• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Man, I wish there were places in Utah I could go to get the game early. Not that I would....

<.<
>.>

Really though, I am kinda jealous of those of you getting it early. It's making the wait go by a lot slower.

feel

Good on them for reacting to the skill rank outrage fast. Now they need to keep at it until the solution is actually decent.

Anyone else using Smartglass with this? it doesnt do much but i see the potential. a neat little feature but when the phone goes to sleep it disconnects?

Kud Dukan

Good on them for reacting to the skill rank outrage fast. Now they need to keep at it until the solution is actually decent.

I'm really excited about all this post release talk from 343i. They really seem determined to support this game well after launch with not just map packs.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I'll give you that posting the article could be a reaction to the outrage but I seriously doubt ranks themselves were a reaction to the lack of them in Halo 4. People went crazy with Halo Reach and I'm sure 343 was very aware of that.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm really excited about all this post release talk from 343i. They really seem determined to support this game well after launch with not just map packs.

Hopefully the support includes balance patching. Dexterity perk seems a bit too fast (only looks like that of course, need to see it in-game effect before i can really judge it).
The Suppressor is according to all reports nearly worthless weapon.
And so on.

That post seems to confirm that you still have to go to the Waypoint "app" or whatever you want to call it, just that you can do it within Halo 4 now.

We already have a skill metric tracked on Waypoint that no one cares about, this seems to be the same thing. What people want is a number (or equivalent) that shows next to your name in-game. The moment you have to go out of the game to look at this they have already largely failed. *shakes head sadly*

I agree, the fact that most people aren't going to even know it exists is going to make it rather pointless. With the way they are treating patches though, maybe adding CSR visual representation to the slayer pro playlist is possible.

I really don't know why the ranks are viewable on waypoint only.. patch em into the game! Whether only you can see them or not there is no reason to hide them behind waypoint. They definitely need at least one playlist the prioritizes the ranks and makes them publicly viewable..whether slayer pro, MLG or something else.

New Halo 4 Flood Gameplay.

Is there anything you guys want by chance?

I want to know if there is a Gravity Hammer assassination, and if so what it looks like.

Woorloog

Banned
New Halo 4 Flood Gameplay.

Is there anything you guys want by chance?

Footage from the Suppressor, AR and Storm Rifle would be nice.
I want to know if any of them is worth using for CQB. The AR at least seems good, but what about the two others?

Also, Lightrifle.

Hmm. Did i make a too specific request?

Ah, well, i'll leave you ponder that, i'll watch that Flood vid now...

Redford

aka Cabbie
That post seems to confirm that you still have to go to the Waypoint "app" or whatever you want to call it, just that you can do it within Halo 4 now.

We already have a skill metric tracked on Waypoint that no one cares about, this seems to be the same thing. What people want is a number (or equivalent) that shows next to your name in-game. The moment you have to go out of the game to look at this they have already largely failed. *shakes head sadly*

Yeah, but it's still 1-50, so at least that's good.

(hopefully they aren't smartasses and it's actual 1-50, not some bullshit modification of BPR, only to 50 instead of 100)

Woorloog

Banned
Separate sect of the covenant, probably wasn't involved in the Human/Covenant war.

Actually, it was. The Storm was founded after the war, by Elites who didn't want to have peace with the UNSC... EDIT that said, there's some truth to what you said. Majority of its Elites may be from an Elite colony (a bit unclear as of now, implied though), with different dialect.

smr00

Banned
This is a tad OT but i can't find the right thread for this and i am in dire need fellow 360 gamers.

I went and bought a 360 slim holiday bundle and preordered halo 4 at best buy today and i get back and plug in my 360 and it just sits there and i get a full red ring with a error message so i turn it off and back on and it did it again. I noticed my Power supply wasn't fully pressed in so i pushed it in and it turned on so i turned it off/on a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke then off and waited 10 minutes and now i have it updating. Should i be worried? Should i just go back and exchange it? Or was the error from the power supply because i don't wanna go pick up halo and come home and it shit out of me. I do have 30 days to return it though.

Sorry again for the OT question, although it does kind of relate to halo 4 :p

Agreed, but what is really getting me is the sound. It's just crazy awesome in my opinion.

Agreed. the new faction weapons sound absolutely amazing. ive been totally blown away. even things like the scorpion's artillery shells sound spectacular. the game is pure eye/ear candy.

My only criticism graphics wise is when the game switches to a 3rd person perspective i.e. when carrying a turret, the walking animation looks a little awkward. otherwise the skies/vistas and foliage look fantastic for something NOT on a PC.

Woorloog

Banned
This is a tad OT but i can't find the right thread for this and i am in dire need fellow 360 gamers.

I went and bought a 360 slim holiday bundle and preordered halo 4 at best buy today and i get back and plug in my 360 and it just sits there and i get a full red ring with a error message so i turn it off and back on and it did it again. I noticed my Power supply wasn't fully pressed in so i pushed it in and it turned on so i turned it off/on a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke then off and waited 10 minutes and now i have it updating. Should i be worried? Should i just go back and exchange it? Or was the error from the power supply because i don't wanna go pick up halo and come home and it shit out of me. I do have 30 days to return it though.

Sorry again for the OT question, although it does kind of relate to halo 4 :p

Let it update, see if it works. You probably don't have anything to worry about.
If it did have some real issue, you probably couldn't even update it.

smr00

Banned
Let it update, see if it works. You probably don't have anything to worry about.
If it did have some real issue, you probably couldn't even update it.
Thanks.

This gives me some comfort. Although this fucking update is taking foreeeeeeeeeeeeever.

smr00

Banned
Yeah, well, quite a lot of stuff has been made after the S model was launched...
I am just glad to get a new slim and thanks for answering me and not ripping my head off for going OT because i had no idea where to ask.

I will stop breaking the topic now that i am at ease and go make something to eat while this update downloads and i will see you all tuesday! (trying to go into this game with no info)

Woorloog

Banned
I am just glad to get a new slim and thanks for answering me and not ripping my head off for going OT because i had no idea where to ask.

I will stop breaking the topic now that i am at ease and go make something to eat while this update downloads and i will see you all tuesday! (trying to go into this game with no info)

You haven't played Halos before or you just don't know know anything about Halo 4?

I read through the last couple pages and you guys were replying to people who had it now saying they won't get banned for playing online now that it's 4 days to launch. Can any of you provide proof of this please? A link where someone from 343 or microsoft states that? I have the game and I really don't want to risk a ban even if it's a small chane.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
November 6th is going to suck. I'm going to have to juggle the receipts for 4 Halo 4 copies and remember to return 2.

2 copies at 39.99 (getting shipped).
1 copy at 19.99 (getting shipped).
1 copy at 59.99 (midnight launch).

Hope it all works out.

Ken

November 6th is going to suck. I'm going to have to juggle the receipts for 4 Halo 4 copies and remember to return 2.

2 copies at 39.99 (getting shipped).
1 copy at 19.99 (getting shipped).
1 copy at 59.99 (midnight launch).

Hope it all works out.

Doing this to get all the pre-order bonuses?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Doing this to get all the pre-order bonuses?
Prices, mostly. The two 39.99 orders can't be canceled because they were part of a larger order that's already been shipped. It's a bit silly.

In the end I'm keeping the 20 and 40$ copies. And I'm not placing any trust in day-1 shipping so I'll be going to the midnight.

smr00

Banned
You haven't played Halos before or you just don't know know anything about Halo 4?
I had an xbox 360 from launch till about 2 months ago when it broke and have been a halo fan since halo 1.

I go pure media blackout on all halo games because i really enjoy the campaign stuff.

Woorloog

Banned
I had an xbox 360 from launch till about 2 months ago when it broke and have been a halo fan since halo 1.

I go pure media blackout on all halo games because i really enjoy the campaign stuff.

Oh, i admire your self-restraint. Amazing how one can be so long on blackout...

Top Bottom