• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

TheOddOne

Ugly-ass shit. I mean, ship.
It wouldn't even fit Halo, UNSC ships are more angular, Covenant ships are more purple and don't have protrusions like Promethey's engines (fins are fine, no pun based on my nationality intended).
UNSC got new manufacturers!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
MAC guns will erase those quickly.

Infinity is a flying brick, UNSC ships should stay that way.

image.php

what's this?

MAC guns will erase those quickly.

Infinity is a flying brick, UNSC ships should stay that way.

Actually, 38 helmets, not counting skins.

Hushhhh. That's still over 70 options, 76 if they went with two helmet designs apiece. You have to admit that's damn impressive, regardless of the quality of them - which is subjective anyways, mind you.

I would love if for Halo 5 we got something like:

100 Helmets (50 Designs with 2 skins apiece)
100 Chestplates (50 designs with 2 skins apiece)
100 Shoulder Armor (50 designs with 2 skins)
50 Forearm Armor (50 designs, 2 skins)
50 Leg Armor (you know what i'm gonna say don't you)
25 Visor

And at the start of the game, we have access to:
10 Helmets
10 Chests
10 Shoulders
5 Forearms
5 Legs
2 Visors

So that there's still some diversity early on and then we can slowly watch people blossom out into more unique designs.

How do we change skin colors? Is it just a universal "Armor Detail" feature like in 3?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I would love if for Halo 5 we got something like:

100 Helmets (50 Designs with 2 skins apiece)
100 Chestplates (50 designs with 2 skins apiece)
100 Shoulder Armor (50 designs with 2 skins)
50 Forearm Armor (50 designs, 2 skins)
50 Leg Armor (you know what i'm gonna say don't you)
25 Visor

And at the start of the game, we have access to:
10 Helmets
10 Chests
10 Shoulders
5 Forearms
5 Legs
2 Visors

So that there's still some diversity early on and then we can slowly watch people blossom out into more unique designs.

How do we change skin colors? Is it just a universal "Armor Detail" feature like in 3?

to add to this, how about a forza-like "vinyl editor" to create our own skins. limit it to a handful of layers (if necessary) and a single color, so we still have just primary (background armor) and secondary (user-created "vinyl" skin)

I really wonder if Halo 5 will be to 4 as 2 was to CE

Playable Promethean Knights and Elites?

Dual wielding?

Finally adding the Jackal's hard point shield (as a weapon like CoD's riot shield), like how 2 added the Sword?

Some new vehicles?

A much worse campaign?
:p

It may be early to start thinking about Halo 5, but with how great a start to the trilogy 4 is turning out to be, it makes me really excited to think in what ways they'll be able to improve on it, not only with more time to add stuff that didn't make the cut for 4, not only with all the enhancements they'll be able to make with hindsight, but just imagine what the jump in tech will allow 343 to do, seeing how much power they wrung out of the aging 360

2San

Is it because they're just so used to Reach? I don't know if the pros/cons have been weighed for each weapon at the competitive level yet.
I think that's it. Reach's DMR doesn't seem all that different from H4's DMR. H4's DMR seems to have a lower bloom as well. So a slightly improved version of a weapon you're used to playing seems the obvious way to go in an unfamiliar game.

HiiiLife

I just watched a video on BravoMLG and comments were complaining that the DMR is so much better than the BR. Hope that's not the case.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I just watched a video on BravoMLG and comments were complaining that the DMR is so much better than the BR. Hope that's not the case.

even if the dmr > br in the pro's hands, doesnt mean most players will feel the same way...

Top Bottom