• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

abadguy

Banned
Just played against an entire team crouching with camo on abandon.
Why is that even an ability? So dumb.

Somthing similar happened last night when i played slayer on that map and Solace. On abandon there was me and two friends in my party and a random on our team. While playing we did not see this guy for almost the entire match( i had assumed he quit and it was just the three of us), toward the end i am in a firefight with a guy from the other team when he is assassinated by the random who then uncloaks.He had like 16 kills. The match on Solace had the whole enemy team croutch cloaking the whole game. To be honest i don't understand how people using that tactic don't find it boring as hell staying in one place the entire match waiting for someone to happen by.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Stop picking ragnarokkkkkk.
LLShC.gif

im only playing team slayer now since everyone fucking LOOOVES RAGNAROK! :(

Waaghals

I think this is more of a problem with how we consume games pre-release these days than a problem with the game itself. I was completely in the dark on Halo 4 until release day and everything that didn't appear in a previous Halo game or in the E3 demo was a surprise to me.

Well, then E3 demo contained all the primary new enemy types, there are only 3.
There are different variants, but they are all visually similar - which can be a gameplay issue.

The loadout system is great because for every annoying exploit...
(grenade spamming and cloak camping)
There is an answer to it...
(hardlight shield and promethian vision)
for example.

Zeal

Banned
Spartan Ops is an amazing breakthrough for co-op and an extended campaign. The CG cutscenes are also incredible. I only have one complaint...

Please, for the love of god, take the time to create new stages and stop reusing all the campaign levels. It makes everything feel cheap and tacked on like filler.

I'm getting the same feeling. Did you post any impressions for reference?

Yup, I did. I still don't like how the music sounds or is implemented, but I've grown fond of the cutscenes themselves.

Still think the ending was
fucking underwhelming
, though.
But I can rationalize it a bit better, with Cortana using Hard Light and the Chief only setting the bomb to detonate instead of actually blowing it up in his hands. I'm still not sure the latter is true, but fuck, 343 can't be that fucking stupid, can they?

I've grown more adept at killing Prometheans and, in turn, enjoy fighting them a lot more. I still think the Binary Rifle is cheap, but oh well. At least Jackal Snipers can't kill you in one hit on Legendary anymore.

There's also a lot more weapons found around the game than I at first suspected. Most of them are either hidden or just badly visible, like a rack of BR's against a grey wall. I never noticed the damn things. :lol

Which is really strange isn't it? Took my time with "Dawn" and really feels like a perfect beginning.

Yeah. It's still not my favorite Halo campign (Halo 1 and 3 will be forever tied in an epic stalemate about that one), but I enjoy it a lot more.

Satchel

Banned
Yeah kills in oddball and koth should not go towards KD ratio.

Too many pricks just play slayer in there and fuck up my KD ratio.

Won't play those modes anymore as a result.

First ep from chapter 2 is straight from Campaign.
And then re-used again in this week's episode. Its not the end of the world, but I thought all the talk before release was how almost all of Spartan Ops would be in distinct locations, separate from the campaign.

Happened to me in Spartan Ops yesterday.
Have yet to be instakilled by jackals with their beam rifles. I have had my shields stripped though. Its those damn binary rifle crawlers and knights you have to watch out for. Maybe you were hit by multiple snipers?

Its too bad too, because I thought Bungie solved the AI sniping problem in Reach by having the enemy use the focus rifle for sniping. You could at least quickly react to getting hit by that weapon instead of getting instantly disintegrated.

S1kkZ

could it be that 343 ran out of time?

the way the soundtrack is (not) used/poorly mixed, how they handle the antagonist and the terminal videos had to be pushed to waypoint since they didnt make it in time to be on the disc.

after all the big talk about the antagonist, i cannot believe 343 fucked this up on purpose. it feels like there is at least on big cutscene missing in campaign. and they had to change the terminal videos to make up for all the missing story content in the game.

i really hope frankie or david will talk about this.

Happened to me in Spartan Ops yesterday.

Sure you weren't weakened beforehand? They take down your shields entirely when they hit you, so if your shields were already down, maybe the damage bled through.

I don't even know if there's bleedthrough in the game, though. So far, when I got tagged by a Sniper jackal with a Beam Rifle on legendary, my shields just popped.

link1201

For those complaining about weak MP grenades, use the explosives perk.

Makes them Reach mini nukes again. Better that its a toggle now.

The grenades in SP are pissweak though.

Has anyone done any research on this?

I have heard some anecdotal opinions but nothing concrete. I would love to know the percentage of increase for both damage and radius blast.

Tried that flood mode last night, that shit is fun as hell!! Super intense too when the clock is counting down and your the last one trying to survive!

RedAssedApe

Banned
i'm not sure about grenades in MP and i don't really care, but in SP they're fucking useless.
they don't do that much damage and the effective radius is laughable. which make no sense in my opinion.

:)

Grenades got nerfed a bit in both damage and splash damage radius it seems. Even with the explosives support upgrade they aren't as good as they were in the past.

Raiden

Banned
Legendary is killing me here. I dont remember having much problems with Reach but this one oh boy!

Im actually scared of grunts now. Dont think i'll be finishing this one on my own.

Legendary is killing me here. I dont remember having much problems with Reach but this one oh boy!

Im actually scared of grunts now. Dont think i'll be finishing this one on my own.
As you should :) Its when you stop fearing them that one of the little buggers plasma sticks you or disintegrates you with a fuel rod cannon.

Raiden

Banned
As you should :) Its when you stop fearing them that one of the little buggers plasma sticks you or disintegrates you with a fuel rod cannon.

I especially love when one of those little fuckers likes to go kamikaze on my ass while waving with two lit stickies. I used to laugh at that, now im terrified and i just run like they do. Sorry Chief :(

see5harp

Has anyone played with the alt dialog skull? The grunts used to say some of the funniest shit so I'm sorta sad that they don't speak english anymore.

I especially love when one of those little fuckers likes to go kamikaze on my ass while waving with two lit stickies. I used to laugh at that, now im terrified and i just run like they do. Sorry Chief :(
We call them "oh shitters" in my group. Because that's always what one of us says just before the end, so whenever we hear those words everybody checks their six.

Funny thing is, just about every game has their own equivalent of "oh shitters", so its become a staple of our co-op lexicon.

That and "going Army of Two", which just means one player getting aggro while the other flanks or encircles.

Is there any penalty for quitting? If not, why the fuck not, and if so, it's not severe enough. Joining in-progress games is better than nothing but it's not enough.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So that thing where the Prometheans tackle you and the skull shows, does that ever actually happen? Played through ones on legendary and that never happened..

Figured it wold be somewhat common given it was in the E3 vid and the live action commercial.

def sim

So that thing where the Prometheans tackle you and the skull shows, does that ever actually happen? Played through ones on legendary and that never happened..

Figured it wold be somewhat common given it was in the E3 vid and the live action commercial.

That happens early on in a scripted event, doesn't it? During the introduction of the Knights.

Top Bottom