• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Played a game of team objective. Extraction 2 site on Exile. Someone left so game had to reconfigure. Got back in and couldn't extract sites. Nice job 343

Purplemage

Neo Member
Haha, I only played slayer pro twice on complex BTB so far, but I got killing frenzy both times I got the sword. It's so deadly in the buildings. And I wasn't even camping.

But hey, that's what makes the weapon to effective in cqc. It felt like Halo 3 Pit sword room a while.

I think it also highlights how poor of a map complex is. Far too big and complex for the style of play. And I think it's because they can never test these maps with mass gamers in mind.

Look at Bungie testing for Sword Base or the videos they showed, to how the map actually played in gamers hands. I feel harvest is a much better map than complex.

Glad someone sees it my way. Do I agree Rockets are a better match for complex? Absolutely. But the sword was one of the few redeeming parts of it for me personally. Staying in doors and doing your business with the sword was sometimes the only alternative when the other team holds down the top building.

It's not even funny. Just thinking about the failed abortion that is Black Ops 2 makes me want to set fire to an orphanage. GOD I HATE THAT GAME

AND MW3 AND BLACK OPS 1 AND MW2 AND FUCKING COD 4

It's flowing dude.... it's flowing

W@W stinks too

COD is like to Starwolf as Halo is to Starfox, amirite?

Madness

Damn, the movement speed increase is good, I like it, but holy shit do I notice flinch more often. Maybe it's placebo effect?

Also, has it been laggy for anyone else playing? Two matches in a row it's been rubber band shooting, ordnance not even showing up etc.

Also did they finally say fuck it and get rid of global ordnance?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Played about 10 or so games of the new TU, liking it so far.

Though I'm wondering atm:

• Has shield recharge rate gone up to compensate for the buffs?
  • Why is pistol still 6 shots?

Obscured

Damn, the movement speed increase is good, I like it, but holy shit do I notice flinch more often. Maybe it's placebo effect?

Also, has it been laggy for anyone else playing? Two matches in a row it's been rubber band shooting, ordnance not even showing up etc.

Also did they finally say fuck it and get rid of global ordnance?

I've had some that felt pretty laggy, but games without lag has felt pretty good, though there is more of an adjustment than I expected.

Complex comes up wayyy too much now. Otherwise, Im loving the updates to the sandbox.. Gameplay has been really fun!

On another note, is this getting a US release?

IV794JB.jpg

We just played CTF on Ragnarok in a 5v5 playlist. It was DMRS cross map all game noone capped 0-0 tie ending. Dear lord fix your settings! 343 What are you doing!?

DMR should control open long sight lines on maps like Ragnarok.

On large objective maps respawn should be 10-12 seconds. Otherwise noone is going to score. We got to top mid killed them pushed up they were respawned by the time we got up to their half.

Its not like hard its just common sense.

Serenity framerate = Simply unacceptable.

Objective needs to go back to 4v4 as 6v6 is way too chaotic and mindless.

On large objective maps respawn should be 10-12 seconds. Otherwise noone is going to score. We got to top mid killed them pushed up they were respawned by the time we got up to their half.

Its not like hard its just common sense.

Serenity framerate = Simply unacceptable.

Objective needs to go back to 4v4 as 6v6 is way too chaotic and mindless.

I prefer 4v4 too as it makes a solo player more effective and things less chaotic, especially regarding respawning as you described.

I disagree it's hard to cap on Ragnarok though. The usual team I play with have no issue in winning or at least capping. I play CTF for a big chunk of my games. When in a team or random I hardly ever see 0 caps vs. 0 caps.

Nebula

That's my issue with the DMR. You can sit in base and place shots on guys at mid with relative ease which encourages players to not want to control mid and instead camp closer to their base. It's boring to me. If I wanted to play sniper like gameplay where everyone tries to head glitch then I'd find Team Snipers.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really like those changea for the maps, especially Adrift plays better, I mean it is still bad but because of the Overshield and Snipers people actually move on the map and not hide in their base when they get lead

Played about 10 or so games of the new TU, liking it so far.

Though I'm wondering atm:

• Has shield recharge rate gone up to compensate for the buffs?
  • Why is pistol still 6 shots?

Yeah the shield recharge is also my problem, it just takes too long, compared how fast you are shield down or one shot with this update.

Maybe instead of telling us what and how to play, you should educate yourself and realize that Settler is in like 3 other playlists than BTB, including CTF and Objective.

Edit: too rough.
My post wasn't about settler, it was about the constant bitching exhibited by btb "fans" in this and other halo threads.

I didn't know it was in the other two playlists though as I haven't played either since they ruined objective by making it 6v6.

Shadders

Loving this update, totally changed the eb and flow of the game. Carbine is ace, BR is ace, AR is ace, movement speed is ace.

God, why couldn't it have launched like this?

Striker

That's my issue with the DMR. You can sit in base and place shots on guys at mid with relative ease which encourages players to not want to control mid and instead camp closer to their base. It's boring to me. If I wanted to play sniper like gameplay where everyone tries to head glitch then I'd find Team Snipers.
You just need a few to control the mid in Ragnarok - two on the hill and one at Pelican. The two others can drive in vehicles. Easy to maintain control of that map once you kill the one or two people in the initial rush for laser.

I didn't know it was in the other two playlists though as I haven't played either since they ruined objective by making it 6v6.
TO wasn't going to be much since Oddball/King is only decent on Haven. It is terrible on things like Complex, Abandon, Solace, Adrift, etc. Since the raise in the number of players, you see things like King on Meltdown or King on Ragnarok. These changes are similar to what they keep doing with CTF. Does Complex CTF make sense? No, but they keep them in there for the sake of variety, otherwise the map pool would be extremely thin. Probably why I always had seen Relay and Settler show up so much the last time I was on, and quite frankly I would rather play The Cage than those two again.

Loving this update, totally changed the eb and flow of the game. Carbine is ace, BR is ace, AR is ace, movement speed is ace.

God, why couldn't it have launched like this?
Something something choice of time over quality something something, Halo game every year, consequences be damned.

Gui_PT

It's fine if they want to keep it the way it is as long as it's harder to get your hands on one. That weapon is everywhere.

Top Bottom