• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

QP3

Question about the dew xp: Is there a counter or at something to let you know you are receiving the xp

You need to "activate" them online. This is done after you have redeemed them. THen, after match when it sums up your points, there will be one last thing that says "Double XP" or something to that effect.

TheOddOne

In the Theater menu, you have to select Temporary History or whatever by clicking the stick in when you're trying to select a film. It works just like before, saving a bunch of them, but you have to dig into the menu to do it for some reason.

Their UI needs a bit of work.
That is an understatement, it needs a huge overhaul.

Anyone else getting the message "The Halo 4 servers are not available. Please try again later. Matchmaking has switched to using the default playlist." I can still play, but the player count is incredibly low and I can't access Spartan Ops.

blamite

Considering how much they have to cram into the top layers of the menus, it could've gone worse. They should've just found some way to list temp games somewhere right in the theater section though

They should have had temporary history be the first thing you see when you hit "select film" in Theater, just like it has been in every game since Halo 3.

Here's my Spartan at the moment. I don't think they look amazing, and most of the armor pieces aren't as distinct or memorable as some of Halo 3's, or even Reach's, but I don't think they're offensively bad or anything.
IlYgX.png

Why do people post their hideous Spartans?

Seriously people, they are all hideous.

This. As I've said, the spartan art design could be from some cheap Halo knockoff by Gameloft. So goddamn ugly.
What the fuck were they thinking? Same goes for the covenant.
At least the prometheans and the rest of the unsc stuff apart from the spartans looks good.

Woorloog

Banned
I wish there were more choices for loadout weapons.

Indeed. Specifically more different weapons. Power weapons are out of question so we can't get stuff like railguns or shotguns...
Not that you could add many weapons to what we already have. Burst, automatics, slow single shot, fast single shot, what else we could have without it being a power weapon?

Just saw the sales record news. Congrats. Best Halo ever.

I imagine it's pretty easy to post big revenue stats when you're pushing a $60 game, a $100 variant, and a $350 console bundle. Hell, they're probably rolling the $60 controller and $25 map pack sales into that "entertainment launch" umbrella too. But I guess you do what you have to do to stay competitive when a multiplatform juggernaut launches a week after your exclusive game.

Man the halo waypoint stat tracking is horrible compared to the system bungie had. Looking and comparing both websites, waypoint doesn't even have a way to view community maps and game variants whereas on bungie, it is 10x as fast and can download maps straight from the website

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The issue is it's largely a weapon of patience. You need to convince enemies to charge you, otherwise you just get DMR'd and cry.

Of course. The weapon's effectiveness up close is damn good. I do pretty well with it and i play like a total idiot half the time. I try to bait and switch with it.

rakka

ugh. the arena like layout of haven really isn't suited to swat.

swat on adrift is amazing though.

there really aren't any indoor maps yet are there. feel like that's something that's missing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
So yeah, the new weapons are kinda shit.

Battle Rifle uber alles.
Wtf the saw is godly. Scattershot rocks as well. Don't like the light rifle it feels like a crap Dmr and the br just seems also like a crap dmr

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Wtf the saw is godly. Scattershot rocks as well. Don't like the light rifle it feels like a crap Dmr and the br just seems also like a crap dmr

What is that plasma rifle thing that you can unlock early on? That thing is a piece of shit what a waste of halo bux

Pooya

What is that plasma rifle thing that you can unlock early on? That thing is a piece of shit what a waste of halo bux

Storm Rifle? Storm is good, better than AR to me. I don't like it's sound though, it's like I'm firing a silenced M4 in CoD and not a plasma rifle.

Top Bottom