• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Woorloog

Banned
my point is my ideal loadout will be different then yours because our playstyles are different. to me, the "nade and headshot" comment speaks volumes to that, because while i could do that, in my hands getting the jump on someone with the halo 4 AR seems so much more consistent for a kill.

again, just excited to experiment. this is so far beyond reach's loadouts. also, no more AR starts vs BR starts arguments!

I think about the effiency... and the most efficient loadout is the ideal loadout. I reckon in right hands 'nade+headshot is even more consistent than the AR, as the AR's spread is random. Of course this is quite minor thing, in practice the AR will be consistent enough i think.
My preferred loadout will be "generalist" (and screw that effiency i was thinking about, no DMR). The AR as main weapon won't cut it... i'll loot them on the field if necessary or useful though.
Still waiting for my mid-range AR, one that is equal to the BR and DMR... Maybe Halo 5?

EDIT my excitement for experimentation dies due to having to buy stuff (wouldn't be an issue if there were no rank requirements) and because i can feel most combinations will be too specialized.

Kibbles

TwitchTV said I can't do my Halo 4 MP stream. Oh well the stream was making my game lag and making everything delayed/making me suck :p Although I don't think I did too bad that Valhalla game. Thanks to the admin who came in and just notified me rather than instabanning me.

MrDaravon

Do you have any idea if any games you're playing after you've hit the cap are "using" your xp games? I have no idea where, if anywhere that information is surfaced either in-game or on the website. In CoD it showed it in-game, but CoD ran on a timer and not a # of games.

You can't zoom on pieces while holding them, it makes the whole precise piece placement really sloppy.

lighting really makes a difference and no framerate issues as far as I can tell.

forge feels more sloppy, I may have to get used to it first.

nillapuddin

so I just got home from work

..where is all the talk about the CSR?

Now that they announced it everyone who was bitching before doesnt want to show support?

MrDaravon

WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING THE GAME

Mostly people in Europe. This always happens with big releases, I think with the way that distribution works out over there places always wind up shipping stuff earlier if you order online.

so I just got home from work

..where is all the talk about the CSR?

Now that they announced it everyone who was bitching before doesnt want to show support?

No one really cares because it's only visible on Waypoint, and there's already a skill rank # visible on Waypoint that no one uses as-is. Until it's easily accessible in-game either next to your name or a single button press away it's kind of useless. Better than nothing, but not by much.

MrDaravon

Haha that might be, if he changed his gamertag in the past few weeks!

CyReN could you do a video looking through the armor store so we can get a clear idea of what it's like and costs and whatnot?

They covered it a bit in the Machinima stream a while ago, a loooot of them require high levels in specific commendations. That seems like a bad idea on paper since people are just going to wind up boosting to get certain ones they would probably never get like mastering Wheelman, etc. Hard to say though.

Yeah looking at your profile online you've played seven hours of MM and 3 of Campaign.

I think 10 hours of straight gameplay to hit your xp limit is fair.

Yup, that erases my concerns about that. Still curious if it uses up your double xp games after you hit the cap or not though.

I am at SR-14 and have been playing for about 4~ hours.. how the hell did you hit 25 in a "few straight hours"

Yeah looking at your profile online you've played seven hours of MM and 3 of Campaign.

I think 10 hours of straight gameplay to hit your xp limit is fair.

edit: this is for wwwwmmmonkeys

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They covered it a bit in the Machinima stream a while ago, a loooot of them require high levels in specific commendations. That seems like a bad idea on paper since people are just going to wind up boosting to get certain ones they would probably never get like mastering Wheelman, etc. Hard to say though.
Yeah this seems like a terrible idea and they're just going to end up having people boosting plasma pistol kills, etc.

I just hope they don't encourage too disruptive play. Encouraging people to try out new guns is fine though.

MrDaravon

Yeah this seems like a terrible idea and they're just going to end up having people boosting plasma pistol kills, etc.

I just hope they don't encourage too disruptive play. Encouraging people to try out new guns is fine though.

I can't remember a lot of the specific ones, I know it was things like Master Multikill, Master Wheelman, etc. I didn't get the impression that any of them was as inane as getting plasma pistol kills or something like that. The one I remember they called out as seeming really rough is there's one for getting a specific Commendation rank (can't remember if it was Master or not) for Protector. I think most of them will be fine, but it seems like there's a couple of very specific ones that people might wind up abusing a bit. In Reach it was a non-issue since Commendations were just tied to cR, now that they're tied to rewards people want it could potentially be an issue. It could also really be nothing though, hard to say.

I was literally never able to get the one armor piece I really wanted in Reach, so I've already set my expectations low for getting everything in 4 lol.

Rev3rb

I'm happy!

yea-fuck-yea.gif

MrDaravon

Lol @ dude inviting you to play Halo 3

Trolling people with game invites is where it's at. I used to have a copy of Perfect Dark Zero specifically for this purpose.

Also totally forget to ask, do we know if either the coffee cup or Runes emblems are in this yet? I used Runes up until Reach, but switched to the coffee cup there (can't remember if Runes was in Reach or not).

Can someone link me to that 57-minute or so stream of Halo 4? It involved weird audio not being turned on until later, needler wasting overshield guys, and the mantis cleaning up shop.

Top Bottom