• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Xamdou

So Spartan Ops are episodic content, 10-20 minutes missions each and released every week for 10 weeks according to that Majornelson video.

Lol I'm actually going to be eating and drinking Mtn Dew and Doritos while playing this game for the first time. Dat publicity has been effective.

Kevin

Is there expected to be anymore Limited Edition copies in print or are they just going to become super rare like the Diablo 3: Collector's Editions?

I have seen an HD video from the first level... OMG, the game is astounding, easily can rivaling with any other game from any console...

>>>INCOMING TRANSMISSION<<<

Mayday. Mayday. Mayday. This is UNSC GAF two zero one Backwards Into Sunset requesting immediate input. Prizes aboard. Prioritization code victor zero five dorito three dash sierra mist one one seven.

Advise all UNSC personnel within range to assume the emergency contest submission position (pictured) and complete one or more of the following objectives:
- Use image manipulation software to establish a humorous variation of existing crew photographs.
- Subvert any official press imagery with unintended meanings.
- Use standard issue paint software to create amusingly low-fidelity iconography.
- Or just add a freaking meme caption to a Halo 4 photo.

Required submission method: Electronic mail.

Further instructions can be reviewed at the following uniform resource locator: >>>HaloGAF.com<<<

Current entry count: ZERO
Submission window closes at 1700 EST 11-04-2012.

In the event that no entries are received, prize ordnance will be dropped on unsuspecting local midnight launch attendees who probably have no idea who Sparth is and will simply assume he is a candidate for public office.

first_place.jpg

Returning to radio silence. Further contact can be made on secure channels.

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

If you like to collect, and are a fan of Halo this has been a good year. There are offerings from McFarlane, Sqaure Enix, ThreeA, Sideshow and others. I am particularly fond of the statues..

--

There is the Sideshow Halo CEA Master Chief statue:

It is limited edition of 1050 if you include both variants and costs $399

--

(FUD episode 5 spoilers)
McFarlane is offering a resin statue from Forward Unto Dawn that is 14inches tall, limited to 500 pieces and costs $225. If you haven't seen the show and plan to, do not look at the pictures until then as this is from a climatic scene.

To avoid spoilers I have cropped the pictures:

--

And finally, Sideshow has just begun to tease a new Halo 4 Cortana statue!

I had to skip the MC sideshow piece due to price, but I have preordered the McFarlane statue and I really think I will do the same with Cortana (depending on price and how it looks.)

It is pretty easy to get the game early at small independent retailers.

Were it so easy.

Head armor: 70+
Torso armor: 66+
Shoulders: 66+
Forearms and leg armors: 17
Visors: 17
2 coats of 29 primary and secondary colors
8 Trillion armor and color combinations!

Source: http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/vid...tion-mlg-dr-pepper-ultimate-access-first-look

Your welcome.

Thats the first time I have seen the exact numbers. They are a bit misleading as different skins count as different armor, but it is still some insane customization.

So I'm officially annoyed with street dates now.

Seems like a good number of people have grabbed the game early - including a couple of friends here in Australia (they claim they know people working in a store etc... who knows). The rest of us suckers sit here and wait.

Back to the streams.

Oh really? I thought I saw on the MLG stream someone with a damage boost die and still had a bit of it left after respawning. Oh well.

Let me double check next game, i'll let you know

Just died with Speed Boost and 100% re spawned without it

So what's the best place I can read up on summaries on everything Halo in chronological order? Meaning from Reach all the way to starting H4, including summaries of the all the books?

-PXG-

I'm ready for Halo's return. If this brings back Halo 2 level hype and fun, I'll be hooked. So glad I have off Tuesday. Plus, my internet is back :D

Spazznid

A friend of mine is telling me this game runs at 60 fps...

First I was like lawl, no way...

Then I re-watched some vids and am not sure. who has it and is multiplayer at least in 60 fps? not a must, but would be sweet...

-PXG-

Then I re-watched some vids and am not sure. who has it and is multiplayer at least in 60 fps? not a must, but would be sweet...

GAF would be shitting itself if this game was 60fps. If it was, trust me, you'd know.

It isn't

Trey

30fps locked.

Seance

Banned
Here's the VoD from today MLG Halo 4 event.

• Fiesta FFA
  • MLG Feature FFA 1
  • MLG Feature FFA 2
  • Classic Match: Str8 Rippin vs. Triggers Down
  • Grifball/Flood/Regicide/Swat w/ Kevin Franklin
  • Europe vs.Australia
  • Status Quo vs. Ambush
  • Ogre 2/Elamite vs. Roy/Lunchbox

MLG Dallas Halo 4 Friday Broadcast

10:27 - Pre game show
21:45 - Fiesta FFA
48:00 - MLG FFA (Haven)
1:13:17 - MLG FFA Game 2 (Abandon)
1:33:00 - Kevin Franklin and Puckett
1:59:37 - MLG Classic game 1
2:11:22 - MLG Classic Game 2
2:32:35 - MLG Classic Game 3
2:59:56 - Griffball
3:11:50 - Flood
3:24:30 - Regecide
3:35:10 - SWAT
3:50:06 - Immunity v Western Wolves
3:53:50 - Game 1
4:06:58 - Game 2
4:25:43 - Game 3
4:38:00 - Game 4
4:58:54 - Game 5
5:20:00 - Ambush v sQ Game 1
5:31:30 - Game 2
5:55:30 - Roybox v 2gre/Elamite
5:58:05 - Game 1 (and only)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Maybe he meant Battle Rifle...

Color of MC seems really off. Or maybe that's because of the lighting MC is in throughout the series.

It does seem to be a pinch lighter than the armor in FUD.. The statue seems to be colored closer to the Halo Wars Spartans rather than the darker forest green of MC in FUD. Still, I think it looks really good so I'll take it. If they do decide to splatter it with some blood or add some wear and tear I wouldn't mind as it could help the color of the armor pop. Also, the visor could probably look better, but its hard to do that right on a smaller scale.

feel

What's with the constant obsession with how many hours does it take to beat it? It's been said over and over that Halo 4 is roughly the same length as every other Halo game.

Ken

What's with the constant obsession with how many hours does it take to beat it? It's been said over and over that Halo 4 is roughly the same length as every other Halo game.

People need to plan every second of November 6th to maximize efficiency of Halo 4 playtime before needing to return to the real world.

Victrix

*beard*
So if they're banning for racism and sexism, are they going to ban the Machinima stream they sponsored?

edit: "I'm gonna go back to Halo Reach"

Jesus this guy is whiny

Top Bottom