• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kudos to 343 for adding in skill ranks, even if late, and even if on Waypoint. I hope it gets added in-game eventually, but this is second best.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Footage from the Suppressor, AR and Storm Rifle would be nice.
I want to know if any of them is worth using for CQB. The AR at least seems good, but what about the two others?

Also, Lightrifle.

Hmm. Did i make a too specific request?

Ah, well, i'll leave you ponder that, i'll watch that Flood vid now...

Suppressor feels like a cross between SMG and AR, v. good for CQB. So is the Bolt Shot - remember to charge it like the Railgun - that is to say, activate the charge and let it rip - don't use it like the Spartan Laser charge. Storm rifle is a beat too, but not for headshot finishing.

Ken

Prices, mostly. The two 39.99 orders can't be canceled because they were part of a larger order that's already been shipped. It's a bit silly.

In the end I'm keeping the 20 and 40$ copies. And I'm not placing any trust in day-1 shipping so I'll be going to the midnight.

How strange.

Redford

aka Cabbie
From what I've seen of the Boltshot it looks like there's very little aim assist/sticky reticule when charged, looks like it will just flick over the enemy if you're not accurate.

At least I hope it's like that.

Lets do this

kfwLvl.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Suppressor feels like a cross between SMG and AR, v. good for CQB. So is the Bolt Shot - remember to charge it like the Railgun - that is to say, activate the charge and let it rip - don't use it like the Spartan Laser charge. Storm rifle is a beat too, but not for headshot finishing.

Yes, that's how i've understood it but everyone says it is too weak, capable of stripping shields but not killing the target too. Is it truly a viable main weapon (assuming playstyle that involves getting close first) or as a secondary with Firepower?
I'm just worried. I love the new Promethean weapon's looks and i'd like to use them.
My planned main Loadout will use the Lightrifle and Boltshot...

EDIT also, since it is similar to SMG... in Halo 3 single SMG was worthless if you could use the AR (and so was the Spiker), that didn't set very good precedent for SMG-like weapons in Halo MP...
In Reach the Spiker is nearly worthless compared to the AR... though admittedly you can't find it in MM.

EDIT doesn't help that each Halo so far has had sandbox balance issues, that went unfixed.

Fuck.

Frankie - can you just call someone and get the game released already? So many people already have it, it's torture.

To make it worse - I have this weekend off, then working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

That leaves Friday and maybe some short intervals before bed/study if work load permits.

Ahh well. Soon enough.

demolitio

I'm so sick of living in a city with no mom and pop stores. I'm moving. :mad:

It's weird to be in a pretty big city yet I can't find one.

smr00

Banned
I see.
Well, FUD ain't a spoiler, more like a prequel. And good too. Watch it.
About to start while i install all these games.

Biggest bummer about the whole situation is i lost every single game save since 2005 :-/ But it what it is and i am just ready to dive into some halo goodness. Is GAF doing any COOP parties this time around? I only know 2 duders that kind of enjoy halo.

Woorloog

Banned
About to start while i install all these games.

Biggest bummer about the whole situation is i lost every single game save since 2005 :-/ But it what it is and i am just ready to dive into some halo goodness. Is GAF doing any COOP parties this time around? I only know 2 duders that kind of enjoy halo.

Most likely we'll have co-op parties, there are quite many who will want to play campaign and SpOps in co-op.
I do but first i need to know how the netcode works in those, it is going to be annoying if i'm limited to play with other Europeans only (have some americans in my friend list) and even worse if even that is impractical, don't have any othe Finns in my friend list..

beanman25

Got the game! Had my dad stop by the small store close to his work on break. They had a few copies out.

Pretty excited!!

Yep, got my Limited Edition today.

It was sold by GAME all over the country, and Gamestop and Mediamarkt have followed them.
I bought it at GAME too amigo.

So random bans to legit copies uh, nice move Microsoft.

edit: damm I want to play some Infinitt Slayer but I don't want to get banned FUCK

Marco1

Cancelled my LE console on amazon as they have a great deal of 250GB S and 1 year of live for £189.
Still have my LE game dispatched though.

Top Bottom