• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Yeah, Infinity Slayer is infinitely improved by having Slayer Pro in there. Played it all night last night and it got at least 50% of the vote share overall. Still the problem of not having a proper power weapon respawn system in place of personal ordnance though. The addition of Simplex, Scythe and Opus make the horrors of Complex, Solace and Abandon an almost distant memory... still had to play Abandon once due to join in progress *shudder*.

I agree that there are too many needlers on maps in Halo 4. My primary annoyance is how their HUD waypoints besmirch an otherwise lovely looking map in Monolith. Seriously, I looked up at one point and there must've been three or four needler indicators popping out like red pen annotations on an otherwise lovely piece of homework.

It's true though!

Out of all the problems, the biggest one to you guys is "Damn, the BR isn't 4 shot"?

Cmawn

My biggest problem is your face dude.

legit serious, Halo 4 has issues but many of them have been worked out, You can play those static spawn no AA games types now. Weapon Balance is another step in the right direction.

Gui_PT

My biggest problem is your face dude.

legit serious, Halo 4 has issues but many of them have been worked out, You can play those static spawn no AA games types now. Weapon Balance is another step in the right direction.

Yeah definitely a step in the right direction but unfortunately we're still far from how much fun this game can be

Edit: Who wants to play this game? :D

Purplemage

Neo Member
Played a round of Rumble Pit last night on Abandon and was dominating at top lift, ala Sword base, with the shotgun. Literally pulled 14 shotgun kills and won by a decent margin. I was starting to feel bad camping a lift with a shotty until I realized that the majority of the other players were spamming Pro vision and Invis. After seeing that I was one of the very few using thruster I lost all feelings of remorse over holding down the top the way I was.

You'd think using the abilities like that those asshats would've been able to kill one lone guy at the top. But...Halo 4.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I finished playing Halo 4 coop with my dad today. It was the first FPS he ever finished, but he's kinda familiar with the overall story of Halo.

When the credits rolled, he said, "That really had nothing to do with Halo, did it?"

So right and he didn't even know it. I think he's ready for the original trilogy.

Played a round of Rumble Pit last night on Abandon and was dominating at top lift, ala Sword base, with the shotgun. Literally pulled 14 shotgun kills and won by a decent margin. I was starting to feel bad camping a lift with a shotty until I realized that the majority of the other players were spamming Pro vision and Invis. After seeing that I was one of the very few using thruster I lost all feelings of remorse over holding down the top the way I was.

You'd think using the abilities like that those asshats would've been able to kill one lone guy at the top. But...Halo 4.

Sure it's not like camping lifts with shotties or swords was popular in Reach or Halo 3 or Halo 2 /sarcasm. Swordbase, Construct, Ivory Tower and more I'm looking at you.

To me it seems more like a map chokepoint design than game mechanics. Irrespective of PV or Camo all Halo games have had CQC campers with appropriate weapons. Reversely many players prefer to stay at a distance and just ping/pick off with long range combat too.

Each to their own and I think it's a false label to lump that one Halo 4 exclusively.

Striker

Sure it's not like camping lifts with shotties or swords was popular in Reach or Halo 3 or Halo 2 /sarcasm. Swordbase, Construct, Ivory Tower and more I'm looking at you.

To me it seems more like a map chokepoint design than game mechanics. Irrespective of PV or Camo all Halo games have had CQC campers with appropriate weapons. Reversely many players prefer to stay at a distance and just ping/pick off with long range combat too.

Each to their own and I think it's a false label to lump that one Halo 4 exclusively.
Thing with Abandon is they seem to have built it up for Slayer, and later tried tossing in 2-flag, King, and Oddball. Forced gametypes that don't belong. Three lifts and two of them are important for map control. You play Oddball or Slayer and it's whoever controls those two lifts areas, most always will always be the victor. Compared to Ivory Tower, where it was set up asymmetrically and made for gametypes like 1-bomb and flag. Difference is Abandon has none of that. To cap it off, I'll go Camo when I feel like it so I can scramble my enemies radar and be cloaked.

With so much clutter and having two lifts as the primary chokepoints of map movement, it's terrible. You'd figure they would've seen how easy it was to camp Swordbase and Construct (two more maps that were Slayer based and did nothing good objectively except MLG King [Construct]), they would have learned their lesson. Sure we haven't had low grav zones or shield doors (except in Dominion lol), but I think this type of map design is equally as shitty.

Thing with Abandon is they seem to have built it up for Slayer, and later tried tossing in 2-flag, King, and Oddball. Forced gametypes that don't belong. Three lifts and two of them are important for map control. You play Oddball or Slayer and it's whoever controls those two lifts areas, most always will always be the victor. Compared to Ivory Tower, where it was set up asymmetrically and made for gametypes like 1-bomb and flag. Difference is Abandon has none of that. To cap it off, I'll go Camo when I feel like it so I can scramble my enemies radar and be cloaked.

With so much clutter and having two lifts as the primary chokepoints of map movement, it's terrible. You'd figure they would've seen how easy it was to camp Swordbase and Construct (two more maps that were Slayer based and did nothing good objectively except MLG King [Construct]), they would have learned their lesson. Sure we haven't had low grav zones or shield doors (except in Dominion lol), but I think this type of map design is equally as shitty.

Agree with everything there. I loved ivory tower 1 flag/bomb and dislike abandon 2 flag and wasn't a fan of construct anything really.

Give me The Pit or Zanzibar 2 flag/bomb any day all day.

Ghazi

Ah, the infamous Swordbase room. I remember getting 4 or 5 sticks in a row on people coming up that lift at launch. Great stuff
not

TheOddOne

Get a room together.

:p
Don’t talk when top men are scheming.

ibacphYwQQloH8.gif

Fuchsdh

Don’t talk when top men are scheming.

ibacphYwQQloH8.gif

I really love these kind of masked animated GIFs, but I was really pissed reading a news article where some "artist" pretended like he pioneered it.

Speaking of Sword Base, I wonder how it would play in Halo 4. I think it would be slightly easier to camp the lifts just because you've got reduced blast radius on your grenades.

Striker

I really love these kind of masked animated GIFs, but I was really pissed reading a news article where some "artist" pretended like he pioneered it.

Speaking of Sword Base, I wonder how it would play in Halo 4. I think it would be slightly easier to camp the lifts just because you've got reduced blast radius on your grenades.
Probably. You factor in Camo being more powerful in Halo 4, then Resupply taking away grenade pickups. It would heavily depend what the player used, but if you're a Mobility/Stability guy, it would be more difficult to wipe them out of the room or the small hallway outside it (who was responsible for the people coming from top red - he would just use PV and scan the opposing side
sigh
).

Risen

but if you're a Mobility/Stability guy, it would be more difficult to wipe them out of the room or the small hallway outside it (who was responsible for the people coming from top red - he would just use PV and scan the opposing side
sigh
).

Bah... In Team Fiesta there would be 2 rockets, 1 incineration cannon, and 5 sticky dets on the map at the same time. Folks would manage...

Top Bottom