• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

madmackem

US players seems to have better experience than the rest of us. No wonder since most of my matches were full of US players. It's a shame this game doesn't have dedicated servers like GOW3. Dat host advantage...

Yeah if you arnt from the usa your fucked, we were in a room full of uk players with two from usa the other night and it was plain to us all we werent getting host as it was laggy, and i have a 80/20 fibre line.

I can't believe how much this game looks, sounds, feels, and sometimes...plays like Metroid Prime.......I wish there was more to do than just shoot things.

Don't get me wrong, the game is excellent and I'm loving every minute of it.....but this world feels like it was designed to get lost in for dozens of hours exploring every nook and cranny.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bolt shot needs to be toned down, seriously. Seen guys using invisibility just camping with it around corners for entire games.

Fury Sense

Been having tons of fun. Working toward Splatter Master now for that green visor of virtue.

Seeing some significant resurgence of the noob combo, must have to do with that perk for switching weapons more quickly -_-"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Bolt shot needs to be toned down, seriously. Seen guys using invisibility just camping with it around corners for entire games.
Yeah, it's overpowered in gametypes with radar. Which is almost every gametype.

Remove Camo, not nerf Boltshot.
If I had to choose one over the other, I'd definitely say remove camo. It's maddening to fight anyways. I have no idea why they made it BETTER than it was in Reach.

strata8

Played some IS tonight and I really like haven. On the other note, I can't stand BTB in this game even on Ragnorok. Add the mantis and all the power weapons and its just bullshit. The other thing I never thought of on BTB is all the plasma pistols on the map now from loadouts. Its makes vehicle based combat suck balls.

So basically:

"Why can't I get a killing spree just because I got to the banshee first?"

Plasma pistols have an incredibly short tracking range and the Mantis is one of the slowest vehicles in the game. If either of those are giving you trouble you need to seriously rethink your strategy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
can you still play split screen online multiplayer? i have a full gold subscription. every time i try to get my brother on as a guest on war games, it says it doesnt have permission to go on xbox live.

ive seen many people online with USERNAME, USERNAME (1), USERNAME (2) in lobbies so im assuming that you still can. what am i doing wrong?
Yeah, you should. Are you sure he's a guest and not in his own profile? Check your network settings perhaps?

Killer

Banned
I feel your pain. Halo 4 is the worst Halo matchmaking experience yet for me. :(

I guess 343 don't give a fuck about Aus/NZ players, no region filter is absolutely unforgivable.

Yeah if you arnt from the usa your fucked, we were in a room full of uk players with two from usa the other night and it was plain to us all we werent getting host as it was laggy, and i have a 80/20 fibre line.

It is absolutely baffling. how can they fuck up MM? Most of my matches I end up frustrated because of lag/ my shots don't register. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm considering buying Black ops 2 until they fix it. At least I know that game will pair me with people in my region.

OnPoint

Finally got my KDR up to a 0.8. A big improvement from the 0.65 or so I started with. Sometimes I don't understand how someone bashes me to death when I feel like I got the jump on them. I feel like some people know tricks I don't lol

Yeah, you should. Are you sure he's a guest and not in his own profile? Check your network settings perhaps?

yep, hes a guest. tried both guests, one that says XBOX LIVE under and the one without. i go into war games, press X to bring up the party, and have him join from there. but then it logs us both out and says we dont have permission to go on xbox live.

it also says status: unable to join as well, under my profile.

i have the old premium xbox so im connected via ethernet. i guess ill redo my network settings and see if it works after.

rakka

when 15 million play COD i'd say yes the over lap is probably in the hundreds of thousands not millions.

most of my friends exclusively play COD because its easier and avoid Halo because it takes skill and teamwork

yeah up until halo 4, luck plays a large part in it now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna play Spartan Ops RIGHT NOW? I need to do the second and last missions on Legendary. US/Canada only, please, so we can have a halfway lag free game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's amazing how difficult it is for some people to understand the concept of Dominion, and that if you want to win you only need to hold two bases instead of everyone running around going everywhere. SMH.

Ken

It's amazing how difficult it is for some people to understand the concept of Dominion, and that if you want to win you only need to hold two bases instead of everyone running around going everywhere. SMH.

Call it Domination and everyone will know what to do.

kidko

Capture and Hold Bases to win!

Anyone seeing weird ordinance drops? In Longbow I had an ordinance drop appear on top of that little structure behind the base on the right when looking from B and I couldn't jump up there to get it. With jetpack I'd be able to get it but that is still totally a bug.

wwm0nkey

what exactly happens when you unlock specializations? just more armor?
And perks, I'm doing Pioneer so I can replace my resupply with an ability that gives me more XP, only 3 more levels to go until I am done with Pioneer!

Oh also they unlock weapon skins and emblems.

7he Talon

And perks, I'm doing Pioneer so I can replace my resupply with an ability that gives me more XP, only 3 more levels to go until I am done with Pioneer!

Does the rank change and show to other players? Or do you just stay SR-50?

rakka

so you're, what, level 57 ? or does t start from 0 for every specialization

Killer

Banned
So for some reason this game refuses to let myself or my friend join each others game. Anyone else having this issue?
Yup. I have this problem with most of my friends. Network issues in this game is just unbelievable.

Anyway, ask another friend to host a game. This is the only fix that I know of.

I know it's late for most. But it's 2252 for me. Anyone wanna play some matches? I'm a damn fine player, but I don't care if you suck, just need to have a mic.

GT: jacksk3llington

Archpath1

careful with door glitch on complex
building on the back with pole in center
worse when you play oddball people take it in there and camp to win

Top Bottom