• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Jb

Been listening to the deluxe OST and I gotta say, as good and memorable as Marty's work has been this is pretty awesome stuff too. I can't wait to see how it's going to be used in the campaign.
Although I'm still not sure if there's a theme in there that Neil is going to use throughout the trilogy (maybe Awakening?).

Been listening to the deluxe OST and I gotta say, as good and memorable as Marty's work has been this is pretty awesome stuff too. I can't wait to see how it's going to be used in the campaign.
Although I'm still not sure if there's a theme in there that Neil is going to use throughout the trilogy (maybe Awakening?).

I was hearing the To Galaxy motif a lot during FUD. I can't remember what it was specifically, but I seem to remember a couple of themes repeating across songs.

Overall, despite my first impressions, it's a great soundtrack and succeeds in being its own take on Halo in the same way that Halo 4 itself seems to.

GavinGT

Banned
That kinda seems like a fuckup if the BR isn't superior at shorter distances, otherwise why use it?

There are essentially four weapons filling the same purpose (BR, DMR, carbine, light rifle). I'm sure they each have their pros and cons, but most people seem to prefer DMR over BR right now. Then again, BR and DMR are available earlier on, so it's hard to say what people will tend towards once they've unlocked everything (light rifle is the last to unlock out of the four).

For me, the DMR seemed more reliable, since I only had to ensure that 1 bullet hit rather than the entire spread of BR shots.

Lanbeast

For those doing last minute pre-orders:

I just did mine with the Microsoft Store to get the $25 credit towards my next purchase, which I wanted to put towards Black Ops 2. The confirmation states that I should get the code by Nov. 9th, which is in time to do the pre-order. That means Halo 4 and Pulse Skin for $60, Blops 2 for $35 + 1600 MS points.

EvxvA.png

Mad jelly at you guys that already have the game though.
LLShC.gif

QP3

For those doing last minute pre-orders:

I just did mine with the Microsoft Store to get the $25 credit towards my next purchase, which I wanted to put towards Black Ops 2. The confirmation states that I should get the code by Nov. 9th, which is in time to do the pre-order. That means Halo 4 and Pulse Skin for $60, Blops 2 for $35 + 1600 MS points.

EvxvA.png

Mad jelly at you guys that already have the game though.
LLShC.gif

This seems like a great deal, especially if you were planning on buy Blops 2. question though: where did the 1600 MS points come from?

Lanbeast

This seems like a great deal, especially if you were planning on buy Blops 2. question though: where did the 1600 MS points come from?

1600 MS points is the preorder bonus for Black Ops 2. Oh, and you get another $10 towards your next MS store purchase.

MrDaravon

That Killionaire clip shows how Regicide changes the FFA dynamic. In previous games he never would have gotten that, it happened here because people were funneling to him because the game was pointing him out. Not saying it's for better or for worse, but an interesting observation.

Yager

Banned
For me, the thing about "DMR or BR?" it's pretty simple: DMR is a great weapon for long-dinstance, but BR is better at middle. So deppending on the map I choose one or the other (i.e: Complex: DMR; Haven: BR).

For me, the thing about "DMR or BR?" it's pretty simple: DMR is a great weapon for long-dinstance, but BR is better at middle. So deppending on the map I choose one or the other (i.e: Complex: DMR; Haven: BR).

And the Carbine is acceptable at both long and middle!

Right...?

:(

QP3

1600 MS points is the preorder bonus for Black Ops 2. Oh, and you get another $10 towards your next MS store purchase.

Good god, that's not a bad deal. Unfortunately I already have Blops 2 pre ordered at Gamestop...does anyone know their policies if I were to cancel? I am assuming I wont be able to get all the money back...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the space forge map, relay, looks great IMO. but it wont be in matchmaking? does it come with the game for customs only (currently)?

the dmr looks a bit too dominant on that map though, looks like that is a map that would be better off with BRs only

neoism

anyone with the game can you tell me if the runes emblem is useable from the start.. or unlockable...
tumblr_lkykvmmouq1qhzeje.jpg

anyone with kind heart please answer this for me...

The thing I don't like about regicide is that the guy who wins the game doesn't have to be the player with the most kills. When I played it at an event, I barely won the game with 25 kills and 10 deaths while the number 2 player didn't even went positive.

Played 2 hrs of the multiplayer. At first I was concerned with the announcement of the additions of ordinance drops, load outs etc. (like everyond else) almost sounded to much like COD. After my first game, I was absolutely sold on halo 4 multiplayer. I can see myself playing this for years to come, unlike Reach. Sorry BLOPS 2.

op_ivy

didnt realize the storm rifle is an ordnance weapon.... is it any good? i assumed its was simply a variation on the AR and selectable in your loadout.

didnt realize the storm rifle is an ordnance weapon.... is it any good? i assumed its was simply a variation on the AR and selectable in your loadout.
No, it's not. MLG set up custom ordnance drops for their event, apparently storm rifle and plasma pistol, etc. are included in that. Storm rifle is a primary weapon that can be used in your loadouts.

GavinGT

Banned

I don't care for it. It's basically a plasma version of an AR, but it feels less powerful.

op_ivy

i went 25-0 in reach last night - with 2 of my teammates trying to betrayal me at a few points throughout the match. i'm actually excited they got rid of friendly fire, soooo many assholes on live.

That EGM review did some damage:

mOHoB.png

I wouldn't mind if his main complaint wasn't "No iron sights, too many open environments and not enough explosions"

Top Bottom