• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

StuBurns

Banned
The only problem I had was there were some sections where the game kept freezing for a second. I don't know if its my 360's problem or game disc's problem. I did install the game.
Does it coincide with loading/saving? The game does hang when that happens.

I just booted up the game, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered or if asking this makes me a dumb ass but is the opening cinematic with Halsey live action? Cuz if not, then wow.

MrBig

The checkpoint system is really terrible. It's back to basic static trigger checkpoints instead of dynamic checkpoints :/

And the garbage collection system is completely out of wack in some areas. Weapons disappear way too fast and in some areas even disappear as soon as they are dropped.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Already unlocked all the codes. The helmet looks weird.

Has the helmet code been posted? What is the prerequisite?

How hard is it for Spartan Ops to match up 4 people?

I would rather wait an extra minute than it keep putting me in a game with one other person. :(

Why can't you search SpOps games by difficulty? This is still a mystery to me.

7he Talon

Has the helmet code been posted? What is the prerequisite?
Beating the 3rd Spartan Ops mission
Helmet Code:
BxdPa.png

Other Armour/Xp/Emblem Code: First 2 Spartan Ops missions.
Kztmp.jpg

Heysoos

Are people not playing multiplayer? I'm tired of fucking starting every game 2/3 vs 4 and never getting anyone else in the match.

The good and bad thing about this game is the sheer amount of Halo noobs playing MP.

The Good: Fresh meat and they will get better.

The Bad: When 4 of them rush a Mech with assault rifles when the score is 980-950 good guys.

FFFF UUUU

7he Talon

Someone break down this stuff. Do you play the mission and it unlocks the armor? or do you input these code somewhere? if so, where?

I so confuse.
Finish the first 3 Spartan Op's mission and go find the 5th Terminal. Then go on Halo Waypoint, go to the classified section, then type in the codes as seen above in the appropriate sections.

exYle

Someone break down this stuff. Do you play the mission and it unlocks the armor? or do you input these code somewhere? if so, where?

I so confuse.

Go to Halo Waypoint and find the Classified section. Then go to the Raider armour section. You'll see three parts: chest, arms, and helmet. To get these armour pieces, you must complete the first three missions of Spartan Ops and then enter these codes.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
What's the deal with saves? Is it finish the chapter in one sitting or nothing? I thought I finished requiem yesterday, but my only campaign option is to restart at the beginning of requiem.

What's the deal with saves? Is it finish the chapter in one sitting or nothing? I thought I finished requiem yesterday, but my only campaign option is to restart at the beginning of requiem.

click on the mission, and the latest relay point, which is like the segment in the chapter you last left off on. you dont resume on the exact checkpoint you were though, but its as close you get to your last playthrough.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
click on the mission, and the latest relay point, which is like the segment in the chapter you last left off on. you dont resume on the exact checkpoint you were though, but its as close you get to your last playthrough.
Weird I quit and now bravo is available! Thanks!

For some reason, none of the Avatar awards for Halo 4 are working for me. They aren't listed in the "awards" section when customizing the avatar, but they ARE on my hard drive.

Anybody have an advice here?

Pachinko

Finished 6 missions now, I actually really liked mission 5 and 6 , each reminded me of some of my favorite stages in previous halo games.

As per usual the first 2 stages remain the weakest in the game just like every single previous halo game. I'm still waiting for an answer to a pressing question I have with the games basic narrative structure
why exactly are the covenent in this game ? not only did you wipe most of them out and shatter their leadership but the same races you end up fighting in halo 4 were the exact races you come to a truce with , having them in this game kind of defeats the entire purpose of the first trilogies plot , and yes I did hear cortana say "alot can happen in 4 years" but that's really not enough of an explaination
, again this isn't a deal breaker because other then that point I find the story in this better then any previous halo game although it's still best described as a bit generic :p.

robot

Really only 8 videos in the theater temp history? I wanted to save a ton of clips...I remember Reach and 3 having more but I could be wrong.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Finished 6 missions now, I actually really liked mission 5 and 6 , each reminded me of some of my favorite stages in previous halo games.

As per usual the first 2 stages remain the weakest in the game just like every single previous halo game. I'm still waiting for an answer to a pressing question I have with the games basic narrative structure
why exactly are the covenent in this game ? not only did you wipe most of them out and shatter their leadership but the same races you end up fighting in halo 4 were the exact races you come to a truce with , having them in this game kind of defeats the entire purpose of the first trilogies plot , and yes I did hear cortana say "alot can happen in 4 years" but that's really not enough of an explaination
, again this isn't a deal breaker because other then that point I find the story in this better then any previous halo game although it's still best described as a bit generic :p.

That's something I want to know too. The story has been totally retconned it seems, and now it looks like reading the books has become mandatory for full understanding.
When the Didact kept talking about transcendence and ascension, he made it seem like there was more to what we know about what happened to the Forerunners than they just activated the Halo rings and died.

Rev3rb

Just started the campaign here, and while dutifully impressed by the graphics, art direction, mo-cap, etc, one thing is sticking in my craw:

Cortana's voice direction is so bizarrely haphazard.

She just sounds all over the top in tone and inflection, and emotion, during in-battle chatter. Then gets all serious and reflective during cut scenes relating to her... situation.

It's actually distracting from the story scenario, the way she's all gung ho during play. They just crashed on an unknown world, are fighting scary new enemies, don't know what's going on, are desperately trying to get rescued, etc.

Otherwise, still plugging away.

Keep playing

Cetra

Either I just completely suck or Legendary is much more difficult than ODST or Reach were. Requiem is destroying me, but good lord it's sooooo good.

KageMaru

Beat the game twice, once alone and once co-op, and it's great to know the franchise is in good hands. One of my earliest concerns was the scale would suffer from the bump in graphics, but thankfully that wasn't the case. There were plenty of large areas with multiple options on tackling the many enemies running around. Other than the duplicate objectives on some levels, I can't think of much I didn't like about the campaign. I don't mind them playing it safe for their first campaign and I'm curious to see how much they push the scale on the next gen xbox. My hats off to you guys at 343i, this is definitely one of my favorite Halos yet.

I'm saying this fresh after losing a game so I am a little upset.

343, DO NOT START A FUCKING MM GAME IF THE TEAMS ARE UNEVEN. WHY IS THIS EVEN AN OPTION. DO I WANT TO PLAY 5v3 ODDBALL? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY NOT. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

ahem.

MM is fundamentally broken in the sense that it allows games that are VERY uneven to start. Do not try and tell me "join in progress makes this ok" because that is a load of shit.

leng jai

Heroic is giving me some trouble. I seem to be perpetually out of ammo.'

Why haven't I seen anyone complain about the washed out colours at times and the excessive bloom?

.GqueB.

Banned
Just got to the end of Mission 4
Can someone explain who/what the Didact is and what happens after you "release" him? I was missing pretty much all of what he was saying because of the hissing and I tried to turn the CC's on and restart from my last save but it actually jumped me forward to the next cut scene. The hell did I miss?

Top Bottom