• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Man the online pisses me off.

-Game won't let me change loadouts when I die, I keep pressing Y and it does nothing
-I got joined in a match where the whole team quit except one person, and he was losing 47-10
-Keep getting into games where its 3v4
-Games starting when its 4v0
-Wanting to change grenades and having an ordinance at the same time which they changed to the D-Pad so I can't change grenades while I have an ordinance or I'm going to be forced to use it
-No regular Team Slayer/Team Doubles/Team Snipers/Team Swat/
-Barely any lunge on beat downs like before

Yup. dont play 4v3s. just leave, its broken. dont stay in matches where it puts you on the wrong end of 20 kills, with the other team holding powerups. leave is the best choice usually.

Yup. dont play 4v3s. just leave, its broken. dont stay in matches where it puts you on the wrong end of 20 kills, with the other team holding powerups. leave is the best choice usually.
Wow. I'm a fan of join-in-progress but I didn't think that would mean games would *start* off lopsided. Doesn't seem right.

I just finished the third campaign level, Forerunner, and at the end when
the Didact shows up
there was no vocal track. I could hear the music and other sound effects, but no dialogue. Now I'm watching the cut scene on YouTube to find out what I missed.

Najaf

Saw a kid in the chips isle at Walmart taking pictures of the Doritos bags with a cell phone. I went to inspect a bag myself and sure enough, the codes for double XP are on the outside of the bag. Each bag was marked mega, meaning 12 matches each. He appeared to have gone through at least half of them.

I imagine this is common, so YMMV on getting bags who's codes have already been tapped.

Saw a kid in the chips isle at Walmart taking pictures of the Doritos bags with a cell phone. I went to inspect a bag myself and sure enough, the codes for double XP are on the outside of the bag. Each bag was marked mega, meaning 12 matches each. He appeared to have gone through at least half of them.

I imagine this is common, so YMMV on getting bags who's codes have already been tapped.

God, you rank up so fast already....people actually do this? God damn.

J10

Banned
-Wanting to change grenades and having an ordinance at the same time which they changed to the D-Pad so I can't change grenades while I have an ordinance or I'm going to be forced to use it

AHAHAHAHAHA!

What a colossal series of design fuck ups multiplayer amounts to. The guns and grenades in this game work so beautifully - why does everything around them fail so miserably? -_-

watership

So did you go over, smash his phone and then hit him over the head with the whole rack of Doritos?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

I remember this being an issue with similar promotions in the past. I guess putting an insert in the bags is somewhat wasteful, packaging-wise, but they're asking for trouble by putting the codes on the outside. At least with the Mt. Dew it's under the cap.

Najaf

So did you go over, smash his phone and then hit him over the head with the whole rack of Doritos?

Unfortunately he did the whole deer in the headlights look as I stopped my cart nearby and proceeded to walked the other way without a second glance back.

edit: Was at most fifteen. Should have followed him back to mommy...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone up for some Legendary co-op? I'm on mission 4. Would love to play with some peeps. My gamertag is intrinsic.

Unfortunately he did the whole deer in the headlights look as I stopped my cart nearby and proceeded to walked the other way without a second glance back.

edit: Was at most fifteen. Should have followed him back to mommy...

Not sure why you didn't think "sweet", pulled out your phone and started doing the same thing... Kid thinks outside the box.

Kerub

Banned
I was finding multiplayer to be pretty boring, but I tried big team slayer for a few games now and I've been having a fantastic time. So much fun!

Everdred

Loved the single player but I just don't know how I feel about the multiplayer. Playing Reach right now and it feels better. Maybe its just what I'm used to.

So does the game only save your most recent film? It doesn't queue up your games until you shut your Xbox off like it used to? Or am I missing something?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I still haven't even had a chance to play the game yet, but I've been wracking my mind over what control scheme to use. I think I'm going to go with Default instead of Recon this time around... I don't like the idea of having both sprint and melee on face buttons. Boxer doesn't look bad, as you can aim your melees like Default, but you can't sprint and jump. Man, they really all have their pros and cons. I almost ALWAYS use the default scheme in every game, but this is one case where I'd really like the option to customize.

J-Roderton

I've been using the active camo AA for probably the past 20 matches or so. I love that shit. I never used it in Reach at all, but I think it's my favorite ability at the moment. Been racking up a ton of kills with it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah, my opinion on it is starting to sour. Not sure what AA I'll use instead. Maybe mobility or decoy?

regen is terrific IMO. kill a guy, use it, and your ready for the next. really eliminates a lot of getting finished off by his teammate

I've been using the active camo AA for probably the past 20 matches or so. I love that shit. I never used it in Reach at all, but I think it's my favorite ability at the moment. Been racking up a ton of kills with it.

What the crap - that never worked for me! What's your strategy with it? I know you need to crouch and move slowly, but I always get spotted no matter what.

J-Roderton

What the crap - that never worked for me! What's your strategy with it? I know you need to crouch and move slowly, but I always get spotted no matter what.

I just slow down. I don't find it hard to get my hands on a sniper or a scatter shot/shot gun. After that it's over. A lot of crouching definitely helps. Different from Reach, I think active camo actually makes you hard to see in this game. I've had tons of players just run right up to me face to face.

Feels dirty.

And I really think adding sprint has made the matches super fast paced. Loving it.

JimboJones

Just got the game today... got completly destroyed online lol feels way different than reach.

I think I might try and train my self to go back to the default controle scheme, been on bumper jumper since Halo 3 but it keeps accidently crouching in this game, dunno if my controller is just dodgy or what.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else getting a runtime error trying to access the classified page on Halo Waypoint to enter the codes?

Prologue

Just got the game today... got completly destroyed online lol feels way different than reach.

I think I might try and train my self to go back to the default controle scheme, been on bumper jumper since Halo 3 but it keeps accidently crouching in this game, dunno if my controller is just dodgy or what.

I find my self doing way better in this game for some reason than in reach. Beating SP on legendary helped a lot. Ammo is sparse and you really got to make those shots count, especially head shots.

Karl2177

"Let's up with a new way to bring power ups to the battle field!"
"Yea. And let's leave Camo as an armor ability!"

Goddamn stupid ass decision.

Ichabod

Banned
I've only spent one day with MP but damn I'm having a hard time getting back in the groove. My aim is all over the place. ;_;

I love the campaign so far but MP is a mess.

Its everything I was afraid of. If there are a couple of hot players on the other team the map gets packed with power weapons. There is no more equal ground at all.

Sanjuro

regen is terrific IMO. kill a guy, use it, and your ready for the next. really eliminates a lot of getting finished off by his teammate

I just switched to that, and normally I'm a grumpy old man about loadouts. Only want one.

Prior, I always used active camo. The regen field does basically the same for how I used the camo.

if your talking about accidentally clicking the sticks I have that problem too. With the Fishstick scheme I'm always hitting the melee stick and I'm dying a lot from it.

I did find a "Clench Protection" setting in the menu so maybe that might help us. Does anyone know what this does?

Started my Legendary run. Playing through Requiem, the part where you fight the
pair of hunters at the top, before the end of the mission
. Ended up taking a shortcut up top, which broke the spawns. Didn't even have to fight through that part. Yay.

Top Bottom