• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Did you also think Last Resort and Standoff were crampy in Halo 3 BTB? I thought Valhalla itself was just large enough, although the pathways were quite limited for such a large number of people. Now I'm adding in sprint (some with non stop sprint) and an arsenal of rifles that can shoot base to mid with general ease this time, there's less open ends when factoring in so many players. I'm not disregarding your opinion on it, but we just see these things differently. The map was not very large in H3 for 8v8, so I'm having a hard time seeing it fit here. Exile and Longbow will be more interesting, because they have more paths for flag carriers, flanks, and vehicle routes.

I honestly don't remember, hun. I didn't get a chance to play 8v8 on Ragnarok, so maybe that doesn't work with the map because of all the gameplay changes. However, from what I did play I got the impression that 5v5 and 4v4 aren't optimal numbers for the map. 6v6 seems like the sweet spot.

xn0

I'm psyched for Halo 4 and figure I want to get the collectors edition for the map packs. However my 2 local gamestops only received 3 each (and of course are already sold) and I confirmed with my Walmart that they got 4, but after multiple calls there doesn't seem to be a way to preorder them.

Does anyone have experience with Walmart midnight releases? Could you buy the preorder card for the regular version and pick which copy you want to buy once you pick it up?

Unity2012

It takes a lot of work/time/patience and a good creative mind to put an OT like this together.

Great Job Ghaleon (and anyone else involved). Thank you!

343i has done a great job bringing us back to the Halo Universe with a new spin. The Hype is crazy and exciting at this point. I am stoked about the SP, Spartans Ops and the new additions to MP.

What seemed an endless wait is finally here. Let's do this.

Been playing Reach campaign during this last week for kicks. Still amazed how the battles can play out differently, even years later now. That's why I love Halo.

*goes dark*

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Not sure if I want to keep my LE pre order, I was mostly getting it for the maps, I have enough MS points to just buy the pass, so I'd save quite a bit. Still, I've gotten every Halo LE since I started playing the games. =/

GhaleonEB

NO ASSAULT?! What the fuck..

I was bummed about this as well, particularly Neutral Assault's demise.

But on balance I think the pared down game types will be good for matchmaking. And Extraction looks to scratch a little bit of that itch.

I'm going to really miss one-flag, though. :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
perks stuff makes me nervous, mainly because I'll be too disorganised to do them well.

Haven't been keeping up with how much rage the perk stuff will generate for multi fans, I can't say I like it in those military games which seem to result in me just getting raped by aeroplanes every 2 seconds (as I never took the game seriously).

In any case, going to celebrate this with a crate of beer, 2 tvs and a day of xbox live....

campaign is 4 player system link right (2 per console)?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OP can you add system link details to it please?

Great thread. I wonder how quickly we'll reach OT2.

-------
Bad news: I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, November 7th. Gotta try and beat the game before that, but if nothing else I'll be staying home from work on Thursday and Friday to recover (and play Halo while loopy on pain meds).

U2NUMB

-------
Bad news: I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, November 7th. Gotta try and beat the game before that, but if nothing else I'll be staying home from work on Thursday and Friday to recover (and play Halo while loopy on pain meds).

You will be good to go.. had all 4 of mine pulled a year ago and they were IN deep .. I was fully able to game for hours afterwards and of course the built in excuse to game is great.

To OP, here are the armors for MP
(Sorry it's really long)
Fotus
H4_fotus.png

Strider
H4_strider.png

Scanner
H4_scanner.png

Locus
H4_locus.png

DeadEye
H4_deadeye.png

Tracker
H4_tracker.png

Rogue
H4_rogue.png

Stalker
H4_stalker.png

Engineer
H4_engineer.png

Pathfinder
H4_pathfinder.png

Pioneer
H4_pioneer.png

Operator
H4_operator.png

Wetwork
H4_wetwork.png

Warrior
H4_warrior.png

War Master
H4_war_master.png

Venator
H4_venator.png

Vanguard
H4_vanguard.png

Soldier
H4_soldier.png

Scout
H4_scout.png

Recruit
H4_recruit.png

Recon
H4_recon.png

Ranger
H4_ranger.png

Raider
H4_raider.png

Protector
H4_protector.png

Orbital
H4_orbital.png

Oceanic
H4_oceanic.png

Mark VI
H4_mark_vi.png

Infiltrator
H4_infiltrator.png

Hazop
H4_hazop.png

Gungnir
H4_gungnir.png

EVA
H4_eva.png

EOD
H4_eod.png

Enforcer
H4_enforcer.png

Defender
H4_defender.png

Commando
H4_commando.png

CIO
H4_cio.png

Aviator
H4_aviator.png

Air Assault
H4_air_assault.png

Zoolader

Anybody think we might get more armor via dlc or waypoint achievements? Some of those helmets are neato, but most are a drastic change from previous halo titles. It would be nice to have visors with more surface area like the odst and security helmets that are nowhere to be seen, really hope we get those later somehow.

Oh and not that scrubby Reach Security helmet, the beauty that was in H3.

Spy

Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - $349.99
Halo 4 Limited Edition - $99.99
Halo 4 Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset - $299.99
Halo 4 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide - $39.99

I'm trying to justify my purchases by saying I got the Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset for free by trading in unwanted things to Gamestop, the Prima Official Game Guide for $24.99 on Amazon, and the Limited Edition copy of the game because I plan on giving my brother the regular edition that comes with the console.

I don't have a Xbox 360 so this isn't a second purchase. Oh and I picked up the LE of Forza Horizon. Can't wait.

Mr.Fresh

Guys I'm looking to get a hard drive before this game drops. Are those $30 - $50 360 hard drives on Amazon legit? Or should I just go the flash drive route?

-------

That is a perfect scenario to sit at home, on drugs, and play Halo. Damn you for your ingenuity of schedule such a procedure at such a time!

-----

Great OT Kyle! Oh, I mean Ghaleon. :p

Not even getting H4 anymore cause of how awesome AC3 is.
Jokes, the wolves will hunt.

senador

Banned
Hot damn those armor images look great. Way better looking than they've been looking from previous images and videos.

Top Bottom