/release cycle. So it coming out on the Xbox-Next is just common sense.

I'd wager there'll be some kind of Halo game next year around this time, maybe a spinoff in another genre or something.

Then maybe a Halo 2 remake the next year?

And then Halo 5 the year after that. I just don't see them releasing a mainline Halo game every other year, but I also don't see them not releasing a Halo game in a year. It'd just be leaving money on the table.

Top Bottom