• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

That would make sense, but they abandoned the rotational playlist concept a while back.

Oh really? Wow. Here's hoping we get 1-flag and/or BTB CTF somewhere...

I hope this doesn't come off wrong and I don't pretend to understand much about CC's or yourself/343i but I wanted to genuinely say thank you for your efforts over the years with Halo. I'm glad CC's and players like yourself over all the Halo titles have contributed so much to make a better game for me to play, cheers mate. Thanks to Tashiii, the long list of CC's who I don't know and those that play test as well.

FyreWulff

Oh really? Wow. Here's hoping we get 1-flag and/or BTB CTF somewhere...

I hope this doesn't come off wrong and I don't pretend to understand much about CC's or yourself/343i but I wanted to genuinely say thank you for your efforts over the years with Halo. I'm glad CC's and players like yourself over all the Halo titles have contributed so much to make a better game for me to play, cheers mate. Thanks to Tashiii, the long list of CC's who I don't know and those that play test as well.

If anyone should get thanks it's Bungie and then 343 for allowing the community to be directly involved in the first place. They didn't have to do it.

If anyone should get thanks it's Bungie and then 343 for allowing the community to be directly involved in the first place. They didn't have to do it.

Of course the developers, I took that one for a given/granted. They sure do need to develop new systems for release or conversion or whatever the publishing process is. It would have been ideal for Halo 4 but I hope next gen the systems/process are far quicker for release and without the need for conversion/mistakes etc.

I prefer the idea of community tested and developer support/approved maps, settings and playlists. When compared to a custom games browser I think this sort of thing can raise the bar but it's proving to a bit on the slow and troublesome side thus far.

CC's and Forge maps have been very much appreciated in Halo 4. I hope they really look at a PC editor over Forge in future though.

We need everything that came from Halo Wars.
36B5E2CF-D9E9-4EB7-95D2-0DCCF15C469B-7500-000000D6A600724F.jpg

For some reason that pic just made me think of Planet Side 2 but Halo edition. With Covenant, Flood and UNSC as the factions.

Fuchsdh

For some reason that pic just made me think of Planet Side 2 but Halo edition. With Covenant, Flood and UNSC as the factions.

Originally the Flood were going to be a multi faction in Halo Wars, but they cut it for scope, which I think was smart (they basically said that in order to differentiate them, they started trending too much towards the Zerg and they weren't interesting enough.)

daedalius

Originally the Flood were going to be a multi faction in Halo Wars, but they cut it for scope, which I think was smart (they basically said that in order to differentiate them, they started trending too much towards the Zerg and they weren't interesting enough.)

Really if the Flood were more aesthetically like the zerg in some respects, I think they would be even more terrifying.

It kind of looks like that is how it is trending looking at the flood-spartan in H4.

More unit types to fight against in campaign could be cool, obviously they missed the mark in H3 a bit...

Fuchsdh

Really if the Flood were more aesthetically like the zerg in some respects, I think they would be even more terrifying.

It kind of looks like that is how it is trending looking at the flood-spartan in H4.

More unit types to fight against in campaign could be cool, obviously they missed the mark in H3 a bit...

Well, the Flood don't really fit into an RTS without being completely different in form and playstyle. Resource management and bases don't quite mesh. They were better used as they were, as an opportunity to unleash them on your foes in select multiplayer maps.

What about the supressor or increasing the rate of fire for the Storm Rifle? Im to lazy to see the cluster mess of Waypoint.

I believe all the automatics are getting a damage buff combined with a reduced aim assist, so they should be equal to each other the same way they are now (with Suppressor being the fastest to kill, AR the slowest, but AR being more accurate over time, etc.)

malfcn

Can a "Cramp Mechanic" be added to combat squatters? If you try to squat around the map you have to stand up and walk it off.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Welp, looks like the aim assist warthog passengers is still super high. Tashi just had a frenzy with a snipe.

Skillz baby. But nah it was super easy. Some shots were sick though.

Someone download the film in my share, capture the frenzy and then put it on youtube. I can't capture with my card for the time being. Thanks!

Booties

Banned
Skillz baby. But nah it was super easy. Some shots were sick though.

Someone download the film in my share, capture the frenzy and then put it on youtube. I can't capture with my card for the time being. Thanks!

Yeah I want to see that. Link? I might just download it to my file share and watch it in theater.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yeah I want to see that. Link? I might just download it to my file share and watch it in theater.

Check my FS in game, it should have uploaded. Actually watch your own film, view is 3rd person in Warthog so it should work fine.

G17

So this happened last night while a friend of mine and I were playing with TCKaos and Unknown xixiixixixiixixi on Adrift. It's a known glitch but it was pretty funny to watch and be a part of.

I present: Stuck in the Floor on Adrift

Exact same thing happened to me a few months ago on Solace. (near the Coast Cage section of the map) Seems like it's a bug that happens on multiple maps.

So, I played some Halo 4 multiplayer. Just a little piece of advice for Tashi and other CCs:

The Needler is not a normal pickup weapon. Please don't treat it as such. In Halo 4, it is rightly a power weapon, so it shouldn't be something that spawns every minute or so. I played a game on whatever it is – O something? – and I only used the Needler. Didn't have any reason to use anything unless I was out of needles. Plus, with that ammo modification, I was especially deadly. Got two killing frenzies and went 25 and 2.

So yeah.

IHaveIce

Banned
So, I played some Halo 4 multiplayer. Just a little piece of advice for Tashi and other CCs:

The Needler is not a normal pickup weapon. Please don't treat it as such. In Halo 4, it is rightly a power weapon, so it shouldn't be something that spawns every minute or so. I played a game on whatever it is – O something? – and I only used the Needler. Didn't have any reason to use anything unless I was out of needles. Plus, with that ammo modification, I was especially deadly. Got two killing frenzies and went 25 and 2.

So yeah.
Opus? Yeah play with ammo perk- get rockets abd needler on the map -win

Everyone walks mostly on the top where there are ebough edges and corners for deadly rockets and if soneobe cones from behind needler or for the open sightlines.

EDit: other map with O would be Onyx but I don't think there is a needler

Mix

So yeah.
DAX!!!!!

DeadNames

Banned

So yeah.

Oh THANK YOU! Someone agrees! I was so mad at Halo 4 last night because of the abundance of needlers.

Ghazi

Play Team Throwdown. Much better experience.

If you call getting spawn trapped and dominated by parties of 4 a better experience then go right ahead. Of course the only problem there are the bk randys I get paired up with, there's only so much one person can do while their teammates are walking points for the enemy teams. Playing in a party yourself is generally a good idea for Throwdown.

So yeah.

Deadly for skilled people, I can still see some dudes trying to use it as a shotgun, pretty weird.

Booties

Banned
Needler isn't that bad. Probably playing against people who didn't learn you were using it over and over again. All you gotta do is get up close or far away. I like the needler in Halo 4 as it is. It gives just enough variety without being ridiculous. Or maybe it just doesn't seem so bad considering how random this game is with all the ordnances.

Fuchsdh

Needler isn't that bad. Probably playing against people who didn't learn you were using it over and over again. All you gotta do is get up close or far away. I like the needler in Halo 4 as it is. It gives just enough variety without being ridiculous. Or maybe it just doesn't seem so bad considering how random this game is with all the ordnances.

It's definitely a power weapon, but not on the level of rockets or snipe. In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing they basically are a guaranteed kill. I think it's fine as is, I just wish someone had clued the campaign guys in on their lethality.

heckfu

Banned

Nah it's not bad at all. Maybe make the spawn times longer but it's definitely not an ordnance weapon in anything but throwdown IMO.

It's definitely a power weapon, but not on the level of rockets or snipe. In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing they basically are a guaranteed kill. I think it's fine as is, I just wish someone had clued the campaign guys in on their lethality.

On certain maps I'd argue that it's more deadly – and definitely easier to use – than the sniper. You said it's deadly in the hands of someone who knows how to use it, well same goes for the sniper.

Top Bottom