• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

zlatko

Banned
fullbody

My Spartan. Hated this helm at first, but it has really grown on me.

Hawk269

Kill the watchers first and kill the knights as fast as you can. I don't find them too difficult... biggest trouble I had was figuring out they had energy shields when I first encountered them (the effect is very subtle). Snipers kill them in 2-3 hits, stickies will strip their shields, bolt shot takes two charges to kill them. There are a lot of ways of dealing with them. I think probably the most difficult encounter with one is the very first, where you are fighting at a distance with only bolt shots and suppressors available.

The watchers are pitifully easy and underutilized. I wish they offered some more substance.

I hope 343 manages to do more interesting things with their enemy sandbox next game.

Needler fucks them up pretty good. I have found that i am able to take them down much easier with the needler.

rakka

By far the biggest reason streaks are rarer in this game is that you don't have to spawn with an smg ala halo 2 or an assault rifle like H3.

Being able to spawn with BR or DMR in any non silly mode is by far the best change to the multiplayer.

thats nonsense. I love the fact that you can spawn with dmr or br how is that even an issue. we're talking about how easy it is for anyone to have access to a power weapon, and believe me it's like fucking heavies in infinity slayer.

I hear ya. Just wait for SWAT. Or play dominion where the power weapon spawns are a lot easier to predict.

yeah I'm aware its coming and definitely looking forward to it. swat is great but sometimes I and I'm sure quite a number of others would like to play some classic halo team slayer, shame the main playlist has come to this.

Red

Needler fucks them up pretty good. I have found that i am able to take them down much easier with the needler.

Yeah, if all else fails use the needler. It is an amazing short to medium range powerhouse in campaign. The only problem is ammo goes pretty quickly.

Future

Kill the watchers first and kill the knights as fast as you can. I don't find them too difficult... biggest trouble I had was figuring out they had energy shields when I first encountered them (the effect is very subtle). Snipers kill them in 2-3 hits, stickies will strip their shields, bolt shot takes two charges to kill them. There are a lot of ways of dealing with them. I think probably the most difficult encounter with one is the very first, where you are fighting at a distance with only bolt shots and suppressors available.

The watchers are pitifully easy and underutilized. I wish they offered some more substance.

I hope 343 manages to do more interesting things with their enemy sandbox next game.

That's the section I'm in. Nothing but suppressors a and those crappy new grenades. So much cover and structures that when the little guy flies after getting shot I can't even see him.

Still too much of a pain the ass IMO. Every ability under the sun. The covenant in comparison have defined weakness you can exploit. These guys are just shoot shoot shoot and hope they don't teleport away wasting all your ammo. Little buddy bringing them back to life makes you want to bash your head in...as if it wasn't enough that they also have turret fire, regenerate other AI shields, and stop your grenades

I beat heroic and I recall them getting easier with other weaponry but its just a drag to fight them. In this mission I just ended up running past all of them to the exit, cuz well fuck it. 3 knights with little buddies and dogs running around was too much on legendary

Woorloog

Banned
Am i the only one here who did not have any problems beating the Prometheans solo? Heroic, Legendary, no problems with them. Indeed i had far more problems dealing the Covies, and even that was mostly due to my odd insistence of not using the noob combo or power weapons against them...

Red

That's the section I'm in. Nothing but suppressors a and those crappy new grenades. So much cover and structures that when the little guy flies after getting shot I can't even see him.

Still too much of a pain the ass IMO. Every ability under the sun. The covenant in comparison have defined weakness you can exploit. These guys are just shoot shoot shoot and hope they don't teleport away wasting all your ammo. Little buddy bringing them back to life makes you want to bash your head in...as if it wasn't enough that they also have turret fire, regenerate other AI shields, and stop your grenades

I beat heroic and I recall them getting easier with other weaponry but its just a drag to fight them. In this mission I just ended up running past all of them to the exit, cuz well fuck it. 3 knights with little buddies and dogs running around was too much on legendary

The crawlers only take one shot each and I find their pop pretty satisfying. They are never a threat unless they start nipping at you, even on legendary. Their accuracy is horrendous.

The watchers die in five or so hits, so they are annoying but short-lived.

Knights can be a pain, I agree, if only because the teleportation is so unpredictable and it is too difficult to tell when they have their shields. I wish their armor fell off or something after a certain point so you could easily read what their health status is like. They can outright suck to fight sometimes, you just plugging away at them with the battle at a stop and pop standstill.

The Promethean turrets take like 6-7 light rifle shots and then disintegrate.

That level 4 achievement is just not happening for me. Marines embrace death with extreme enthusiasm.
Yup, on legendary there was no way, no way I was going to get that. Right after I got to them they dive out into the open and are dead before I even see an enemy. They don't take cover and they don't retreat, simply terrible allies.

I tried getting the wraith achievement on the following level but couldn't ever board a wraith without exploding the whole thing. There was one point where I crossed a loading zone and the pilot of one disappeared, but I could not proceed further while I was inside it (it was right before the caustic tributary and the wraith exploded if I touched the water), and there were no remaining wraiths for me to shoot.

Way back when, plasma weapons were more effective than human weapons at dealing with energy shields. Now it seems the BR/DMR is the way to go regardless of your other options. Plasma pistol overcharge comes in handy occasionally, but I've found myself using it less and less and instead sticking with two precision weapons at a time.

Havok

I tried getting the wraith achievement on the following level but couldn't ever board a wraith without exploding the whole thing. There was one point where I crossed a loading zone and the pilot of one disappeared, but I could not proceed further while I was inside it (it was right before the caustic tributary and the wraith exploded if I touched the water), and there were no remaining wraiths for me to shoot.
The way they changed boarding is a real bummer. For that achievement, you'll have the most success by jumping on top of the thing (not boarding it) and manually meleeing the hatch. Then you shoot the driver in the head.

It's pretty dumb.

Red

The way they changed boarding is a real bummer. For that achievement, you'll have the most success by jumping on top of the thing (not boarding it) and manually meleeing the hatch. Then you shoot the driver in the head.

It's pretty dumb.

I'll try it when I play through on heroic. I tried boarding and meleeing til the hatch was gone, then sniping the driver, but every time I wound up blowing it up. I didn't think about just jumping on top.

Man

Re-listening to the Awaking track now the soundmix just angers me even more. What a fantastic heroic tune that's unfortunately muddled in the back in the actual game. It could have been such an emotional highlight.

Trey

For the level 2 achievement, do they want you to catch air with the warthog in the beginning? I don't recall there being another warthog in the level, but there's really no place to get some air where you're given one.

I have to say, calling them little buddy makes the thought of them much less frightening/frustrating :lol

For the level 2 achievement, do they want you to catch air with the warthog in the beginning? I don't recall there being another warthog in the level, but there's really no place to get some air where you're given one.
You can do it wherever, but it has to be when your Xbox clock actually says it's midnight.

Havok

Go to the tube-like debris structure right after you get the hog, just around the corner. At midnight, make the jump, it's more than enough air.

tigerin

rarely did i felt my deaths were justified. (lags, that melee animation zoomed out half way..... stopped and the guy turned around killed me, i have overshield and was shooting at the guy nearly load off the whole round but was still killed by him(and yes, it did hit him), for some reason plasma grenades are really attracted to me(i literally saw the grenade fell on the ground then stuck on me once i walked by it through my killcam.) etc.)

Tokubetsu

Man every XBL mp game like this should have a mandatory mercenary playlist. I like playing infinity slayer over ffa but you always run the risk of running into full parties that just bend you over.

tigerin

I enjoy both franchises but I just mentioned to my friends today that H4 brings the fun and on Tues. Blops 2 will bring the rage.

can't wait for it. this is the first time that i haven't care about any of the multiplayer's footage and not really hype for it. but it's call of duty and one of those times where i can go on and play with my friends.

I know I'm just repeating what others have said, but goddamn I am fucking SICK of Ragnarok. It needs to be weighted to appear far less often because unbelievably the ENTIRE lobby will pick it every time it comes up. Every time! I don't get it. You've been playing this map for how many years kids, since the Halo 3 beta. Get over it.

You made some beautiful maps 343, force people to actually see them!

Mr.Fresh

Man every XBL mp game like this should have a mandatory mercenary playlist. I like playing infinity slayer over ffa but you always run the risk of running into full parties that just bend you over.

We on GAF should do that. Just form some parties and run threw everybody.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I know I'm just repeating what others have said, but goddamn I am fucking SICK of Ragnarok. It needs to be weighted to appear far less often because unbelievably the ENTIRE lobby will pick it every time it comes up. Every time! I don't get it. You've been playing this map for how many years kids, since the Halo 3 beta. Get over it.

You made some beautiful maps 343, force people to actually see them!

umadAlves.gif

Again with this voting for maps thing. How many options are there? And why does this make sense but not just a straight up filter that Halo has always needed?

I'm not inclined to play MP anyway, because I'm not liking what I'm hearing and history has taught me that the more Halo's combat evolves, the less I like it, but this "voting" thing strikes me as odd.

Top Bottom