• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Madness

I don't have most of the Castle achievements. We should all try boosting them sometime.

I'm down. Just to get them out of the way. I need a lot of the majestic ones. I've got all the the Crimson ones, and just two Castle left, but I'd help anyone with crimson ones as well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Narrows 2: The Remake

Good games Kittens. Congrats to all the CCs and Forgers on making some great maps. I can't remember the names but I had fun on all of them.
Yeah, seconded, all those maps were awesome. Except for that one with SWAT. That one is good, but not great.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Bro, I have like 300+ hours into that game and 1000+ losses and less than 30 wins. I don't know why I try, but it's been a dream of mine to get good at that game. Even you'd probably need a break if you lost for hours and hours over and over again. Though this is the only game I've ever gotten angry at or had issues with.

Your first mistake was playing Marvel online. Aside from matchups you arent going to be getting anything worthwhile out of that. Unless you got a buddy who has a good connection.

Booties

Banned
Is the BR and DMR 4SK now? I wish BR starts were forced. And fuck jetpack. I'm sick of losing because I don't have faster vertical sensitivity.

Ghazi

Your first mistake was playing Marvel online. Aside from matchups you arent going to be getting anything worthwhile out of that. Unless you got a buddy who has a good connection.

I usually get put up against people with good connections, I haven't really experienced that much lag online. I play with friends frequently, they're the ones who got me into fighting games in general, and I always get my ass kicked because they've played it so much. I go online in hopes of fighting other people who aren't as good as them, but no I've yet to fight someone around my skill level. The thing is, I can do all teh combos and advanced tactics using all three of my main characters (Wesker, Dante, Vergil (Team Top Tier/Team Trenchcoat) )in training, but as soon as the enemy starts moving I don't know what the fuck to do and I always get put in a combo and and then I'm dead. I don't know why I keep playing it, I think it's because I just don't want to be stuck playing FPS games which are really easy to play for me and this presents more of a challenge.

Karl2177

Intercession B really had some wonky spawning and sightlines. It was pretty frequent to have someone spawn directly in my line of sight in front of me and I was shot in the back off somebody's spawn a few times as well. I'm not a cartographer so take this all with a grain of salt but I did like this map but some things need to be changed. I don't know what exactly, but it could use some work.

Intercession =
Also many times people spawned behind me after I killed them in the one corner.

Okie dokie. I was against putting a structure between the bases and side structures, because I knew how obstructive they would be when travelling between each other. It took me a little while to create one that wasn't obtrusive and yet still provided cover. This along with deleting the troublesome spawn points should fix that.

Dc5rBjOl.jpg

Also I added a thin ramp for trick jumps. It makes another way to the top of the base while protecting you from the base itself.

lSx7Capl.jpg

Also because I ran out of building block pieces, I replaced the center opening with bridge pieces.

CpqAGb6l.jpg

Updated version is in my File Share named "Intercession.b"

Mix

So, I just played this game of Slayer Pro on Scythe (which is a really good gametype on a mediocre map) and that CSR sure does work...
I mean, I don't understand why my rank is so low if I'm just better than these people.

Mix

Is the BR and DMR 4SK now? I wish BR starts were forced. And fuck jetpack. I'm sick of losing because I don't have faster vertical sensitivity.

No, DMR isn't going 4sk but the BR is on the 3rd. we're just gonna have to play this until then.

wwm0nkey

Cross post from the HolaGAF thread.

Ok so the Horizon editor allows you to do a lot actually. If you guys want to test out your own ideas use it, here are some of the options

(YES THE PERK POWERS CAN ALL BE USED AT ONCE!)

j0NAZS6dWxfN0.png

jugJ6igHW0hpk.png

jbkEaHMIULRsax.png

(Turn speed = strafe?)
jbjLwMnZx4TzCd.png

(You can disable EMP!)
jbhSPDkZvtBVFp.png

http://i.minus.com/jXhgAKloZAA8E.png
jVLUa97C9iQZa.png

(Changing player size can either enlarge or shorten the hit box and make maps smaller or bigger due to player size, so if you feel your map is short just change the gametype to make the players a tad small)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just played this game of Slayer Pro on Scythe (which is a really good gametype on a mediocre map) and that CSR sure does work...
Hey, Scythe is a great map! Or maybe it just feels great compared to the stock Halo 4 maps. Regardless, I really enjoy it.

Ugh, Been searching for games all day and had 2 games on DLC maps. Fix this please. Either weight DLC more, Match me with people with the DLC or just Make the Castle Playlist all DLC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I only have the Crimson DLC, but yeah, I very rarely see it come up. I know people have been calling for a custom games browser for forever, but after playing BF3, I finally get how obvious and crucial it is. Let us choose what we want to play.

Mix

Hey, Scythe is a great map! Or maybe it just feels great compared to the stock Halo 4 maps. Regardless, I really enjoy it.

Let me get that straight, Scythe is fun to play, symmetrical and really nice, but when you almost lose because one of your teammates as 4 kills it makes you not like it. Anyone on right now? Kinda in the mood to play.

wwm0nkey

Thanks dude.

Would I get banned for using this?

Do not use any profile editor under ANY circumstances. Editing your GPD is a banable offense. I have yet to meet a man who has gotten banned from gametype editing...I did it all the time on Halo 3 as well but as always use at your own risk.

I only have the Crimson DLC, but yeah, I very rarely see it come up. I know people have been calling for a custom games browser for forever, but after playing BF3, I finally get how obvious and crucial it is. Let us choose what we want to play.

It was supposed to be in Halo 3 (known as XBL Public) but got cut. About 7 years later from Halo 3's development and there has still not been a single improvement to Matchmaking.

Bungie using Forge as an excuse to not have searchable Custom Games and fans buying into it is why there haven't been any advancements in years. Halo is at its best when the community has multiple tools at its disposal. SWAT and Flood/Infection being proof of this, and those are just the gametypes that made it into MM.

They need to increase the strafe speed too. You cant even strafe out of the way if they are above you. Strafe is also needed in BTB. Those vehicles are like tanks now since they were buffed to account for PP and PG starts.

God why is this game still such a mess.

DeadNames

Banned
They need to increase the strafe speed too. You cant even strafe out of the way if they are above you. Strafe is also needed in BTB. Those vehicles are like tanks now since they were buffed to account for PP and PG starts.

God why is this game still such a mess.

It's not a mess.....

It's accessible.

Eh, I don't like Scythe.

It's also for some reason weighted to show up on every single voting screen in IS.
Ugh, Been searching for games all day and had 2 games on DLC maps. Fix this please. Either weight DLC more, Match me with people with the DLC or just Make the Castle Playlist all DLC.

2 DLC matches in a single day, that's pretty high for a Halo game.

DLC in Halo is and has been an absolute waste of money, you'll never play on the maps in MM with any regularity.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I usually get put up against people with good connections, I haven't really experienced that much lag online. I play with friends frequently, they're the ones who got me into fighting games in general, and I always get my ass kicked because they've played it so much. I go online in hopes of fighting other people who aren't as good as them, but no I've yet to fight someone around my skill level. The thing is, I can do all teh combos and advanced tactics using all three of my main characters (Wesker, Dante, Vergil (Team Top Tier/Team Trenchcoat) )in training, but as soon as the enemy starts moving I don't know what the fuck to do and I always get put in a combo and and then I'm dead. I don't know why I keep playing it, I think it's because I just don't want to be stuck playing FPS games which are really easy to play for me and this presents more of a challenge.

Well you play it cause its fun. I'd suggest using a different team though. You need a little bit of finesse to play your current team so if you aren't confident in your fundementals youre cutting yourself off at the knees.

I decided to check the OT just for fun, and noticed Ghaleon's farewell post. It's sad that Halo 4 just totally turned people off the franchise. 343 are going to have to work some magic in Halo 5 for old fans to come back. However, I almost thinks its too late and the damage is done. :/

Some days I randomly get "nostalgic" and miss classic Halo things. Today, I miss Assault and some Big Team Objective.. It was so much fun organizing a 2-3 man rush mission with the Hog/Bomb guy staying away from all the action and going straight into the base for a plant. Some of the funnest moments were waiting for Camo to spawn as you're holding the Bomb, then using that shit to sneak into the base for an uncontested arm.

RIP Halo 2 Assault on Containment

Top Bottom