• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Seance

Banned
What's with the constant obsession with how many hours does it take to beat it? It's been said over and over that Halo 4 is roughly the same length as every other Halo game.

Not obsessed. The man has played through it on legendary solo, I plan to do the same. Just want his impressions on how grueling/easy it is compared to others.

Ken

So if they're banning for racism and sexism, are they going to ban the Machinima stream they sponsored?

edit: "I'm gonna go back to Halo Reach"

Jesus this guy is whiny

I hope so because I didn't want to watch anymore of that guy yelling like every other XBL random.

Lunchbox

Banned
I hope so because I didn't want to watch anymore of that guy yelling like every other XBL random.
what you dont like the crew they have?

guy on fishstick:
how you throw nades
left trigger
left trigger dont work
10 mins later
OH ITS RB, why they make it so hard

guy with fauxhawk
chases dude shooting him with a br with his sword
reach is when i started playing halo
this games cool, but i dont know. i like it, but this definitely isnt call of duty

new guy
i play ps3

loud guy
BITCH BICTH SOMEBODY GONE DIE

Victrix

*beard*
Someone get me an early copy of the game and I'll stream it at higher res, higher framerate, and with less godawful commentary :|

DrBo42

So if they're banning for racism and sexism, are they going to ban the Machinima stream they sponsored?

edit: "I'm gonna go back to Halo Reach"

Jesus this guy is whiny

Seriously. "What am I supposed to do? I die in 2 shots." Come on buddy.

Falifax

"Black Ops 2 is not going to be the best shooter of the year? Go fuck ya self! Halo 4 is a great game but nothing special"

Somebody get the MAC cannon online.

Omni

Not relevant to the stream.

I preordered online from EB games, but am picking it up from the store on release day. Does anyone know if I'll need to print out the email receipt that I received? Don't have a printer at the moment and don't want to get there on Tuesday only to be turned down.

DrBo42

I preordered online from EB games, but am picking it up from the store on release day. Does anyone know if I'll need to print out the email receipt that I received? Don't have a printer at the moment and don't want to get there on Tuesday only to be turned down.

That would be your fastest option but if you have a smartphone, you can show them the email confirmation.

Tetrasides

Neo Member

It should be saved to your EB World card if you have one.

Duji

The retail copy of H4 doesn't have fine tuning in forge (when you hold the stick in). **crosses fingers for patch**

nillapuddin

I honestly hope the people who matter at machinima find out about the quality of this stream

This stream was pullin 4K consistently since Ive been watching, its down to less than 800 right now. its because of these hosts.

the "hosts" are not talking about halo, they know nothing about it, they are completely disinterested, at one point one of them said "if you use firefox, go lock yourself in your closet, pull out your "9" and kill yourself"

seriously?
wow.

I honestly hope these people are penalized in some fashion.,

edit:
"im just saying, princess peach runs to bowser because he has a big ass dick"

this is happening, in a halo stream.

paischtu

Neo Member
Anyone know about stores in France/Germany/Belgium selling the game already?

Also is the PAL release Multi-Language? Don't want to end up with some french version ~.~

EvB

Anyone know about stores in France/Germany/Belgium selling the game already?

Also is the PAL release Multi-Language? Don't want to end up with some french version ~.~

Somebody Said they had the German version and it was 100% German language.

jTRVz.png

Halo taking over GAF.

Spitz

Thats true i have the Austrian Version and if you set the region and language to UK only the menus and subtitles are English the voices are still German.

paischtu

Neo Member

Damn that sucks because I live in Luxembourg and the Government is in French so the retailers think we want the French only Versions.. Guess I'm going to have to order a copy from amazon.co.uk.

Thanks anyways dude!

Seance

Banned
True story:

Got a email yesterday morning saying that my copy was ready. Holy shit.
So I go to the store after work but the guys there say I can't have it until Tuesday. I then show them the email, they say there must have been a mistake made. I proceed to convince them I'm supposed to get the game early because i'm meant to do a pre-launch review of Halo 4. These guys get me talk to the manager about it. They're all convinced i'm telling the truth but still wouldn't give me the game because they didn't want to risk it without the go-ahead from their higher ups ( Who were unavailable after 5 on a friday ).

/sadpanda

Marco1

Just received my LE game but decided to chance it by throwing it on local free ads for a markup as my xbox 360 won't arrive until Tuesday.

ShinAmano

Just finished watching FUD with my wife (she really enjoyed it and usually hates anything game related) anyhow I am now in full on can't sleep mode from the hype...thanks Halo.

I may be blind, but couldn't see anything regarding a campaign scoring/meta-game like in Halo 3 and Reach in the OP, which was awesome.

I hope this mode is still available! Anyone know?

Trey

I may be blind, but couldn't see anything regarding a campaign scoring/meta-game like in Halo 3 and Reach in the OP, which was awesome.

Sadly it was cut, but 343 is saying they're looking at restoring those legacy features (alongside other housework) in title updates down the road.

TheOddOne

It is not in game, maybe down the line they might add it.
Is it true that Theater isn't available in Campaign and Opartan ops? If so, what was the reasoning behind this and will there be a future patch or download to fix this?

Theater Mode in Campaign did not make the cut for launch for various reasons of scheduling, rendering issues and some significant engine changes. However, we are treating Title Updates very differently for Halo 4 and rather than simply using them as opportunities for simple big fixes, we are thinking of them as a way to sustain and grow features and options, so it is possible you could see Saved Films made available for Campaign (as well as some other significant features) at some time in the not-too-distant future, but that's yet to be determined.

Sadly it was cut, but 343 is saying they're looking at restoring those legacy features (alongside other housework) in title updates down the road.

Ok, not a deal breaker day one, but great for replay, at least the chance of it coming down the line is something...

thanks.

FyreWulff

Halo 4 Premium theme codes

JWRJX-7R7H6-WJ6W6-XKFMT-DYCRZ
MM4WY-6F92G-DWHHQ-6XKQY-CJF6Z
9KHQD-WMMYX-Y6YR6-2V7JV-M4KMZ
67H7P-K7JGX-9W7D3-XF6G9-6P3GZ

It's the Haven theme from the Gamestop preorder voting

Might be able to grab the game in a couple of hours. Tempted to get it early even though I also have an LE ordered in full at EB.

Bah. Too much hype for me around this game!

Man

Do we know abouts how many Bungie employees transferred to 343i? Frankie obviously but I don't recognise any others in the vidocs.

Top Bottom