• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

51064KKBHYL._SS500_1.jpg

BigShow36

That's depressing. 343 need to step up their game.

I also realised that the TU will do nothing for BTB. Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades will still be an issue, still ruin vehicle combat and still make everyone spawn as a one man vehicle destroying army.

Halo 4 will most likely become a 4 v 4 exclusive title, which is great news for some, but shit news for BTB. Slayer Pro barely comes up anymore. We need static voting options laid out like this:

[Infinity Slayer] [Slayer Pro] [Objective]

Map choice will be random. Screw weighing maps based on popularity, variety is the spice of life. I would also like Slayer Pro renamed. Having Pro anywhere makes casual players shit their pants. Call it Slayer. Simple, effective and it tells you it isn't Infinity.

The irony of this is that Halo 4 supported BTB much, much more than it did 4v4 gametypes.

Why can't they remove Plasma from BTB loadouts and make them pickups?
  1. 343 can't just remove a weapon from custom loadouts (which is dumb), they would have to create a static loadout selection like Reach did with no PP. (see #3)
  2. 343 would have to spend the time to place them on the map, which really means that they would make the Community Cartographers do the dirty work for them.
  3. BTB Pro has static loadouts, and from what I play in BTB, no one but me votes for the gametype. Some of that might be due to the fact that none of the maps are tuned to have pickups on the map, so there you go.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Let's play some Halo. I'm on H4, but would be down for H3 or Reach.

daedalius

Pretty sure turbo is just how Quinn is referring to the new TU/Settings.

There are no playlists/gametypes associated with it. The TU is universally applied.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes when I get a multi kill in Halo the Ke$ha song 'Warrior' starts playing in my head.

Edit : Playing Onyx CTF with IHaveIce, and WOW, it turns out jetpack ruins an otherwise awesome map. Imagine that.

Nebula

Power of the cloud!

I've reset my Xbox, hopefully it let's me on because I want to get some Halo 4 going.

Time to go waste my 1000th tweet asking xboxsupport/halowaypoint for help.

Never mind it's working now. Took a few minutes but it let me in a lobby.

Conor 419

Banned
Back.

My Organic Chemistry exam was nowhere near as good as my Inorganic exam which sucks, I didn't get much sleep last night and felt it hurt my performance in general, I hate morning exams.

I have Physical Chemistry one week today, 2/5ths Electrochemistry & Equilibria (Thermodynamics), 2/5ths Magnetic Spectroscopy and Valence Theory (Quantum Mechanics), 1/5th Kinetics. The first half of this exam was my strongest in January, I could really do with living up to that score this summer, I want to be able to do a Masters after all :(

How's Halo?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok for real this was going really well for a while. If you're not going to talk about H4, go to the HaloGAF thread in OT community please.

wwm0nkey

Has it been clarified if Turbo Slayer is the new Legendary Slayer or what was that all about earlier today?

If so who thought it was a good idea to switch those names?

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok for real this was going really well for a while. If you're not going to talk about H4, go to the HaloGAF thread in OT community please.
Huh except conor I don't see much OT talk.
And it was all jet-pack's fault apparently.

Well not all ;) But on a small map like Onyx a full team of Jetpack users with DMR on CTF can spawntrap you easily and they are waaay faster in your base and on top positions than the others.

Nebula

Yo I thought this was the community thread, where am I?

You should check out HolaGAF in off topic community. Halo OT 17 got locked if you didn't know, and we use two threads now. This one for Halo talk, the other for stuff that isn't Halo.

Maybe this info should be added to the OP for those that missed it.

Risen

Well not all ;) But on a small map like Onyx a full team of Jetpack users with DMR on CTF can spawntrap you easily and they are waaay faster in your base and on top positions than the others.

Where is this list where one team can pick something to which you don't have access?

IHaveIce

Banned
Where is this list where one team can pick something to which you don't have access?

Didn't expect you to be one of the people to think loadouts are good and balanced because everyone can do it?

And on my loadout list is no Jetpack so well there is that.

Well I hope the Bulletin is up soon, hoping for some surprises in the weapon tuning

Top Bottom