• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
What's the point of having these cool looking armors if you can't really enjoy watching them in the game. I know it's heresy to say this but... Halo 4 and the new trilogy should at least give you the option to play in 3rd person perspective. Heck I'll take that option in Spartan Ops!

Third person ? Hell no.

Theater mode son. Also the last thing your opponent sees.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ya know, those types of helms are just easy target practice for DRMs....just sayin'.
Aesthetics > minute advantages for poor shots

What's the point of having these cool looking armors if you can't really enjoy watching them in the game. I know it's heresy to say this but... Halo 4 and the new trilogy should at least give you the option to play in 3rd person perspective. Heck I'll take that option in Spartan Ops!
Egos are stroked whether you can see them or not. Just like clothing IRL.

Plus I get to stare at it all day in the lobbies.

Woorloog

Banned
Ya know, those types of helms are just easy target practice for DRMs....just sayin'.

Helmet/visor color is absolutely irrelevant to targeting others. Aim for the top, that's it.
No one, seriously no one needs the enemy to have visible head to be able to headshot them. Or spot them from distance.
Actually, nevermind, there are so bad people who actually might need highlighted head...

(A friend claims (at least back during Halo 3) that EVA helmet actually distracted him from headshots, that is actually easier to belive claim, especially if the maps primary color scheme was yellow/brown/orange. Never noticed him having trouble headshotting enemies wearing EVA helmet though.)

pringles

Yay for people glitching into the wall on Complex so you can't reach them. Happens constantly in Flood.

Btw seems like 343 had a hard time deciding what constitutes a 'win'. I have like 30 wins in my service record, but still don't have the cheevo for 20 wins. And the 117 wins challenge ticker is at 19.

Really great game, but can't wait for some patches.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man, I must be REALLY rusty, cause Heroic is absolutely killing my ass. 4 hours and 30 minutes and I just finished the 3rd mission. :lol

epic shit btw

hazop.png

How did you get the hi-res pic?

Woorloog

Banned
https://spartans.svc.halowaypoint.com/players/Laughtrey/h4/spartans/fullbody?target=large[IMG]

If this is Mark VI, what is Master Chief wearing in-game? Cause it doesn't look like that.[/QUOTE]

The Chief is wearing Mark VI. Deal with it.

According to Frankie on one interview, it was upgraded by nanobots, but Halo 4 does not refer to that. Nor does anything else.

[quote="pringles, post: 44234319"]Did 343 ever explain the redesign of MC's armor?[/QUOTE]

Nanomachines.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ughh this freaking loadout bug preventing me from changing loadouts using the Y button. I thought there was something wrong with my controller.

rakka

just browsed the last few pages.

someone said global and personal ordnance drops balance the game? lmao

and whoever posted the big ass list of issues they have with halo 4 mp, yep, pretty much agree with you on all points there.

hell, even my gf complained saying why the hell does everyone have a damn power weapon, why is lobby so shit, why can't I see where my teammates died, etc, and begs me to play reach instead now. she's not even a gamer and she can tell this is ain't fucking halo anymore.

LuchaShaq

Banned
LOVING multi so far but really hope skill matching levels out soon.

So glad that I don't have to start any game types with just crappy AR/smg.

Seems like every game is either

A. Full of split screen people who go 1-10 and make me feel like a god.

B. Coordinated teams against us randoms who steamroll us.

I'd love a middle ground!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I've had a few close, evenly matches games, but I do feel the same way. I seem to get A more than B, though.

rakka

just checked my weapon specific k/d, around 200 deaths from DMR, about 1500 kills with DMR. then whats
my most common cause of death? yep, you guessed it, fucking power weapons. it's funny, the dropped weapons disappear so quickly so not too many power weapons are in play, but pretty much everyone has one anyway due to ordnance and waypoints for weapons (but then at the same time 343 removes the team death Xs) makes no sense.

the only time theres multiple players with for eg rockets in reach was when the game switched hosts and it respawned again lol.

Red

the best track from the soundtrack is on that level too :D

i wish it was more metroid-y because like you said, some parts just make you want to look around and explore. the world is very well designed and i cant wait to get my hands on the art book. mission 3 was also a great combo of rocks and futuristic architecture and 343 did a great job making the terrain look lush and colorful, but still rocky at the same time. total eyecandy.

that being said, next gen needs to come now. i cant wait to see what this team does with better hardware and more disk space.

You have no idea what I would give for a game that truly crossed Metroid Prime with Halo, especially with visuals like this. That is like, my dream game.

Just started mission 6. Said "holy shit" out loud during and after the escape at the beginning.

The last fight in mission 5 really throws into contrast the differences between H4 and Reach. There's a big battle with
something like eight wraith tanks and four or five ghosts, which sounds awesome, but the area is huge and there are barely any infantry troops, so it appears so sparsely populated next to the biggest fights in Reach
. Still a little let down by how anemic many of the fights are, but I'm enjoying it overall.

There's a big huge info dump during mission 5 that kind of threw me for a loop. Clumsy storytelling there, and Master Chief seems so unperturbed by it all.
"Ancient humans? Oh, it all makes sense now!"
Maybe it works for fans following the EU, but I am not into all that stuff... for those of us relying only on the games, that was a huge revelation that was kind of thrown on us and forgotten.

Not sure where the complaints about game length were coming from. I am at 9h 40m according to waypoint. You can take an hour, maybe hour and a half away from that if it counts pause menu time, but that's still enough meat for a Halo game.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just stickied a Mantis for the first time. Took down a Ghost while exploding.

sogood.gif

So glad that I don't have to start any game types with just crappy AR/smg.

I had fantastic game of KOTH on Ragnorok last night. Was back and forth the whole game. Ended with us barely holding off the enemy team to win it by a couple of points.

def sim

There's a big huge info dump during mission 5 that kind of threw me for a loop. Clumsy storytelling there, and Master Chief seems so unperturbed by it all.
"Ancient humans? Oh, it all makes sense now!"
Maybe it works for fans following the EU, but I am not into all that stuff... for those of us relying only on the games, that was a huge revelation that was kind of thrown on us and forgotten.

I got around to watching those terminal videos earlier today and it's pretty ridiculous how much it actually explains. I mean, it will tell you everything. I don't know why 343 thought this should be a secret that requires effort. It should have been in the game.

If they want to tell a story, I hope they would stop leaving stuff out and just tell it to us properly.

So do the Promethean and Covenant weapons just suck ass or something? I hardly see anyone using anything other than DMR and Battle Rifle.

Also, why use DMR over Battle Rifle (or vice versa)? I can't really tell the difference between the two.

just checked my weapon specific k/d, around 200 deaths from DMR, about 1500 kills with DMR. then whats
my most common cause of death? yep, you guessed it, fucking power weapons. it's funny, the dropped weapons disappear so quickly so not too many power weapons are in play, but pretty much everyone has one anyway due to ordnance and waypoints for weapons (but then at the same time 343 removes the team death Xs) makes no sense.

the only time theres multiple players with for eg rockets in reach was when the game switched hosts and it respawned again lol.

One of several ways the game has made it easier to get kills. This becomes frustrating for people who had the skills to stay alive in previous Halo games.

Rev3rb

So do the Promethean and Covenant weapons just suck ass or something? I hardly see anyone using anything other than DMR and Battle Rifle.

Also, why use DMR over Battle Rifle (or vice versa)? I can't really tell the difference between the two.

DMR is a beast at range and close (if you hit all your shots). BR is better for people who want some leeway with their shots; not viable for long range though.

Top Bottom