• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

LiK

meh, asshole ex-Gaffer spoiled a bit gf Halo 4 for me but the story was still fucking awesome. the story was really well done. i know they'll do 2 more games but damn, i would like to see 343 do a different game as well. such talented folks there.

So I played Halo 3 (and Reach) on Heroic because Bungie said that was how the game was meant to be played. But from what I've been hearing, the Heroic mode now actually lives up to its name? Meaning I should play on Normal?

(I'll be playing with a friend)

LiK

So I played Halo 3 and Reach on Heroic because supposedly that was how the game was meant to be played. But from what I've been hearing, the Heroic mode now actually lives up to its name? Meaning if I should play on Normal?

(I'll be playing with a friend)

Heroic was pretty damn brutal on Solo for me. i decided to switch to Normal just to see where the story went. if you're doing any coop then stick with Heroic. i plan on doing Legendary on coop tho.

I get really annoyed when my infinite sprint ability stops working. 2nd game of CTF it just would not work. It worked the first and 3rd game but not the 2nd. And being that you can't adjust load outs on the fly, you kind of pigeon hole yourself.

So I think I should've gotten a Perfection Medal tonight...

ypl53.jpg

Anyone else get screwed over :(? We did win that match BTW.

nbraun80

I'm saying this fresh after losing a game so I am a little upset.

343, DO NOT START A FUCKING MM GAME IF THE TEAMS ARE UNEVEN. WHY IS THIS EVEN AN OPTION. DO I WANT TO PLAY 5v3 ODDBALL? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY NOT. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

ahem.

MM is fundamentally broken in the sense that it allows games that are VERY uneven to start. Do not try and tell me "join in progress makes this ok" because that is a load of shit.

no you're right this needs to be patched, my buddies and I don't even go into infinity slayer if our party is 3 people because it'll almost always puts us in a 3v4 and never adds a 4th for us.

Just finished first time, Heroic. I found it agreeably challenging, and really, it can be considered a high difficulty for most. As for the ending, I kept myself largely unspoiled so...looking forward to replaying and experiencing it again.

Game is an audiovisual treat, from the obvious graphics quality, to the newly booming sound (the
Scorpion cannon
...wow), and the strong voice-acting delivers--a good thing given this installment's more personal focus. The music too I've come to appreciate, not better than the famed earlier offerings, but nothing to scoff at.

Will poke around for some achievements on Heroic again before tackling Legendary.

rakka

Is normal the new heroic? Or is heroic still the same? I've seen differing opinions.

normal is piss easy

oh and for matchmaking, anyone know why they removed the Top medals list? for first strike, spree and multikills. i liked that, why remove it what was the damn point lol

TheOddOne

SWAT playlist coming next week.
As you read the above title, you’re probably thinking, “We get a Matchmaking update already?!” and the answer is yes, you do indeed get a Matchmaking update already. Welcome to Halo 4, Spartans!

Halo 4 Matchmaking updates will occur on a more frequent basis than what you’re accustomed to with Reach. Instead of monthly updates, we will be providing weekly updates, with the goal being to provide fresh content on a regular basis. We will maintain a static set of playlists and feature one or two “rotational” playlists on top of that. We will be monitoring trends and statistics closely so we can react accordingly to your preferences and likes. For instance, if one of our rotational playlists consistently holds a higher population than one of our static playlists, we will consider swapping them out based on player demand. The process will be fluid and based on numbers, and we’re extremely excited about the benefits of our new approach.

So, what brand new playlist do you get next week? You get everybody’s favorite “Boom, headshot!” game type. Oh yes, it’s time for SWAT! By the way, please excuse the sobbing you might be hearing right now. It’s Frankie, weeping his man-tears of joy.

Now, on to the nitty-gritty of SWAT in Halo 4.

We’ve carefully balanced the damage resistance to allow both the Battle Rifle and the DMR to compete against each other in SWAT. Another change is that we’ve removed the shield HUD; so combined with disabled radar and no ordnance, you get even more visibility during a match.

Below are the exact number of shots it takes for each weapon to kill.

• DMR – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
• Magnum – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
• BR – 7 bullets to the chest (this gun shoots three bullets in a burst, so the first bullet of the third burst will kill the player), 1 bullet to the head

These are the maps that will appear in the SWAT playlist.

• Haven
• Adrift
• Complex
• Abandon
• Solace

Okay, so I was a little underwhelmed by campaign (besides the visuals) before the end of the mission Forerunner, but the end of that was everything awesome about Halo,
especially the 3-way battle dynamic. Also, the Didact's
voice and design is fantastic. Can't wait to be able to dig in more this weekend.

I'm dissapointed they still track universal KD, king of the hill is just people farming for kills. Also, why doesn't Oddball have a delay on the respawn? Every match is pretty much just a huge clusterfuck.

tch

Help halo gaf. Can't win a second dominion game for the challenge to save my life! Keep getting awful teammates. Pm your gamer tag and ill ad you

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I hope they do a mercenary type playlist with no parties allowed. If you get stuck in a btb slayer against a big, organized party and your team is nothing but lone wolf scrubs that don't stick together at all you will get vehicle'd to death.

smh. not counting on a mercenary type playlist but I can hope

The limited playlist is bullshit considering I pay for live and I will probably get the season pass once the first map pack drops next month

feel

We will maintain a static set of playlists and feature one or two “rotational” playlists on top of that. We will be monitoring trends and statistics closely so we can react accordingly to your preferences and likes. For instance, if one of our rotational playlists consistently holds a higher population than one of our static playlists, we will consider swapping them out based on player demand.
RIP Slayer Pro (and Halo 4)

I'm saying this fresh after losing a game so I am a little upset.

343, DO NOT START A FUCKING MM GAME IF THE TEAMS ARE UNEVEN. WHY IS THIS EVEN AN OPTION. DO I WANT TO PLAY 5v3 ODDBALL? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY NOT. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

ahem.

MM is fundamentally broken in the sense that it allows games that are VERY uneven to start. Do not try and tell me "join in progress makes this ok" because that is a load of shit.

Yeah they need to fix this and the grenade indicator which is way too sensitive.

I don't need to know if a nade is near me if it's not gonna hurt me game.

Killer

Banned
The multiplayer in this game is so fucking broken. This is a beta.

1- Uneven matches (5vs3 or 3vs4)
2-when you start the match you can't sprint or use armor abilities.
3- at the start of the match you get a blurry vision for a minute.
4-Teammates get into the match before i even get to the loading screen.

Not even halo 2 had these problem and that was in 2004 for fuck sake.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Done Legendary co-op. What a blast. Nice golden visor you get, too. :D

Gonna play more war games tomorrow.

I had the no sprint problem and the no reticle problem at the same time. Incredibly irritating. They really need to patch this.

I've also never gotten to use the mantis in BTB because I spawn in after other people. Really stupid.

TheOddOne

Only thing that has happend to me is 3, for a split second. Guess I'm lucky.

I really wish they brought back the 2V2. Hate playing with randoms who just sit at spawn and don't even touch their controller. I'm sittin at level 21 with 500ish kills and about 250 deaths. I need more reliable teammates.

Hey, so I wanna get the Spartan Ops challenge to play everything on Legendary. Is there any late nite gaffers that want to join me? Gamertag is Dakula. Just hit me up.

Butane123

When does the daily XP cap actually reset? When does the next "day" start? Local time for 343 or what?
I'm going to assume when the daily challenges reset. When you go into your Spartan's profile to view the challenges, it gives a countdown to when the challenges switch to new the next day's. That reset time is probably when a new day begins.

Top Bottom