• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

You got that wrong but anyways...

I would just like the ability to drop the flag at least, I never said anything about juggling the flag.

I would have nothing wrong with this if the old way wasn't completely gone. I don't like this "lets add an option and remove a mode" thing 343 have gotten in the habit of doing.

They could have just made the flag have no weight and drop like a brick. That would have solved all the flag tossing.

Sanjuro

You got that wrong but anyways...

I would just like the ability to drop the flag at least, I never said anything about juggling the flag.

Even without flag juggling...

They give you a weapon. It's your teammates job to help you continue from there. If that isn't something you're interested in, your in the wrong game type. It also removes the ability to flag toss into possibly glitched areas.

Good counter argument

Legendary counter argument.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4 has become the negative thread. So depressing.
I mean, c'mon. If there's anything in Halo 4 that is open for critique, it's the new CTF. I don't see anyone here being negative just for kicks.

RetroMG

Lé Blade Runner;43829683 said:
Way to see the silver-lining, eh? Hope you don't stay jobless for long, though!

Thanks. Actually, I had set up a job interview for Friday the other day, so I'm hopeful.

Overdoziz

Banned
Nice things like - FLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPED
FLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPEDFLAGCAPTUREDFLAGDROPPED

I'll live.
Nice things like adding an interesting dynamic to flag running. Will I hold onto the flag and be slow but sneaky, or will I juggle the flag which allows me to move faster but which is harder and also exposes me to everyone on the map? The announcer may have been a bit annoying in Halo 3 but they fixed that in Reach anyway so that excuse makes no sense. Besides, the announcer in Halo 4 yells at you 90% of the time anyway. Flag juggling creates an interesting dynamic to flag games which is now completely gone in Halo 4. In Halo 4 when you have the flag all you can do is run towards the cap points as fast as possible and hope that your teammates will actually help you. The gametype seems so shallow.

Sanjuro

I mean, c'mon. If there's anything in Halo 4 that is open for critique, it's the new CTF. I don't see anyone here being negative just for kicks.

I don't think they do it for kicks. I think some people in here are just clinically depressed when it comes to video games.

The Doritos/MTN Dew crowd are prime examples.

Sanjuro

Nice things like adding an interesting dynamic to flag running. Will I hold onto the flag and be slow but sneaky, or will I juggle the flag which allows me to move faster but which is harder and also exposes me to everyone on the map. The announcer may have been a bit annoying in Halo 3 but they fixed that in Reach anyway so that excuse makes no sense. Besides, the announcer in Halo 4 yells at you 90% of the time anyway. Flag juggling creates an interesting dynamic to flag games which is now completely gone in Halo 4. In Halo 4 when you have the flag all you can do is run towards the cap points as fast as possible and hope that your teammates will actually help you. The gametype seems so shallow.

I love playing CTF, it'll give me more incentive to find better teammates. Biggest pet-peeve is not having great playlists for the anniversary maps. Would have loved to get in more CTF games (oddball). Instead, the ADD audience votes slayer every time.

I love playing CTF, it'll give me more incentive to find better teammates. Biggest pet-peeve is not having great playlists for the anniversary maps. Would have loved to get in more CTF games (oddball). Instead, the ADD audience votes slayer every time.

This is exactly why i barely touch Reach anymore. Bunch of dumb idiots always playing the same shit on the same 2 maps.

And now they removed BTB from Anniversary so say goodnight to matches on Headlong.

Nice things like adding an interesting dynamic to flag running. Will I hold onto the flag and be slow but sneaky, or will I juggle the flag which allows me to move faster but which is harder and also exposes me to everyone on the map. The announcer may have been a bit annoying in Halo 3 but they fixed that in Reach anyway so that excuse makes no sense. Besides, the announcer in Halo 4 yells at you 90% of the time anyway. Flag juggling creates an interesting dynamic to flag games which is now completely gone in Halo 4. In Halo 4 when you have the flag all you can do is run towards the cap points as fast as possible and hope that your teammates will actually help you. The gametype seems so shallow.

Has anyone actually put any thought into new tactics based around the new CTF setup. There could be many bait plays due to the waypoint.

rakka

They give you a weapon. It's your teammates job to help you continue from there. If that isn't something you're interested in, your in the wrong game type.

but you don't always have teammates that want to cooperate. that actually happens more often then not. i should be able to grab the flag, try to sneak a capture in and on the way if i come across the enemy i should be able to drop the flag, kill him, then continue on my way with the flag. forcing me to carry it encourages teamwork yes, but you're dreaming if you think that matchmaking is going to always give you team mates that do anything.

Ace 8095

I have an enormous test 3 days after this game releases. Not sure if I should wait till after to play it...
I have an actuary exam I've been studying 3 months for on Tuesday. Having Halo 4 waiting for me when I get home will be the sweetest reward possible.

kylej

Banned
working all day missed all of it. skipping through a saved broadcast of it now. Don't have much to say. It's certainly a video game. Not really sure if it's Halo though.

Overdoziz

Banned
The thing is that for me personally flag juggling makes or breaks the gametype. Without flag juggling I'd rather sit back and get a load of kills. With flag juggling on it actually makes it enjoyable for me to run a flag. Making a perfect flag juggle run can be extremely satisfying which motivates me to actually go for the objective. I don't expect to go for the flag in Halo 4 much, I'd rather not be limited to a Pistol with a bunch of bloom, no armor ability and no sprint, especially not if I have a power weapon.
Has anyone actually put any thought into new tactics based around the new CTF setup. There could be many bait plays due to the waypoint.
You can do the same by dropping the flag in the old CTF gametype.

Sanjuro

but you don't always have teammates that want to cooperate. that actually happens more often then not. i should be able to grab the flag, try to sneak a capture in and on the way if i come across the enemy i should be able to drop the flag, kill him, then continue on my way with the flag. forcing me to carry it encourages teamwork yes, but you're dreaming if you think that matchmaking is going to always give you team mates that do anything.

I'm not dreaming. Even if the teammates aren't fantastic, once the game-type is played more frequently people are going to adapt slightly to the changes.

Pop

Even without flag juggling...

They give you a weapon. It's your teammates job to help you continue from there. If that isn't something you're interested in, your in the wrong game type. It also removes the ability to flag toss into possibly glitched areas.

Oops teammates I had rockets when the mechanics of the game decided to auto pick up the flag for me. I know I'll just drop the flag and protect myself with rockets, oh wait I can't now I'm completely useless besides for this blooming pistol. Not to mention I have a huge arrow waypoint over my head showing the enemy exactly where I am.

Keep soaking up whatever 343i gives you. Your posts are truly why we can't have nice things. I could just imagine what the force colonels/staff captains said when they got invited to 343i playtesting sessions.

Izayoi

Banned
Actually, he isn't.

Halo 4 has become the negative thread. So depressing.
Have you actually watched any videos? The announcer is constantly talking.

Are we not allowed to level valid complaints at the game? Nothing is perfect, there's always room for discussion and improvement.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't consider big team slayer on hemorrhage one of the best or particularly interesting games in Reach and yet, its voted for 90% of the time.

Oh yeah I agree, can't get it in my head who votes for this piece of shit map with Slayer on it.

I was really surpised that I played today 2 games of assault, didn't thought someone vote for it, especially with Heavies as option

who votes for Heavies on Cragmire, seriously.

Top Bottom