• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Depends on where you live, I guess. If you reside in the US, Gamestop will probably be out of LE stock. However, you could always try Target, Best Buy, or Walmart if you really think you want it. I'd like to believe that Microsoft has learned their lesson after the massive overstock of the Halo 3 and Reach special editions, but I doubt you won't be able to find it.

If you live outside of the US, I can't give you any advice.

Thanks, I'll probably try Walmart or Target on Tuesday.
Hopefully I can find it.

daedalius

Great OT Ghal.

Just put in my request off for next Tuesday, picking it up at midnight... I'd better have this book cover I'm working on finished!

Was planning on Preordering an LE from GS but it completely slipped my mind. Now they've stopped preordering them and NYC is a powerless disaster. So I'm gonna wander into a Best Buy and pick one up at midnight, I don't really need those Armor Skins. But I NEED an LE.

That sucks, I would highly recommend Cryptum and Primordium seeing as how the Foreunners will be such a large part of this trilogy. Maybe its just me, but I'm fascinated by the Forerunners and enjoyed the books even though there were some slow parts.

Well maybe "bored" isn't the right word, I really enjoyed all of the Forerunner history and lore being added. The story was just very slow moving and I decided that I could either finish Cryptum and Primordium by Tuesday, or the Onyx and the Kilo 5 books, and went with those.

With Cryptum I was having to stop to look into things more deeply on Halopedia because I was so interested in that part of it, which is part of why it was going so slow

Also, someone needs to edit that frigate-crashing-into-corvette gif to have the UNSC ship say "Halo 4" and the Covenant ship to say "Reach multiplayer"

KageMaru

Great OT Ghaleon, m0dus, nillapuddin, and Louis Wu!

Been so busy lately, I really hope I have enough free time to play next week.

Hulud

If you guys thought the Bear books moved slowly, you mustn't have read anything by Neal Stephenson. Granted, he's on another level than Bear, but still, have some patience in your scifi. I think both of the forerunner books paid off in the end.

m23

If you guys thought the Bear books moved slowly, you mustn't have read anything by Neal Stephenson. Granted, he's on another level than Bear, but still, have some patience in your scifi. I think both of the forerunner books paid off in the end.

Yep, those endings were awesome. Especially Primordium, don't want to say too much, but that ending blew my mind.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
can someome tell me how the rankings work?

is it like CoD? is there skilled ranked matchmaking? what are all those things you can unlock after you reach level 50 and how do they work?

m23

Now go watch the terminals in CE Remasterd. Dude, dude.

Yeah, I did. I watched the terminals before I read Primordium, I think it worked a lot better that way.

Heroic first time for me, I want some challenge but don't want to be frustrated on my first run.

GhaleonEB

can someome tell me how the rankings work?

is it like CoD? is there skilled ranked matchmaking? what are all those things you can unlock after you reach level 50 and how do they work?

Matchmaking is skill based. Playlists are consolidated compared to past Halo games, in order to do a better job of it.

Head here for the details on specializations, which are the things you unlock past level 50.

http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/62

So, the recommended starting difficulty is Normal now? Has the difficulty of that been upped from previous games?

Apparently Heroic is a bit harder than before, but Normal is suggested for players new to the series. If you've played past Halo campaigns, Heroic is probably going to be about right for you.

heckfu

Banned
So, the recommended starting difficulty is Normal now? Has the difficulty of that been upped from previous games?

Yup! Frank/David from 343 have commented that due to the difficulty of the new enemies combined with learning how to combat them that normal is recommended for the first play through.

Up until now in the series it's been, "Oh! Grunt -> Elite -> Brute -> Hunter! I know how to fight these!" and with the Prometheans it's a completely new battle.

volgihn

I am so hyped for this game. In preparation I have read through most of the books. I haven't been this exited for a halo game since Halo 2. I hope that I can get back into the multiplayer like I did with halo 2 and 3. I will be avoiding reviews. I want to forge my own opinion of the game and not go in with a negative attitud and also to avoid spoilers.

Prologue

Was planning on Preordering an LE from GS but it completely slipped my mind. Now they've stopped preordering them and NYC is a powerless disaster. So I'm gonna wander into a Best Buy and pick one up at midnight, I don't really need those Armor Skins. But I NEED an LE.

Depends on where you live, I guess. If you reside in the US, Gamestop will probably be out of LE stock. However, you could always try Target, Best Buy, or Walmart if you really think you want it. I'd like to believe that Microsoft has learned their lesson after the massive overstock of the Halo 3 and Reach special editions, but I doubt you won't be able to find it.

If you live outside of the US, I can't give you any advice.

Don't most Walmart's stay open for 24 hours? I haven't been to one in ages, so I don't know.

My best buy had no extra LE copies of ME. In the grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter I guess. The halo LE sure looks nice. Just didn't expect it to sell out as fast as it did.

OT is great, but needs more laughs.

<3

Really looking forward to getting back into Halo, any of you crazy folks that want to play PM me your GT and I'll add you.

Yup! Frank/David from 343 have commented that due to the difficulty of the new enemies combined with learning how to combat them that normal is recommended for the first play through.

Up until now in the series it's been, "Oh! Grunt -> Elite -> Brute -> Hunter! I know how to fight these!" and with the Prometheans it's a completely new battle.

I will probably choose Normal as well, as it has been a Halo staple ( for me ) to go Normal -> Heroic -> Legendary ( with Legendary usually being co-op ).

Redford

aka Cabbie
Weird playlist with king of the hill and odd ball getting there own, but no swat or snipers.

Yeah, they definitely could use some tweaking.

I'd have a Rumble Pit include KoTH, FFA Slayer, FFA Oddball, with Regicide heavily weighted since they want to push it. Regicide looks dumb though, as a FFA player I am disappointed.

Great OT Ghaleon. Nice and short, banners are a bit of a eyesore but everything else looks good. HALO 4 BIATCHES!!!

I think it's just the whole "having to re-learn" how to play with the promethians.

I'm still going in legendary first go around.

Unless your playing with your feet who ever starts a game on 'normal' these days.

Lé Blade Runner;43812694 said:
I will probably choose Normal as well, as it has been a Halo staple ( for me ) to go Normal -> Heroic -> Legendary ( with Legendary usually being co-op ).

1st: Legendary solo
2nd: Legendary coop
3rd: Heroic solo/coop for cheevos that require it.
4th: Normal/Easy for finding all terminals/easter eggs

Morning folks... beautiful OT Ghal. :) Well done and definitely out does mine. lol... but I guess you've got the experience. :p

For those interested you can find the Halo 4 Forge |OT| here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43805956

Now that that is open I'll be spending most of my time there. ;) Hopefully we'll see a bunch of you guys join us... at least for playtesting. I'm working on a full blown post for the map I've been working on for H4 for months now (from conception to current iteration). With playable simulations in Unity in your webbrowser (well most web browsers... lol). ;) That's right foolz. :p

The map is called Think Again, successor to Think Twice.

Aesthet1c

The game itself comes with a 2 week gold pass, not sure if that was mentioned anywhere
very tired

------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the kind words on the graphics everyone

Halo!

Thanks for this! I had no idea and was ready to purchase a 1 month live sub this week, now I can wait to purchase it and save some money.

This game looks amazing. This is the first time I have been excited for a Halo game since Halo 3. You guys at 343 have done an awesome job and I'm incredibly stoked to finally play it.

Also, excellent OT Ghal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Other Halo 4 OT was better because it was more accurate. :I

I hate MLG "Pro" players with a burning passion.

Overdoziz

Banned
I hate MLG "Pro" players with a burning passion.
EX7Lb.jpg

neoism

Lé Blade Runner;43813318 said:
Unfortunately I'm not that skilled. :(

Reach Legendary solo was the easiest Halo game for me...I'm still not sure though I'd rather go through the game the first time without dieing a shit load....think I'll pussy out and go normal the first time.
God I hope so, I'm not nearly Inheritor.

Still damn Mythic

Reach had to many ranks to tell you the truth... so I'm a nova now and only have about a hand full of Reach games to plays so no max rank for me.... played for like 25 days too lol...getting to 50 will probably not take long, but the specializations being only 10 levels apiece they make take longer individually...

Top Bottom