• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think grenades are perfect. Better than the mini nukes from Reach.

5pXbz.png

so a couple of things, I had to beat the 1st level twice, because the commendations didn't pick it up. My buddy already beat the game on legendary solo and it only shows on the commendations that he beat the first level.

And is there any way to view stats via mobile yet?

leng jai

Hardlight Shield. With the lowered kill times, every shot counts, so when you can retreat and recuperate it helps you stay alive for much longer.

Exactly. It's a godsend when I'm getting DMRed from long range. It buys me enough time to get to cover and let my shields regenerate.

fullbody

My Spartan IV at the moment. Probably wont change armour until I unlock Scout. My only problem with the game is that it says my campaign is in "progress"...when I have actually finished it. Otherwise....best multiplayer I have ever played.

2San

You die significantly faster, which fundamentally changes the gameplay and tips the scale from skill-based to twitch-based IMO.
Skill and twitch aren't mutually exclusive. Quake 3 is a highly twitch and skill based game. Nor does a game being twitch based mean that you die faster.

Yes, dying faster changes how the game plays but a twitch shooter, aka Quake or Unreal, it is not. It's just an extreme way to get a point across.

Well, it feels way more twitch than any Halo game before it.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't get the impression that every console shooter on the market is twitch now. I feel like I just lost the only game that was skill over reflex. Well, there is Gears but I'm not crazy about Gears.

Nori Chan

fullbody

My Spartan IV at the moment. Probably wont change armour until I unlock Scout. My only problem with the game is that it says my campaign is in "progress"...when I have actually finished it. Otherwise....best multiplayer I have ever played.

asked this before, but how many assassinations do you need to get the helmet

i know you need to master it, but how many is it

Sissel

As compared to what, the ICBM grenades in Reach?

Grenades are one of the things that 343 got right, from their strength to the perk necessary to pick them up.
Reach is ass, I like to pretend that game doesn't exist lol. Compared to Halo 2/3's.

How can you give it a 10, when:
There wasn't even a fight against the Didact. Some bullshit QTE after all that buildup...are you fucking kidding me, 343? Cortana leaving is interesting story-wise, but the Didact was handle like shit gameplay-wise.
Yeah, I was hoping for a bit more in that regard as well. I wish they had fleshed all of that out just a bit more, it would have helped both story and gameplay wise IMO.

Yeah, I think grenades are perfect. Better than the mini nukes from Reach.

Agreed, but throwing them feels a little off.

asked this before, but how many assassinations do you need to get the helmet

i know you need to master it, but how many is it

I'm not sure to be honest. This is the ALT version of the armour that I got for pre-ordering it from Mighty Ape (New Zealand). I also got an ALT version of the Gungnir armour.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What armor abilities are you guys using mostly? I'm guessing its Promethean Vision?

I use auto sentry. A lot of people seem to back away from them or attack them, even though they dont really do that much damage.

Personally I am not a fan of the current looking spartan armours, they changed the boots to be like, a few blocks of metal here and there compared to the halo 1 gear which we have not really ever seen again.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TQ00N.png

My spartan currently. He's a space samurai! :D

Just finished it. Solid game pretty much all the way through. Didn't count the hours but it felt properly long, which I haven't felt about a Halo game since CE.

Damned nice game, great job 343i!

scarybore

Personally I am not a fan of the current looking spartan armours, they changed the boots to be like, a few blocks of metal here and there compared to the halo 1 gear which we have not really ever seen again.

I'm with you, don't like the anything about the Spartan IVs infact, give me a bunch of humorous marines over them any day. Can't say I like the Covenant's summer gear look either but at least that can be explained away as a sect grabbing whatever they can put to use.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Seriously had people use the Complex exploit in Infinity Slayer, this game really does come off like a beta at times.

KAOS

What's the point of having these cool looking armors if you can't really enjoy watching them in the game. I know it's heresy to say this but... Halo 4 and the new trilogy should at least give you the option to play in 3rd person perspective. Heck I'll take that option in Spartan Ops!

Top Bottom