• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

You only ever need one disc.

Everything on disc two can be downloaded from Xbox Live for free.

Really? That's nice to know. I planned on getting the game from Redbox, but I was concerned about not getting the multiplayer portion of the game. Good to know that's no longer an issue. :)

Havok

Watching this Machinima stream, they're trying to get today's KOTH challenge, currently on Ragnarok.

I'm not sure if I should be surprised that the vehicle set wasn't changed to accomodate the lower player count or not. 5v5 with two mantises, two banshees, two warthogs, two ghosts, four (?) mongeese. Then two snipers, two rocket launchers (?), the laser, two railguns. If this is their normal setup, can't wait for the inevitable Heavies variant.

Also, no thank you to 5v5 objective games.

Shads

Does anyone know if any stores will carry Limited Edition copies or is that exclusive to pre-orders?

tbh my hype level for this game was originally "meh another Halo", but after seeing all the vids and reviews, I'm on the hype train now. Halo 4 looks more amazing and compelling than I would've imagined. But hopefully Halo isn't the only thing that 343i can work on, this looks like one talented development team that deserves to work on other IPs as well.

GavinGT

Banned
So will any USB 2.0 stick be sufficient for this? Just picked up a 16 gig Sandisk one.

Stick it in the 360 and see what it says. It'll either offer to format it or tell you it's not fast enough. I couldn't imagine a USB 2.0 stick wouldn't work, though.

TheOddOne

Halo 4 Honours Memory Of Teen Fan In Special Mention
343 Industries are honouring the memory of a teen fan by listing his name in a special section of Halo 4 titled “Heroes Never Die.”

Cade Ainsworth, a 16 year old Halo fan from Gluckstadt, Mississipi, was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer at the age of 14 years old. His mother, Dianna Ainsworth, spoke about how his favourite gaming franchise gave him something to live for and how “It gave him a chance to be the hero and win at something when he had no control over anything in his life”.

When 343 Industries learned about Cade’s illness, they invited him out to the headquarters to spend a day with the team in what his mother called “the best day of his life”. There were also discussions of shipping an advanced copy of the latest instalment to him, however about six months after Cade went into remission, his cancer returned and he tragically passed away on July 12th.

On the news of his passing, 343 once again contacted Cade’s family and informed them that they wanted to honor Cade permanently in his favourite series by listing his name in a special section of Halo 4, titled “Heroes Never Die”.

“He could be just Cade in a video game. He wasn’t sick. Cade wasn’t bald-headed. He was just Cade,” Dianna said. Thanks to the folks at 343, Cade can still be “just Cade in a video game” while his memory also lives on in the parents who still keep his room ready, just in case someone wants to play.

I wish I could :(

nelson-muntz.gif

GloveSlap

I'm torn between using Bumper Jumper and Recon for my control setting. I love Bumper Jumper, but it makes it really hard to use the jetpack effectively and that seems to be one of the best armor abilities.

Reach's campaign is just behind CE. I will fight for this until my very last breath.
Obviously you mean that ODST is ahead of both of them in this case. Obviously.

I'm torn between using Bumper Jumper and Recon for my control setting. I love Bumper Jumper, but it makes it really hard to use the jetpack effectively and that seems to be one of the best armor abilities.
Jetpack looks like crud. THRUST LIKE A MAN!

MrDaravon

I'm not sure what thread it was asked in (I'm losing track), but I saw someone ask if we had a list of what levels unlock what armor pieces, does anybody have that or did that get posted? I'm pretty sure there's a list floating around of the weapon/perk/etc unlocks with the level and SP required, but I'd be interested in the armor one as well if it's out there. Afraid to go looking for it to avoid getting spoiled anymore than I already have.

I'm not sure what thread it was asked in (I'm losing track), but I saw someone ask if we had a list of what levels unlock what armor pieces, does anybody have that or did that get posted? I'm pretty sure there's a list floating around of the weapon/perk/etc unlocks with the level and SP required, but I'd be interested in the armor one as well if it's out there. Afraid to go looking for it to avoid getting spoiled anymore than I already have.

I would love to see this.

iirc Master Chief is the highest rank a enlisted sailor can earn. Higher ranks are for officers.

True, Someone needs to update the Halo Nation wiki page as it shows Master Chief Petty Officer "of the navy". John is not the MCPON of the UNSC Navy. LOL

MrDaravon

If I'm reading this correctly, this is only something that shows on Waypoint right? Doesn't Waypoint already show some sort of skill # metric for Reach?

In typical fashion I'm trying to check my Waypoint stats now, and as usual it doesn't want to load. In either case, IF this is something that's only viewable on Waypoint this is equally useless to me as it will be on day one. Good on them for doing something, but I don't think this is exactly what people wanted.

Edit: There we go, this is tracked now as BPR on Waypoint right? So this sounds like pretty much the same thing, but just tracked per playlist?

Ken

If I'm reading this correctly, this is only something that shows on Waypoint right? Doesn't Waypoint already show some sort of skill # metric for Reach?

In typical fashion I'm trying to check my Waypoint stats now, and as usual it doesn't want to load. In either case, IF this is something that's only viewable on Waypoint this is equally useless to me as it will be on day one. Good on them for doing something, but I don't think this is exactly what people wanted.

Edit: There we go, this is tracked now as BPR on Waypoint right? So this sounds like pretty much the same thing, but just tracked per playlist?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43899577&postcount=12942

idunno.

MrDaravon

That post seems to confirm that you still have to go to the Waypoint "app" or whatever you want to call it, just that you can do it within Halo 4 now.

We already have a skill metric tracked on Waypoint that no one cares about, this seems to be the same thing. What people want is a number (or equivalent) that shows next to your name in-game. The moment you have to go out of the game to look at this they have already largely failed. *shakes head sadly*

Woorloog

Banned
Nice, much cleaner and all around more organized site.

Indeed. There was a split a few years back, Wikia forced the new look for everyone (Wowwiki got widened version for being number one hit generator for Wikia) and some wikia admins branched off their wikis to other sites. Halopedia was sprung of then-Halopedia, now Halo Nation; WoWpedia-WoWwiki split... may have been others.

So, Halopedia has a lot of old editors too. Interestingly, since it is kinda less known that Halo Nation (based on which comes first on Google), Halopedia has less faulty info... Though also slower to update, less people there i think. But the better layout makes up for it.

EDIT and i'm not an editor in either one. Should make an account though, i think.

Top Bottom