• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Tawpgun

Absolutely. Although it's a bit different with Halo because in the cases of Halo: CE, 2, and 3, they didn't lock any of these in-game items behind preorders or SKUs. You can make any color Spartan. You can build any emblem. You can wear any armor (that you unlock). So what we have seen is a shift and a HEAVY escalation.

2001 Halo: CE - 0 disc-locked items
2004 Halo 2 - 0 disc-locked items
2007 Halo 3 - 0 disc-locked items
2009 Halo Wars - 2 disc-locked items
2009 Halo 3: ODST - 1 disc-locked item
2010 Halo: Reach - 4 disc-locked items (I had forgotten about the Gamestop chest piece)
2012 Halo 4 - 67 disc-locked items

It's worth complaining about. It deserves contempt, especially when it goes against the legacy and spirit of the franchise.
You're better off blaming the industry as a whole rather than Microsoft or

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Halo 4 The Essential Visual Guide coming this September!

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headl...-4-The-Essential-Visual-Guide-is-coming!.aspx

Created in collaboration with DK Publishing, we are proud to announce Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, a companion to the world of Halo 4.

Featuring detailed, annotated artwork, Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide fleshes out this broad universe with a vast collection of facts from the first installment of Halo’s Reclaimer Saga. Fiction fans will love immersing themselves in the perilous world of Halo 4 with detailed sections about the characters, factions, weapons, vehicles, equipment, armor, ships and locations.

Personally, I really loved the hardcover Halo Encyclopedia. I hope they revise that after the release of Halo 6.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok, after recent postings in the normal Halo OT, there were some posts suggesting to revive this thread, I will try it.

I'm still playing the game, eventhough I mostly hate the design choices for Halo 4.

I'm usually up for any party and every playlist if people still want to play.

I really hope aPk's Sanctuary will come into Matchmaking soon, at the very best it would be even in playlists outside of Throwdown

game stinks

siglemic is streaming

--

I still need to finish forging Archangel. It's basically Hang 'Em High + Turf + Timberlands + Rat's Nest, 8v8 symmetrical map. Hard to explain.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok, after recent postings in the normal Halo OT, there were some posts suggesting to revive this thread, I will try it.

I'm still playing the game, eventhough I mostly hate the design choices for Halo 4.

I'm usually up for any party and every playlist if people still want to play.

I really hope aPk's Sanctuary will come into Matchmaking soon, at the very best it would be even in playlists outside of Throwdown

Is it even the best version of Sanctuary around? It's getting all of this hype and "press" but I would want the best version of Sanctuary in matchmaking, not necessarily the most popular.

IHaveIce

Banned
Is it even the best version of Sanctuary around? It's getting all of this hype and "press" but I would want the best version of Sanctuary, not necessarily the most popular.

I've seen 2 or 3 (also the Suddoth ones lol) and IMO it is the best right now.

Though there are probably waaaay more.

It would be nice if we could put together a list of all the best remakes of classic halo maps.

I hate having to hunt around for forge content.

I'd also be very interested in getting some custom lobbies going again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There are probably a ton of Sanctuary remakes. Problem would definitely be hunting them down.

It would be nice if we could put together a list of all the best remakes of classic halo maps.

I hate having to hunt around for forge content.

I'd also be very interested in getting some custom lobbies going again.

There's a list in a Waypoint thread of all the remakes in Halo 4. I've download a lot of them but there are literally hundreds lol.

Stand and be counted: For or Against Electric Boogaloo.

For.

Question for forgers: I remember in Reach there was a particular trait Teleporters had where (teleportation volume permitting) they'd warp you to the exact same elevation regardless of where the teleporter base itself was.

With some creative fudging would it be possible to remake Chiron using that exploit?

I haven't followed the games updates in a while, what is Legendary Slayer?
It's supposed to be an in-between mix of the Infinity and Throwdown settings, though there isn't that much official information on it.

Also, for folks that don't want to venture into the Mos Eisley that is the Halo OT, check out Reev3rb's QuickCSR site to look at a more...spartan...version of your ranks in the various playlists.

What's the settings for Legendary Slayer?
One of the things I've heard (through Tashi's podcast) is that it will hinge upon the weapon tweaks that have been discussed in the last couple of Waypoint updates. Other than that, they've been fairly tight-lipped on the information, most likely because nothing is final.

I'm hoping that Personal Loadouts are not allowed in Legendary. Just force a set of predetermined loadouts paired up with the more passive Armor Abilities (and a global Stability perk for every loadout), and make a more balanced Personal Ordnance system that offers the more overly abusive items (jetpack, camo, PV, Boltshot, PP, sticky grenades) as potential options over the one-hit-kill power weapons that come up far too frequently. Those should stay as Global Ordnance with guaranteed timers and no chance of anything else other than that power weapon.

Why is it taking so long? Are they trying to make it perfect for the small, niche population of 20k players?
They're waiting for the weapon tweaks to be finalized. They may even pair the Legendary Slayer release and the global update together, which is apparently June 3rd according to this week's Bulletin.

Toa TAK

Banned
Has 343i ever gave us an update to when they would be implementing theater mode for campaign/SpOps? Or is that still up in the air?

blamite

Remember back before launch when adding Campaign Theater was still "being considered' for the future because they were going to be taking a new strategy with patches, to release them more often and add new features?

You have to assume that even then they knew it wouldn't end up being true but that was back when people actually thought 343 would if not "save" Halo, at least improve it. The days when telling us what we wanted to hear was enough sure ended pretty quickly after launch.

Shadders

Remember back before launch when adding Campaign Theater was still "being considered' for the future because they were going to be taking a new strategy with patches, to release them more often and add new features?

You have to assume that even then they knew it wouldn't end up being true but that was back when people actually thought 343 would if not "save" Halo, at least improve it. The days when telling us what we wanted to hear was enough sure ended pretty quickly after launch.

They have to make decisions though, they can support and expand Halo 4, or they can focus on what's coming next. Whichever one of those they choose the other will have to suffer.

I'm not sure which is the best course of action, I'd like more features in Halo 4, of course, but it's vitally important that Halo 5 smashes it out of the park.

EDIT: That makes it sound very binary, they can of course provide support for Halo 4 and make Halo 5, but you can understand that the more people they have supporting Halo 4 the less people are making Halo 5 awesome.

Booties

Banned
Are weapon changes global or just for specific playlists? Having 3 versions of the core game did not work in reach and I hope they don't do it again.

Oh wait....they did already with infinity. God damnit.

Are weapon changes global or just for specific playlists? Having 3 versions of the core game did not work in reach and I hope they don't do it again.

Oh wait....they did already with infinity. God damnit.
343 stated that the weapon tweaks would be a global update and not playlist-specific like Reach was.

any idea what the bulletin will contain this week?

My guesses for today's bulletin topics:

1. Matchmaking changes update.

2. State of weapon tuning update.

3. bs Angel quip about Bravo's bulletin formatting again :)

4. Small notice about new TV series, nothing else to reveal for now though.

5. Community screenshots.

6. Maybe a follow up video or write up from the weapon tuning stream or events not on stream.

7. Hopefully something about 1-flag or BTB CTF.

8. Maybe they'll finally confirm assault is dead and NOT returning.

9. Forge test playlist apology.

10. Teaser for E3 stuffs.

11. Maybe some confirmation about what David Ellis is working on now, is SPOPS gone from Halo 4 now?

How about that community OT locking? Ouch.

Ghazi

My guesses for today's bulletin topics:

1. Matchmaking changes update.

2. State of weapon tuning update.

3. bs Angel quip about Bravo's bulletin formatting again :)

4. Small notice about new TV series, nothing else to reveal for now though.

5. Community screenshots.

6. Maybe a follow up video or write up from the weapon tuning stream or events not on stream.

7. Hopefully something about 1-flag or BTB CTF.

8. Maybe they'll finally confirm assault is dead and NOT returning.

9. Forge test playlist apology.

10. Teaser for E3 stuffs.

11. Maybe some confirmation about what David Ellis is working on now, is SPOPS gone from Halo 4 now?

How about that community OT locking? Ouch.

12) Camping

I hope we finally get details on Legendary Slayer and some kind of tease about something at E3.

I've said it before but Legendary Slayer needs to be Slayer with custom loadouts, static weapon spawns, and 4 second respawn times(or whatever it was in the older games).

I hope we finally get details on Legendary Slayer and some kind of tease about something at E3.

I've said it before but Legendary Slayer needs to be Slayer with custom loadouts, static weapon spawns, and 4 second respawn times(or whatever it was in the older games).

It would be great for legendary slayer to be detailed today. I'm hoping it's basically a less random, more arena based setting with limited loadouts (AKA slayer pro) and some more default flavours e.g. radar = on, plasma's as pick ups on map.

TCKaos

any idea what the bulletin will contain this week?

-New Playlist (could be an old playlist coming back, nothing to get excited about probably)
-Spartan Ops continues with Episode 8
-Weapons are still being tuned, no new details, June 3 lol. Stream write-up with no new information.
-There's a TV series btw. No new information.
-Community Screenshots

Top Bottom