• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

JackHerer

Weapon drops only happen on a kill streak correct? Like if you got 3 kills and died, you'd have to restart your way to a weapon drop on your next spawn?

They aren't exactly kill streaks. You get points towards an Ordnance drop by doing things various things that earn you medals like assists, headshots, kills, etc. These points fill up the meter for the drop and they carry over when you do respawn. Dying does not reset the meter.

There are also still weapon drops on the map. But now they happen at random locations within a window of time instead of at the same exact place and time like past Halo games.

The video on twitch is fucking terrible. I got to 13 minutes and it froze. I restarted it but it won't let me skip ahead. If I just let it play, it freezes at like 5 minutes. Put that shit on youtube.

blamite

Who's go the best pre-order bonus?
Best Buy. Venator skin + Deadeye helmet, yo!
Jesus Christ.

At 1:25:13-14 in the stream, the player launches a hologram, it goes onto a dead body, and it starts teabagging.

THE HOLOGRAM STARTS TEABAGGING.

This is amazing. The best part is it's not only hilarious, but it makes other players more likely to shoot at it since it seems more like something a real player would do.

Hologram is the AA of choice, confirmed.

Easily the most disappointing array of pre-order bonuses I've seen in a while. I'm assuming it's because they know people will buy it regardless so there is no need to throw customers a bone, but from what I've seen they're all pathetic.
Good, I'm sick of retailer-exclusive bonuses and I hope they can eventually die off (but I know it will never happen). The bonus for preordering a game should be getting it a little bit cheaper and, in the case of a limited edition, ensuring that I actually get it.

to echo other statements, how in the world would you enforce this fairly?

Homeboyd

The video on twitch is fucking terrible. I got to 13 minutes and it froze. I restarted it but it won't let me skip ahead. If I just let it play, it freezes at like 5 minutes. Put that shit on youtube.
Seriously. I can't even get it to start. Just says " 343i Preparing to Drop"... timer is running. Nothing happens.

:'/

Conor 419

Banned
i think you're bringing yourself to self-parody at this point as much as i would like to wave a wand and have the option in halo 4 myself.

Well...yeah...

I don't know if you've noticed my fucking avatar mate, but self parody has been a running theme on my time here.

The community only regulates their little enclaves. 13 year olds running servers in a server browser aren't going to kick other 13 year old racists out of their games.

Which is a GOOD thing, because all of the 13 year olds can fuck off and play by themselves, and all of the 40 year olds like TheOddOne can play somewhere else. Everyone's happy.

And hopefully that's the last time I'll see a Conor 419 post.

and what? Get out.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to start playing with the female Spartan model, Sting operation.
Haha. I still haven't seen good photos or footage of the lady Spartans. I used a female Spartan in Reach, but the male Spartan models in Halo 4 look way more slender and less hunched over, so I'll probably go with them.

Karl2177

Well...yeah...

I don't know if you've noticed my fucking avatar mate, but self parody has been a running theme on my time here.

Which is a GOOD thing, because all of the 13 year olds can fuck off and play by themselves, and all of the 40 year olds like TheOddOne can play somewhere else. Everyone's happy.
I hope you find yourself at home with your racist 13 year old friends. :)

Anybody else having issues with the redeem code site for the MT Dew Double XP site?

I get an account error when I try to sign into Xbox Live

Pavaloo

The huge difference is, when someone else has a power weapon in previous Halos, you could predict that, because you know where and when they spawn!

Spawning with a rocket launcher for example and getting a kill when the other person doesn't know you have spawned with one is NOT outsmarting your opponent, is it?

But there are numerous ways to know if someone has a power weapon in Halo. You can pay attention to weapon spawn locations and times, and predict if an enemy player grabs them. Your team mates can tell you if they got sniped, and where the sniper is. You can listen out for rockets or sniper fire, and approach with caution. You can see power weapons holstered on an opponent's back.

With armor abilities as loadouts, only some of those indicators are present.

Again, I think AAs will be a blast to use, but I also recognize that they're counter to the core of Halo. They're something I'd like to play around with in silly, random playlists like Multi Team -- not in the main, headlining Slayer playlist.

Edit : And hologram victory crouching is amazing. Well done, 343. <3

Well, first, I never said that anyone was being outsmarted, but I do think someone can use an aa "well."

Second, you can't spawn with a rocket launcher in halo 4 right? Not unless you've gotten "X" amount of kills? Even then it's at a limited ammo capacity right? Can't go picking up more rockets? (So I can definitely see this becoming an issue, but it's dependent on how quickly that ordinance meter fills up)

Third, sure there are ways to know if someone has a power weapon in Halo, but it equates to map memorization and I can see how players think that map memorization is key, I don't feel that way however. This guy spawns next to a sniper, camps and hides in a tiny crevice the entire match killing everyone, it completely breaks the experience for me. Another instance is I'd be voted into a map that I am completely foreign to and even though I would consider myself a good Halo player with a strong skillset, it wouldn't matter because suddenly I walked into one guy's sniper range or another's rocket area. Then I spend my time looking for weapons to counter my foes, but to my own misfortune, they have all been picked up and I have no idea where any of them have spawned. I may pass that spawn point numerous times never once considering the weapon would show up there because that space is now empty.

I could literally look at a player's back which is nice to be able to tell what weapon, but in a high speed situation there's no way I'm going to see that a player has an energy sword clipped to the side of his leg. Also, in a perfect world my teammates would be so useful as to tell me where they are getting sniped from, where weapons spawn, and help coordinate counter attacks, but I have honestly never had this experience with Halo unless I am playing with a group of my own friends.
They aren't exactly kill streaks. You get points towards an Ordnance drop by doing things various things that earn you medals like assists, headshots, kills, etc. These points fill up the meter for the drop and they carry over when you do respawn. Dying does not reset the meter.

There are also still weapon drops on the map. But now they happen at random locations within a window of time instead of at the same exact place and time like past Halo games.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Squire

Banned
Anybody else having issues with the redeem code site for the MT Dew Double XP site? I get an account error when I try to sign into Xbox Live and when I try to place points to prize entries it asks me to update my info which is all correct but doesn't work.

I've used it twice; never had a problem.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

What the fuck am I reading

Conor 419

Banned
POSITIVITY TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSSrGfiqHo

Complex seems like it's gone relatively unnoticed as a multiplayer map, but I think it looks quite good. I quite like the verticality, there's a lot of fighting on multiple levels and travelling between them looks like a lot of fun. Also the map's still quite open, with a good balance between outdoor and indoor combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn89_AXCRUY#t=1m10s

Someone should gif that small encounter, as everything about it is absolutely glorious.

I really like the armour in this game as well, it's very clean and even the most simply coloured sets are mad expressive, check it

WG_1.jpg

----------

Why is Conor419 making fun of Oddone? Boy's a sweetie.

I'm the Jessie to his Walt.

Cetra

After looking at the armor sets, I'm kinda bummed out. No straight up ODST set. Guess I'll rock the recruit helmet, it looks closest to ODST to me.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
After looking at the armor sets, I'm kinda bummed out. No straight up ODST set. Guess I'll rock the recruit helmet, it looks closest to ODST to me.

Yeah, That's the only one that's even remotely close.

I'm super bummed there's nothing even close to CQB. Been rocking that since halo 3 :\

The only thing you install is disc 2.

Nah, I'll install disc one and get faster loading times and not use the disc tray all the time.

Does the archived stream freeze at 13:28 for anyone else? Tried it in multiple browsers and it happens at the same spot every time and I can't go anywhere past that in the video.

Can someone upload to youtube?

Top Bottom