• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think they have before, actually.

then lose some weight!

YvJjtvl.png

Playing on four maps for SWAT is getting beyond annoying. Adrift, Haven, Shutout, and that new forge map...ugh. I got Complex for the first time in probably two or three weeks and it was such a breath of fresh air.

Complex. A breath of fresh air.

We need more maps in SWAT. Abandon is occasionally on the vote but never gets chosen. Ever. I completely understand why, but it's so annoying to only play a few maps. Hopefully some of the Forge Island maps get approved or whatever so they can be split up and sent to other playlists.

Stinkles

Playing on four maps for SWAT is getting beyond annoying. Adrift, Haven, Shutout, and that new forge map...ugh. I got Complex for the first time in probably two or three weeks and it was such a breath of fresh air.

Complex. A breath of fresh air.

We need more maps in SWAT. Abandon is occasionally on the vote but never gets chosen. Ever. I completely understand why, but it's so annoying to only play a few maps. Hopefully some of the Forge Island maps get approved or whatever so they can be split up and sent to other playlists.

I hate that Forge map (for SWAT - technically it's a cool map) because the lines of sight often leave your back exposed and teams can very quickly get into a dominant position because there are basically no useful visual cues to orient yourself on respawn. And I am campaigning against it this very second. Agree on more maps and it is happening in short order.

Of course TEAMS love it and seem to vote for it a lot.

Stinkles

Which new Forge Map? Black site?

I think Plaza. Black Site is fine by me. My hatred stems from the WAY I play, not objective problems. I like to run loops and patterns, and break those when the other team starts figuring it out. Plaza just makes me cray because you can't even see the sky to orient yourself.

Booties

Banned
I hate that Forge map (for SWAT - technically it's a cool map) because the lines of sight often leave your back exposed and teams can very quickly get into a dominant position because there are basically no useful visual cues to orient yourself on respawn. And I am campaigning against it this very second. Agree on more maps and it is happening in short order.

Frank's the new SWAT community manager.

Nice to see someone else on Gaf actually plays SWAT and agrees with my complaints :lol.

Which new Forge Map? Black site?

Nah not Black Site. That one is alright but I haven't seen it pop up in SWAT yet. I was talking about Plaza, I'm not sure if Frankie was talking about that as well(EDIT: Yup. Funny how saying "bad new Forge map" is so easy to figure out haha), but it gives the illusion of having a bunch of cover to go from one place to another but you are constantly getting shot in the back a bunch.

Every time I play it I seem to be very, very streaky. More than other maps at least. I've gone on multiple stretches of 5-6 kills without dying, but then I'll follow it up with just as many deaths in a row in like 1/10th the time. The spawns are all kinds of wonky. It adds some variety, sure, but it just isn't the greatest map IMO.

Stinkles

Nice to see someone else on Gaf actually plays SWAT and agrees with my complaints :lol.

Nah not Black Site. That one is alright but I haven't seen it pop up in SWAT yet. I was talking about Plaza, I'm not sure if Frankie was talking about that as well(EDIT: Yup. Funny how saying "bad new Forge map" is so easy to figure out haha), but it gives the illusion of having a bunch of cover to go from one place to another but you are constantly getting shot in the back a bunch.

Every time I play it I seem to be very, very streaky. More than other maps at least. I've gone on multiple stretches of 5-6 kills without dying, but then I'll follow it up with just as many deaths in a row in like 1/10th the time. The spawns are all kinds of wonky. It adds some variety, sure, but it just isn't the greatest map IMO.

I bet your streaks are team related - you plus three affiliated bros, versus all randoms. That's definitely my experience.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think Plaza. Black Site is fine by me. My hatred stems from the WAY I play, not objective problems. I like to run loops and patterns, and break those when the other team starts figuring it out. Plaza just makes me cray because you can't even see the sky to orient yourself.

Ahh ok. That's the bigger one. I think we agreed that it played well for SWAT and that SWAT needed some new maps so that's why that happened.

Interesting. Wonder why they're so reluctant to talk at all about a gametype.

Probably because it's not ready yet.

Fair enough.

Also, I'd like to test some Forge maps for SWAT. Would be cool if you joined Frank. Would love an EXPERT opinion! lol

Tashi

Forge maps in the community playlist are great, been playing them a ton lately.

Have had some very intense ctf matches on them.

v3 CTF on Onyx. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

K so I gotta record a podcast tonight but after that I'm looking to start a SWAT testing party. I'll post here later with a time of when I'm getting on for anyone that wants to join. It's just going to be SWAT only.

edit: a;sldvgknad;ovilknas;elkfawe just got some AWESOME news.

I play it but I can never just sit in that list for hours. It's definitely a one or two match run sates my appetite.

I can definitely see that. I love playing it and usually start my night on it whenever I play, but I haven't played an all SWAT multi-hour night in a long time now that I think about it.

v3 CTF on Onyx. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

K so I gotta record a podcast tonight but after that I'm looking to start a SWAT testing party. I'll post here later with a time of when I'm getting on for anyone that wants to join. It's just going to be SWAT only.

I might be interested depending on what I'm doing around that time. I'll be on the lookout for your post.

It's actually an EXCELLENT training tool for noobs so they can learn how to headshot.

Yeah, definitely agree. It also helps players to be more aware of their surroundings because it doesn't have radar and map control is important. Even though SWAT isn't my cup of tea, it's still a decent way to break into Halo gameplay.

The recycled black site map is annoying, but all the other maps in the new community playlist are awesome.

Please bring them to matchmaking soon cause I have no money for any of the map packs and I'm already getting tired of playing the same few maps over and over again.

willow ve

Infinity Slayer against a good team is just absolutely infuriating.
Armor abilities make me so sad :(
Yep. It's fine with the JIP mess and all randoms just bouncing around unorganized. Then you hit a wall of a team all using camo or all with jetpack and it becomes infuriating.

Nebula

The recycled black site map is annoying, but all the other maps in the new community playlist are awesome.

Please bring them to matchmaking soon cause I have no money for any of the map packs and I'm already getting tired of playing the same few maps over and over again.

Stuff like this is why I'm glad Forge became what it is. We get loads of great maps, for free and some even get into matchmaking.

I was playing H4 and bumped into Henery while on my goosing account, and we got Settler so I couldn't goose. Had to play normally and we both came top of the table. It was goood.

Note to community cartogrophers/343: Add Mongooses to Settler.

Also I broke my xbox, then my Brother fixed it. Good day so far.

I havent played in a while but i think im still gonna wait until the balance update.

This seems to be the plan of action for a lot of people who jumped off Halo 4 nearer to release. Hopefully 343 deliver some good changes.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wooooo

Same tag as username here, then? I have to leave for work in a few minutes but you can add me instead if you'd like. Same as here. FUBAR McDangles
will add you mine is IHaveAnIce

I like Ender more than Black site, way prettier

Tashi

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, self induced! Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stinkles

Like it's some kind of game-fixing patch....
The only difference will be everyone using BR over DMR.

I MASSIVELY favor BR over DMR for almost everything already, but even I still use DMR in Big Team. I basically can't make up my mind which one really works better for me, and they feel different but balanced. YMMV.

BigShow36

Like it's some kind of game-fixing patch....
The only difference will be everyone using BR over DMR.

Seriously, this update isn't going to change any of the issues with the game. Now, if the update reduced the aim assist of the primary rifles, then we would be getting somewhere.

I MASSIVELY favor BR over DMR for almost everything already, but even I still use DMR in Big Team. I basically can't make up my mind which one really works better for me, and they feel different but balanced. YMMV.

So are you agreeing with him or disagreeing?

Stinkles

Seriously, this update isn't going to change any of the issues with the game. Now, if the update reduced the aim assist of the primary rifles, then we would be getting somewhere.

So are you agreeing with him or disagreeing?

I'm giving my subjective feedback. They both feel balanced and role-appropriate to me, even though my natural preference is BR. DMR "feels" a fair bit harder to use at very long distances to me.

Omni

This is the only damn game in my collection that consistently puts me in games against full parties. At this point I don't even care about balancing. Just fix the freaking matchmaking. Eh.

It frustrates me to no ends.

BigShow36

I'm giving my subjective feedback. They both feel balanced and role-appropriate to me, even though my natural preference is BR. DMR "feels" a fair bit harder to use at very long distances to me.
I realize that, but his point was this update does very little to the actual gameplay except swap which primary weapons most players will use. Making the primary weapons more "balanced" against one another is really irrelevant, because that's really a personal preference rather than a detriment to gameplay. In the end, the game is still going to play out almost identical to how it did prior to the update except there's going to be more BR ammo lying about. Sure, "feel" is an important part of a game, but it has very little bearing on the actual gameplay balance.

Fuchsdh

I realize that, but his point was this update does very little to the actual gameplay except swap which primary weapons most players will use. Making the primary weapons more "balanced" against one another is really irrelevant, because that's really a personal preferance rather than a detriment to gameplay. In the end, the game is still going to play out almost identital to how it did prior to the update except there's going to be more BR ammo lying about. Sure, "feel" is an important part of a game, but it has very little bearing on the actual gameplay balance.

Disagree.

IHaveIce

Banned
It pushes the DMR away from the superior role. It does something important.

Sure it is no Descoping instead of Flinch but hey.

And didn't they say something about reducing Auto-Aim?

This is the only damn game in my collection that consistently puts me in games against full parties. At this point I don't even care about balancing. Just fix the freaking matchmaking. Eh.

It frustrates me to no ends.

If only there was a mercenaries playlist.

No that would be too useful for randoms in mathmaking.

Lets just let the randoms continue to get shit on.

That'll make players want to continue playing the game.

Not that yesterday was a new low peak population or anything.

Nope. None of these sentences are true. Nope.

Top Bottom