• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to this, although hopefully I get power back in my apartment before the game launches. Otherwise I may just end up canceling my pre-order. :/

Reach Legendary solo was the easiest Halo game for me...I'm still not sure though I'd rather go through the game the first time without dieing a shit load....think I'll pussy out and go normal the first time.

I was able to solo Heroic in Reach without too many hitches, so I kind of agree about it being the easiest Halo. Legendary with a friend wasn't that bad, either.

For my first Halo 4 play through I just want to enjoy the story and the scenery and not worry about tactics or dying. I don't think I'm pussying out as much as just craving for a smooth ride.

GhaleonEB

OT looks excellent! I will definitely read through it while I'm waiting at the doctor's office today.

You're going to find some hilarious typos. I can tell the parts I drafted between midnight and 3:00 this morning. :lol

I'll fix'em up over the lunch hour.

L1NETT

So from what you've seen, which MP map are you all liking the looks of?

Haven. Clean, simple and looks like it is fun to play on.

Conversely, Complex is the map I am most wary off. Can't put my finger on why, but doesn't strike a chord with me.

x-Lundz-x

So are we expecting Ocarina of Time/GTAIV level of quality?

I'm expecting this to be the best Halo game released to date. As far as review scores go, my guess is going to to be that the Metacritic is in the mid 90's.

The game itself comes with a 2 week gold pass, not sure if that was mentioned anywhere
very tired

------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the kind words on the graphics everyone

Halo!

Sweet, people from 343i post here eh? The game looks phenomenal. You guys(and gals) over at 343 look like you have done what I thought would be impossible a few years ago, make a better Halo game than Bungie did. I realize I may be jumping the gun here, but I can remember how hyped I was for Halo 2, and seeing how much improved it looked over Halo CE. Then I played it and was blown away by how amazing it was over the first.

I get this same feeling from Halo 4, but two fold. Everything I have seen, read, and watched about Halo 4 tells me this is going to be the best yet.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Haven. Clean, simple and looks like it is fun to play on.

Conversely, Complex is the map I am most wary off. Can't put my finger on why, but doesn't strike a chord with me.

Yeah, same here. I had similar turmoil with Spire in Reach, and we all know how that turned out. So I guess there's reason to worry.
At worst though, I think it'll only be as bad as Snowbound in Halo 3.

I've loved Haven ever since the first BTS when it was called Wraparound.

Probably going to be my favorite map in Halo 4.

Every time I see those sections where you can drop down and the map flows towards the center, I think of Guardian, which is gud.

m23

I really hope that live stream from 343 will be archived for those of us who are at work so that we can watch later. Sometimes I wish I was back in school.

Solace looks great to me, as does Haven. So far, all the maps look like great fun but we won't know for sure until we finally play them for an extended period.

TheOddOne

Sweet, people from 343i post here eh? The game looks phenomenal. You guys(and gals) over at 343 look like you have done what I thought would be impossible a few years ago, make a better Halo game than Bungie did. I realize I may be jumping the gun here, but I can remember how hyped I was for Halo 2, and seeing how much improved it looked over Halo CE. Then I played it and was blown away by how amazing it was over the first.

I get this same feeling from Halo 4, but two fold. Everything I have seen, read, and watched about Halo 4 tells me this is going to be the best yet.
Nilla is talking about the OT banners he made, he is not a dev.

JHall

Got that part, the preorder part was what threw me.

Oh, a lot of people have been cancelling their LE edition pre-orders due to the fact the extra specializations you get with the LE, standard edition players can also get by playing on XBL by Nov 20th.

Also there was a melt down about the LE map pack pass didn't come with 2 addition helmets that you would get if you bought it on the dashboard. Which they changed now anyone who gets the map pass gets the helmets, LE or not.

The FUD series that comes with the LE is streaming through waypoint on XBL and not on an actually disk.

I cancelled my LE because I couldn't justify paying an extra $40 for a steel case, a series I can watch on youtube for free, the extra specializations I get for free on XBL now, an AR weapon skin I'll never use and some other things.

I'm probably going to buy the map pack pass on the dashboard if I really enjoy the game, overall that will save me anywhere between 15-20 dollars. I'm not trying to talk shit about people that are getting the LE, go for it if that floats your boat. I just don't see the need for it.

Shadders

Random question, but there is now a "Hail Mary" announcer callout in Oddball.. what does this mean? I guess it's a reference to an American sport?

Dave_6

I swear when I preordered the LE a few months ago it was only $79.99 but maybe I'm mistaken. If it's actually $100 I may cancel it and just get the standard one. :/

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Hypothetically if someone was to buy a legitimate copy of halo 4 on eBay and play it starting on November first would they be banned?

As far as we know they would be but if you have a legit copy post pics on here of it and what not, Frankie (stinkles) could be nice and take you off the list.

That is just a possibility though.

Homeboyd

TheOddOne and Monsterfracas also work for 314i. Elzar is legal council.

I got them to sign my grunt plushie.

Also, shaders, 1v1 in your lawn. Told you to send my copy. You didn't.

No perks.

Are there going to be any forge maps in matchmaking. IE how they made hemmorage, will there be an actual 343i map for each of the 3 forge worlds. Seems like a shame if they didnt build an actual map for each one for matchmaking.

Top Bottom