• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Nice! I'm sure it'll come to iOS and Android eventually, but for now I will enjoy it on my Surface and Lumia, looks like fun. I've been asking for something Halo on their mobile OS for a long ass time. :)

Risen

It's fine if they want to keep it the way it is as long as it's harder to get your hands on one. That weapon is everywhere.

^^^

This... the power of the SAW is fine, but it doesn't need to be as prevalent in personal ordnance.

It works fine placed on the map as a power weapon... but gets nutty in games with personal ordnance. At one point we had a game where 3 of 4 team mates had a SAW in hand.

Honestly, most people crying about the AR are those who get killed by it. You have a crispy 4 shot capable BR that has a faster kill time than all but close ranges when compared with the AR. Just don't miss... and move intelligently.

I love the new Carbine.

My new favorite rifle. It's so refreshing seeing people use all the rifles instead of just the DMR.

In related news, I'm having trouble adjusting to the BR's slower rate of fire. I know I'll get used to it, but for now it's the rifle I do the worst with.

^^^

This... the power of the SAW is fine, but it doesn't need to be as prevalent in personal ordnance.

It works fine placed on the map as a power weapon... but gets nutty in games with personal ordnance. At one point we had a game where 3 of 4 team mates had a SAW in hand.

Honestly, most people crying about the AR are those who get killed by it. You have a crispy 4 shot capable BR that has a faster kill time than all but close ranges when compared with the AR. Just don't miss... and move intelligently.

That's the problem. Personal Ordnance should be mid-tier power weapons only. SAW was never mid-tier imo, thing is 2x an AR, but I guess most people consider top-tier power weapons one shot kill guns.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
^^^

And also 2 shot melee.

BigShow36

That's the problem. Personal Ordnance should be mid-tier power weapons only. SAW was never mid-tier imo, thing is 2x an AR, but I guess most people consider top-tier power weapons one shot kill guns.

The problem with the SAW isn't necessarily how powerful it is, it's just that its so damn easy to get kills with it due to the slow strafe and massive aim assists.

DeadNames

Banned
The problem with the SAW isn't necessarily how powerful it is, it's just that its so damn easy to get kills with it due to the slow strafe and massive aim assists.

at least you have to somewhat aim with it... unlike the incineration cannon.

PO should be: AA, sticky det/needler/conc rifle/any other somewhat weaker weapon, power up.

Playing yesterday I was kind of getting sick of the SAW, but that was only in Infinity Slayer. In Slayer Pro where it's just a static drop I didn't have any problems.

Not a problem. There are plenty of weapons in Halo that are easier to use than the SAW and more effective, too. I use the SAW as infantry and vehicle suppression. Works REALLY well medium range when you pulse the trigger like a BR since it has quite a tight spread for the first few rounds. It'll take out a Ghost in less than a clip if you're good with it. The problem isn't it's power or ease of use, it's just the prevalence of it. It's one of the most common power-weapons, but it should have the drop cadence similar to Rockets or Sniper, rather than Scattershot/Needler/StickyDet. (note, I have no idea if that's actually the case, just feels that way)

Ghazi

So ummm.. I hate randoms.

Vz1St5l.png

Ghazi

senador

Banned
I played last night by myself for a while and had a blast. I'm wanting more and excited to come back. The BR feels so much better now, I'm actually able to take on DMR users at further range. Good stuff.

I noticed what appeared to be static weapon spawns and revised ordnance? Is this the case? Both Slayer Pro and Infinity actually felt great. Too bad these changes came so late, the game feels really good now.

Yeah, lets hope they are seeing that and it comes to XBLA. I mean I will buy it on W8 still but other people should not be left out.

As a WP8 user, eat your heart out. We deal with no games all the time, it's nice to have something that looks more awesome than most mobile games actually come to my platform of choice. TWO of my platforms of choice, actually. ;)

I played last night by myself for a while and had a blast. I'm wanting more and excited to come back. The BR feels so much better now, I'm actually able to take on DMR users at further range. Good stuff.

I noticed what appeared to be static weapon spawns and revised ordnance? Is this the case? Both Slayer Pro and Infinity actually felt great. Too bad these changes came so late, the game feels really good now.

Yes. I think Random Ordnance is gone from all launch and DLC maps now. I don't think it was ever on the Forge maps, from what I could tell, at least.

Only thing that needs to happen now is have a couple rifles or plasma pistols hanging around the maps for some damn ammo in the Pro gametypes. Speaking of which, I know the update just came out and it was a ton of work and what not, but is this going to be it for sustain? I love the direction they are moving Halo 4, so I hope that there's more to come and that E3's Halo announcement won't be like what Halo 4 did to Reach, and 3 before that...

BigShow36

Not a problem. There are plenty of weapons in Halo that are easier to use than the SAW and more effective, too.

And it's a problem with them too. The Inceration Cannon is a joke, same with the SAW. Just because there are other weapons with the same problem doesn't mean it's no longer a problem.

willow ve

Yes. I think Random Ordnance is gone from all launch and DLC maps now. I don't think it was ever on the Forge maps, from what I could tell, at least.

Only thing that needs to happen now is have a couple rifles or plasma pistols hanging around the maps for some damn ammo in the Pro gametypes. Speaking of which, I know the update just came out and it was a ton of work and what not, but is this going to be it for sustain? I love the direction they are moving Halo 4...
Static ordnance is a huge boost to core gametypes. It's still baffling why they chose random as the default.

wwm0nkey

Halo 5 ships with only Legendary mode. Pay to unlock the easier modes. Like the opposite of the Metro Last Light thing. Skilled players rejoice!

Honestly I want "difficulty" settings to be gone from a lot of games. Have the game be hard as shit and make players learn how to take on obstacles.

Honestly I want "difficulty" settings to be gone from a lot of games. Have the game be hard as shit and make players learn how to take on obstacles.

I think being able to customize my experience is more appealing than having only one way to play the game. Difficulties and skull modifiers and more, please.

Fuchsdh

I think being able to customize my experience is more appealing than having only one way to play the game. Difficulties and skull modifiers and more, please.
Agreed. I don't enjoy a lot of games on their hardest difficulty because they usually cut down ways you can successfully play and turn you into a weakling or your enemies into bullet sponges. if difficulty was based more on things like improved enemy AI, etc, I might be more interested. As is I only play Legendary for the achievements.

daedalius

I just want campaign and firefight scoring back :(

Also I totally miss the achievements for campaign scores in campaign like they had in H3, actually made me improve my campaign play to get them.

Shit-on-itis is a terrible disease that tears communities apart. Won't you please donate just one dollar a day, less than the cost of a pack of salt, to help combat this scourge?

Risen

Halo 4 is more fun now than it was.

^^^

I guess I could write a review breaking down all the ways the game has improved with this update, but really, it boils down to this:

After playing it for a couple days, it made me want to play more. That's not something I've had in a Halo game for a very long time.

Sure - the game still has flaws... and numerous things I don't like, but the pain of these is eased significantly after the update. Didn't like sprint? Now you get punished for sprinting stupidly while still allowing you to be a dynamic player. Didn't like jet pack... same. Don't like personal ordnance and team fiesta - now you are empowered to better deal with whatever random item someone calls in.

It's a better game today than it was at release to be sure.

I haven't played Halo 4 since the Crimson Map Pack. What's changed in terms of core gameplay?

Are all of the hoppers improved, or which hoppers should I jump into for the best Halo 4 experience?

Top Bottom