• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Satchel

Banned
Surely this HAS to be a first.

Last night I was killed, cool, no problem.

Check the Killcam, the motherfucker didn't even fire his gun!!! Man those cams a broken or the netcode is a complete write off.

Either way, I think maybe a few need to swallow some pride and admit a beta was needed.

Great stuff, its already Ragnarok being chosen every fucking time the map appears.....the games been out a week and we already have people choosing 2 maps all the time. Fun.

Thank you for giving people the opportunity to vote for maps 343, it just worked so well in Reach. Im glad you kept it in.....

2San

So that thing where the Prometheans tackle you and the skull shows, does that ever actually happen? Played through ones on legendary and that never happened..

Figured it wold be somewhat common given it was in the E3 vid and the live action commercial.
Played Legendary co-op, didn't see it happen. I was waiting for it too. :(

Woorloog

Banned
Great stuff, its already Ragnarok being chosen every fucking time the map appears.....the games been out a week and we already have people choosing 2 maps all the time. Fun.

Thank you for giving people the opportunity to vote for maps 343, it just worked so well in Reach. Im glad you kept it in.....

Fuck the whole concept of Veto.

Just make playlists to have certain map/mode combos (One-Bomb on Last Resort, Team Slayer on, well, whatever suits it well, etc) and do not allow people to vote or veto anything.
Make everything so good people play it gladly.

EDIT mixed playlists is ok, but ultimately Halo 4 system is great, this way people don't have to play what they don't want to. But still, for gods sake, remove asymmterical maps from CTF!

soldat7

Fuck the whole concept of Veto.

Just make playlists to have certain map/mode combos (One-Bomb on Last Resort, Team Slayer on, well, whatever suits it well, etc) and do not allow people to vote or veto anything.
Make everything so good people play it gladly.

Like Halo 2!

Like Halo 2!

Just put a map rotation, no fucking voting!! Its so simple Christ. People can quit out if they don't like the map and be replaced by someone else. But at least this way, you get some fucking variety. Fucking Christ, who the hell wants to play Ragnarok all the fucking time?? Like seriously.

If they keep it like this, then they're really making me wanna play BO2 more and more. Fuck, this has been a problem since Halo3, dont they fucking play these games??

Woorloog

Banned
Just put a map rotation, no fucking voting!! Its so simple Christ. People can quit out if they don't like the map and be replaced by someone else. But at least this way, you get some fucking variety. Fucking Christ, who the hell wants to play Ragnarok all the fucking time?? Like seriously.

It is a good map but i'd like to play on Meltdown and Exile as well.
Vortex, not so much, that middle building needs to be blocked, no one uses vehicles and all fighting happens in the middle...
In Meltdown, Exile and Ragnarok fighting happens all over, though each has certain areas that have more combat. In Vortex, middle, middle, middle, middle, nothing else.

Izayoi

Banned
Have yet to be instakilled by jackals with their beam rifles. I have had my shields stripped though. Its those damn binary rifle crawlers and knights you have to watch out for. Maybe you were hit by multiple snipers?
I am frequently one-shot by Jackal Snipers on Legendary, it's especially offensive in SPOPs. Between that and the Binary Crawlers/Knights I have to wonder if there's anyone at 343 who actually played Halo 2.

Woorloog

Banned
I am frequently one-shot by Jackal Snipers on Legendary, it's especially offensive in SPOPs. Between that and the Binary Crawlers/Knights I have to wonder if there's anyone at 343 who actually played Halo 2.

Jackals can only instagib you on Legendary if your shields are damaged.
Beam rifle kills your shield only if they're full.

The Jackal Snipers work just fine, they miss their first shot always anyway, just like in Halo 3.
In Halo 2 they hit you always unless you knew to avoid the shot. And killed you.

It is a good map but i'd like to play on Meltdown and Exile as well.
Vortex, not so much, that middle building needs to be blocked, no one uses vehicles and all fighting happens in the middle...
In Meltdown, Exile and Ragnarok fighting happens all over, though each has certain areas that have more combat. In Vortex, middle, middle, middle, middle, nothing else.

Honestly, i stopped playing Reach cause everyone chose the same shit all the time (like Hemorrhage in Big team) and if this continues in this path, im putting this game back in its box permanently, and im a huge Halo fan but Jesus i have my fucking limits. Im fucking fed up of having the same problems the previous 2 games had with no one ever addressing it. Same map all the time sucks. Sucked then, still sucks now. Fix your fucking shit.

Woorloog

Banned
Honestly, i stopped playing Reach cause everyone chose the same shit all the time (like Hemorrhage in Big team) and if this continues in this path, im putting this game back in its box permanently, and im a huge Halo fan but Jesus i have my fucking limits. Im fucking fed up of having the same problems the previous 2 games had with no one ever addressing it. Same map all the time sucks.

I didn't mind Hemorrhage in Reach.. as long as the mode wasn't one-sided or Heavies. At least i got to drive a 'Hog with my friend, the other maps were so bad they weren't worth playing in BTB.
But yes, it is boring.
Democracy is not for stupid people, and majority of online players are stupid...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Theres a winning cam? Didnt see that once.

I thought I saw a winning cam my first night as well but it may have just been me watching my own kill cam out of coincidence. Definitely haven't seen it since, though I think it would be a nice addition.

I didn't mind Hemorrhage in Reach.. as long as the mode wasn't one-sided or Heavies. At least i got to drive a 'Hog with my friend, the other maps were so bad they weren't worth playing in BTB.
But yes, it is boring.
Democracy is not for stupid people, and majority of online players are stupid...

I want variety. And with dumbass kids who aren't fit to vote for anything making the decisions, its more of the same problems. Take that shit out once and for all.

With a map rotation, the map will appear regularly anyway so whats the problem exactly?? I just dont get who makes these dumb decisions.

Red

Why in the unholy fuck is that credit song not on the OST

Just finished the game. I have no idea what just happened.

Did that bit that Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter record end up making its way into the final game? I was really hoping to stumble across it in my play through, but I didn't find it anywhere.

LowParry

Anyone have a spare 14 day key they aren't using that would be kind enough to give away? A PM would be best since I'm up and down at the desk right now at work.

Did that bit that Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter record end up making its way into the final game? I was really hoping to stumble across it in my play through, but I didn't find it anywhere.

Ya its there but they look like regular soldiers and you have to wait a bit. As soon as you go down the steps from where you start off, you go right and at the corner theres 2 guys, those are them.

Pooya

I don't like the Exile because of the circle shape of the map and all the annoying ghosts circling. also why getting killed by ally controlled vehicles still a thing? urgh

I literally finished a ragnarok game and the next vote comes, immediately 4 votes for raganarok.

It's annoying because the Big Team in this game is so much better than Reach's.

And because some of the other large maps are fantastic (in my correct opinion).

All I can picture on the other end of those votes are:

a) College students who are too baked to notice any change in their external environment short of being set on fire
b) Barely post-pubescent teens who would be unable to tolerate something new unless their Ritalin dosage was tripled

Yeah, I'm bitter.

Ya its there but they look like regular soldiers and you have to wait a bit. As soon as you go down the steps from where you start off, you go right and at the corner theres 2 guys, those are them.

Which level is this? I thought it would be when one when you're in the bay with the Pelican, but I didn't hear it there. Although, maybe I didn't wait long enough.

meppi

I want variety. And with dumbass kids who aren't fit to vote for anything making the decisions, its more of the same problems. Take that shit out once and for all.

With a map rotation, the map will appear regularly anyway so whats the problem exactly?? I just dont get who makes these dumb decisions.

Wouldn't mind that myself actually as it really is starting to get annoying very fast...

Woorloog

Banned
I'm surprised at how populated the BTB playlist is.

It is fun. Or would be, if i got to play something else than Ragnarok and the DMR didn't dominate everythign and the vehicles weren't paper-thin.

Can't really get to drive vehicles on any other list, so i'm quite limited to BTB.
Halo 3 had a nice amount of maps that are small (8-12 people maps) with vehicles as well... No non-BTB map has vehicles in Reach or in Halo 4 (not counting Complex but that map is a mess).

Top Bottom