• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
maybe deets about the halo tv series? was there anything besides what they said during the unveiling?

daedalius

Oh man, the split finally happened.

Will enjoy more halo centric discussion.

Pro >>> Infinity in BTB, agreed?

Bet we will see Halo TV show details at E3, looking forward to it.

Also I really hope we get some kind of XBONE Halo 4 pack, otherwise I think its going to hit the community numbers even harder than they've already been. Maybe Season 2 of Infinity + all multiplayer maps, like a new ODST. But who knows, the architecture of the XBONE may be too dissimilar from the 360 to even do such a thing.

op_ivy

Oh man, the split finally happened.

Will enjoy more halo centric discussion.

Bet we will see Halo TV show details at E3, looking forward to it.

Also I really hope we get some kind of XBONE Halo 4 pack, otherwise I think its going to hit the community numbers even harder than they've already been. Maybe Season 2 of Infinity + all multiplayer maps, like a new ODST. But who knows, the architecture of the XBONE may be too dissimilar from the 360 to even do such a thing.

i too am hoping for halo 4 MP for xbox one, as rumored. even if its the same game at a higher res and higher res textures - it would be nice.

Agreed, although if legendary is more of an Arena default variant then: Legendary > Pro > Infinity.

Infinity could be great if they reduce the random selections in PO for static tiered choices, used GO as on map spawns broadcast 15 seconds before they drop and adjusted loadout limitations based on playlist. Anyhow I still prefer older titles default or slayer pro to Infinity. I do like AA's and all that but I want to be able to vote for such things for variety sake.

Sometimes I want to play a regular team with even starts and other times I enjoy the PO customisable Spartan aspects.

Bring back ranked vs social split and do the voting options as they are now at next Halo title launch as well as produce tons of high quality maps specific for playlists. If they then layer in 1-sided objectives with fully realised gametypes over say extractions we'll really have something. Also where in the hell is assault? Assault gametype stands as a pillar of Halo through the franchise and IMO nothing in Halo 4 is even remotely like it or as skilled in terms of team work or solo stealth bomb runs or attack vs. defend etc. 2 bomb and 1 bomb are just fantastic gametypes and cover 4v4, 6v6, 8v8 etc very well indeed.

Fuchsdh

I really hope Legendary Slayer is just dubbed normal slayer in the end. Three variants seems like it's pushing it in matchmaking. Infinity - (Legendary) - Pro. I don't enjoy Throwdown and Doubles as much because they seem to take place in their own bubble outside of other settings.

Madness

What happened to the Community OT?

Mods got fed up of all the meta talk, and other non Halo stuff and locked it. Said too many people were complaining.

It was bound to happen I guess. Oh well, will use this thread to keep track of HaloGAF or Halo 4 related happenings.

Mods got fed up of all the meta talk, and other non Halo stuff and locked it. Said too many people were complaining.

It was bound to happen I guess. Oh well, will use this thread to keep track of HaloGAF or Halo 4 related happenings.

Hopefully for this OT it will result in more Halo when reading Halo threads.

I really hope Legendary Slayer is just dubbed normal slayer in the end. Three variants seems like it's pushing it in matchmaking. Infinity - (Legendary) - Pro. I don't enjoy Throwdown and Doubles as much because they seem to take place in their own bubble outside of other settings.

It may just work out nicely to have two rounds of voting. Something where the maps stay the same in the voting rounds and have 3 variants to vote for as well as veto to then get a second map and the same 3 variants again. It could work with the way the playlists are structured currently. For example in Infinity Slayer playlist you'd get:

Vote Round 1:
A) Skyline > Slayer pro
B) Skyline > Legendary slayer
C) Skyline > Infinity slayer
D) Veto or none of the above

Vote round 2:
A) Harvest > Slayer pro
B) Harvest > Legendary slayer
C) Harvest > Infinity slayer

It could get a little messy for team objective playlist but I think most other playlists would work ok with this.

op_ivy

sorry, guess i havent been keeping up... what is legendary slayer?

yeah, this could be a good thing (but i expect this thread to die off and the community thread to live on in a different place)

Madness

Yeah, I don't mind non Halo stuff if it's gaming related, like how we were discussing the television show, release of xbox, our headsets etc. I guess all the meta talk and insults and stuff got it shut down.

yeah, this could be a good thing (but i expect this thread to die off and the community thread to live on in a different place)

Hopefully we can regroup in this thread to keep track of what's going on with Halo 4 for those who still play, the weapon update, play games together etc.

Madness

Poor OddOne though, he spent a lot of time getting all that info together, making a good OT and his is the one that gets locked. Someone should copy past his OT here since it had most of the info about what's happened since Jan.

Havok

The most they've said (to my knowledge) is that it's intended to be a middle ground between the hardcore Throwdown and the disaster mode Infinity.

So...let's call it Super Slayer as shorthand.

op_ivy

The most they've said (to my knowledge) is that it's intended to be a middle ground between the hardcore Throwdown and the disaster mode Infinity.

i like the sound of that!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

It should just be Slayer Pro but with radar on maps with static ordnance. 4v4

It would be nice to have it in BTB too, I love radar on and it would suit me for 4v4 or 8v8 playlists. I also don't mind a slightly larger sandbox than the hardcore pro modes too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It would be nice to have it in BTB too, I love radar on and it would suit me for 4v4 or 8v8 playlists. I also don't mind a slightly larger sandbox than the hardcore pro modes too.

Next opportunity I get I'm going to see if I can squeeze it into a playlist somewhere. Maybe Dubs.

Next opportunity I get I'm going to see if I can squeeze it into a playlist somewhere. Maybe Dubs.

Doubles would be nice too, classic Halo returns as two voting variants across doubles, throwdown, slayer (IS), FFA & BTB. Sounds good to me, I'm happy to go with the flow and play whichever gets voted for. Although even starts has me really looking forward to playing at night.

Also any word if these pro or legendary settings are going to make it into CTF?

Havok

I don't have any sort of potential for inside info like you guys (which isn't to suggest that you have any on this or anything like that), but I really have my doubts about whether or not that's what it'll end up being - I mean, it'd be nice. But while I appreciate the effort going into it, frankly, until those kinds of settings are pushed out into modes that aren't Slayer...I kind of don't care anymore.

Fixing the horrible mistakes they made with certain objective modes would be nice too, as long as we're listing pie-in-the-sky dreams.

wwm0nkey

SOMEONE FIXED INFECTION!

Has all the old options and allows you to have weapons on the map and not just ordnance.

- Unlocked menu options for team, ordnance, and loadout settings.
- Initial, random, and personal ordnance are functional.
- Zombie and Alpha Zombie traits now include weapon and equipment settings.
- Changed "Flood" with "Zombies" and "Spartans" with "Humans" in menu options and in-game text.
- New game type category: "Infection"
- Weapons and grenades can spawn on the map.
- No forced colors
- Zombies are Spartans.
- Added an option for '1 Point' to Survivor Kill Points and Zombie Kill Points game type settings.

op_ivy

cant wait for that carbine. also, BTB should be considerably better without 100% of the players using dmr

op_ivy

Question for Tashi or whoever, is the DMR still viable?

it sounds like it bridges the gap between long distance king (light rifle) and the shorter range stuff (carbine/br). might still be a good middle ground for maps with plenty of long sight lines, but yeah, great question.

it sounds like it bridges the gap between long distance king (light rifle) and the shorter range stuff (carbine/br). might still be a good middle ground for maps with plenty of long sight lines, but yeah, great question.

While I understand how many love their BR I hope the weapon tuning doesn't make the DMR the least viable choice in all playlists or maps.

TCKaos

SOMEONE FIXED INFECTION!

Has all the old options and allows you to have weapons on the map and not just ordnance.

- Unlocked menu options for team, ordnance, and loadout settings.
- Initial, random, and personal ordnance are functional.
- Zombie and Alpha Zombie traits now include weapon and equipment settings.
- Changed "Flood" with "Zombies" and "Spartans" with "Humans" in menu options and in-game text.
- New game type category: "Infection"
- Weapons and grenades can spawn on the map.
- No forced colors
- Zombies are Spartans.
- Added an option for '1 Point' to Survivor Kill Points and Zombie Kill Points game type settings.

The same guy also has Lightning Flag, Multi-team Dominion, Multi-team Griffball and other things up. They're also working on bringing back Invasion, Assault and Neutral Flag.

Top Bottom