• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Hiding this, is probably one of the dumbest design choices of the game. So you know this video game that's hard to follow without being heavily invested in it's lore? Let's make it more confusing by hiding important video's away, so it makes even less sense. Genius!

Yeah, i agree. Such a moronic decision to not include them on the disc. It just make no sense.

I'm bummed that none of my Halo Anniversary terminals show as being unlocked on the 'Classified' part of Waypoint. I have the achievement for unlocking them all, and don't really want to go back and do it all again.

ultron87

Hiding this, is probably one of the dumbest design choices of the game. So you know this video game that's hard to follow without being heavily invested in it's lore? Let's make it more confusing by hiding important video's away, so it makes even less sense. Genius!

Even better, if you don't find them in order you only unlock random portions of the story instead of just getting them in sequence.

xCobalt

fullbody

Here's my spartan. I really like the Oceanic chest piece...probably one of the best looking ones imo.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm bummed that none of my Halo Anniversary terminals show as being unlocked on the 'Classified' part of Waypoint. I have the achievement for unlocking them all, and don't really want to go back and do it all again.

Insert Anniversary, play one terminal from its menu, check if it unlocked them?
If not, then start the first mission and check the terminal from the bridge, and then check if they're visible in Waypoint. These shouldn't take too much work.
If not, it is a Waypoint problem, doubt you can do anything about it.

zlatko

Banned

You need to now go to classified and enter the code associated with each one. Find them online. They only unlock CR for Halo Reach anyway.

Insert Anniversary, play one terminal from its menu, check if it unlocked them?
If not, then start the first mission and check the terminal from the bridge, and then check if they're visible in Waypoint. These shouldn't take too much work.
If not, it is a Waypoint problem, doubt you can do anything about it.

You need to now go to classified and enter the code associated with each one. Find them online. They only unlock CR for Halo Reach anyway.

Cool. Will try these. Thanks!

Did you ever enter the codes to unlock them on Waypoint? Unlike the H4 terminals you need to manually unlock them by entering the codes you see at the end in the Classified section. Here's a video with the codes you need, they'll work as long as you've found them in-game already. You also get a bunch of cR in Reach for unlocking them (not like that matters anymore, though).

Thanks for the codes, though it says I have not met the qualification to unlock, and I have to find terminal 1 first. I guess I'll try Woorloog's way to see if that will unlock them.

blamite

Did you ever enter the codes to unlock them on Waypoint? Unlike the H4 terminals you need to manually unlock them by entering the codes you see at the end in the Classified section. Here's a video with the codes you need, they'll work as long as you've found them in-game already. You also get a bunch of cR in Reach for unlocking them (not like that matters anymore, though).

Woorloog

Banned

Oh, that was what unlocked them for Waypoint? I thought merely seeing them in-game was enough.
If that's the case, ignore what i said.

Well on Normal difficulty that would be sub 6 hours.

The other Halo games were 8+ hours on normal on the first run through solo.

Not for me. Under 8h always, except maybe CE because i wasn't that good gamer back then.

FStop7

Banned
Started experiencing more and more slowdown on big team slayer. The first couple of days were fine and then suddenly it started happening.

I started off liking Halo 4's multi but that's really fallen off. I hate to say "needs more COD" but there are certain things that COD does that I wish Halo 4 did.

Headlong was definitely one of the best maps.

Again, I can't/don't want to do research on this but I have a question (that I will try to answer here).

How many 4v4/medium type maps were released with each game? Here is what I count from what I remember.

Halo: 10 (Chill Out, Damnation, Hang Em High, Chiron, Rat Race, Longest, Prisoner, Wizard, Battle Creek, Deralict)
Halo 2: 7 (definitely more than this: Midship, Lockout, Ascension, Collusus, Zanzibar, Beaver Creek, Boneyard)
Halo 3: 9 (The Pit, High Ground, Snowbound, Epitaph, Lockout successor (green one), Valhalla, Construct, Narrows, Zanzibar)
Reach: 8 (Sword Base, Fake Midship level, Powerhouse, Cage, Sanctuary, Ascension II, Boardwalk, The 3-tiered level based in the ship warehouse)
Halo 4: 5 (Adrift, Abandon, Haven, Solace, Complex)

I only ask because Halo 4 seems to lack the same amount. And with the way the voting system works, it really feels like only 2 maps were released with the game. They really need to add some Forge maps.

Edit:

Two more to Halo 2: Foundation and Ivory Tower (D'Oh, thats my favorite map from 2 and Reach). Boneyard is also Burial Grounds instead.
Halo 3 has 10 with Isolation (which I forgot again)
Reach has 9 then with Ivory Tower.

Edit 2:

Reach has 10 with a forge map I can't think of.

Yet with all that, Halo 4 still doesn't have more big team maps than any of the older games!

MrDaravon

Do you have to download Spattan Ops Episode 2? Seems it's all here, but I didn't DL anything...

No, it's on the disc. I'm assuming the first 5 episodes are on the disc, since in the initial 1000 points available for the game there's an achievements relating to the first 5, but I don't think we know that for sure.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Damn I should've preordered at best buy that looks awesome.
Everyone can unlock that armor eventually — only the skin was exclusive, which is the case for all of the pre-order bonuses.

Tunavi

Banned
I just played 3 games in a row on the level of reach.

Fuck ordinances edit and fuck the DMR edit and fuck the laser edit and fuck instant respawns

sticking to slayer pro from now on

Pooya

played ch1 of Spartan Ops Ep2, more of the same? yup. I hope they consider doing some exciting thing with these, like some good set piece battles like two scarabs etc, right now it's more of a grind to kill everyone with infinite respawns. yawn

awesome cinematic, Is there any where I can download these videos to PC?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is there any point to using anything other than Dexterity and Mobility? I wish the options for Tac/Sup were better. :|
I like Firepower (two primaries) more than Mobility, as it prevents me from needing a separate class for an AR. I find that that you have enough sprint by default to not really need Mobility — although it's good for certain playlists. I sort of like the fact that none of the "perks" really feel like must-haves. Dexterity is definitely a top-tier one, though, especially for us compulsive reloaders.

Why do people post their hideous Spartans?

Seriously people, they are all hideous.

Agreed.

So yeah, the new weapons are kinda shit.

Battle Rifle uber alles.

Boltshot is great. Rail gun is fun. Sticky Detonator is joy.

Other than the proper waypoint stats page, your overview page also lists them

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/YOUR GAMERTAG/halo4

Is there a full medals gallery so I can see all the medals that are even possible?

Woorloog

Banned
So yeah, the new weapons are kinda shit.

Battle Rifle uber alles.

The DMR is overall the best weapon. The Lightrifle, once you get the hang of it, has incredible versatility, good for bigger maps (in those, it maybe even better than the DMR at range due to zoomed 4 shot kill). Slow ROF requires you to get the first shot though if unzoomed.
The Carbine is pointless crap. The BR is okay in short range but the DMR is just as good there, with the added bonus of being better at longer range.

The Suppressor is a beast up-close. Requires knowing maps and knowing where to use it though. The same with the Storm Rifle (incredibly powerful but again, requires close range) and the AR.
Ultimately automatics are not very good primary weapons though, they're ok with Firepower perk as secondaries.

The Boltshot is a shotgun if charged, ideal secondary for smaller maps, the Plasma Pistol is the Plasma Pistol, EMP for vehicle maps is a must.

So, the new weapons definetly ain't shit but they're tricky.

EDIT this is assumin you're speaking of loadout weapons.

Havok

So in theater it only saves your last mp game?
In the Theater menu, you have to select Temporary History or whatever by clicking the stick in when you're trying to select a film. It works just like before, saving a bunch of them, but you have to dig into the menu to do it for some reason.

Their UI needs a bit of work.

Top Bottom