• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Blueblur1

Also hardlight shield isn't a toggle, making another AA that's impaired for bumper jumper. Why you gotta do this to me.
Stinkles, please tell your people to consider adding the option for a toggle for certain armor abilities. This kind of stuff puts Bumper Jumper folks at a disadvantage.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The only, I repeat only use for Metacritic is getting a general sense of whether a game is good or bad.

I like to think of Metacritic scores as a rating of good the game is, combined with a rating of how hard the gaming PR will step on that publication's nutsack if they say it's not.

Real men play Recon.

This just keeps proving itself over and over again.

Putting reload on a bumper is a waste of a bumper. Bumper jumper is still the overall best control scheme.

No Jetpacks in slayer pro. Melee and jump are just not good on the control pad. But if you are jetpacking all the time, I guess...

Fishstick plays interesting, definitely the COD scheme.

Don't know I like jumping and the ability to aim without clawing, but it seems that it will be again really stupid to use AAs with BJ, so I have to see if I switch

It will depends on what AA you like and find useful. I've never cared for jetpack so for me it is no big deal however I can see the uses for HLS for objective types.

The only AAs that need a bumper to use effectively are:

Jetpack
Hardlight Shield

Everything else fine:

Holo
Regen
Camo
Thruster
Sentry
ProVision(TM)

The real question, is do you plan to use Jetpack all the time? Its a pretty compelling argument because its one of the best abilities.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The only AAs that need a bumper to use effectively are:

Jetpack
Hardlight Shield

Everything else fine:

Holo
Regen
Camo
Thruster
Sentry
ProVision(TM)

The real question, is do you plan to use Jetpack all the time? Its a pretty compelling argument because its one of the best abilities.

Well shit. I never really liked using jetpack that often so that never bother me, but I was panning on using the hard light shield a fair amount....

Fuck.

Relay seems to be a very good map. I wonder why they will not have that map in matchmaking. I understand not having forge maps in matchmaking from the start, but I hope they put this one in it because it seems quite good.

bitoriginal

Managed to snag a copy from an independent game shop in my area, hell yes. Played the first mission, graphics are amazing and ui is snappy, don't think I'll leave the house tonight.

Well shit. I never really liked using jetpack that often so that never bother me, but I was panning on using the hard light shield a fair amount....

Fuck.

You're going to want to be able to look around while you have the shield out.

Also, Sentry and Thruster are quite good for campaign. I think they nerfed thruster versus campaign a bit too much, my guess is that it will be the least used AA. Future buff, prediction.

GavinGT

Banned

Fuck.

The thing with the hard light shield is that the player's shields don't regenerate when it's out. So you really only need it in order to back up into cover. I suppose you would still want to be able to turn in some cases, though.

Still, I wish they had just let us customize every button. None of the control schemes were exactly what I wanted when I first looked at them, although I got used to default pretty quickly. I was initially thrown by the fact that crouch is mapped to B, but since crouch-jumping is now gone it doesn't really need to be on L3 any more.

yodandy

Quick question. Can I play split screen campaign co-op over live?

Me and a friend on 1 Xbox, then the others on their own XBs via live?

I haven't looked at the MP maps yet, but given what I'm seeing in SP the water does have dynamic interactive rippling. Ragnarok is saved! Probably.

Quick question. Can I play split screen campaign co-op over live?

Me and a friend on 1 Xbox, then the others on their own XBs via live?

Yes.

I'm so salty at you guys for getting it early.

Oh well, getting the LE game and console on launch will make up for it. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Don't know I like jumping and the ability to aim without clawing, but it seems that it will be again really stupid to use AAs with BJ, so I have to see if I switch

You don't have to claw. Just move your thumbs quickly.

Real men play Recon.

This just keeps proving itself over and over again.

A man after my own heart.

5rf0u.gif

On the plus side to HLS it doesn't seem like you can use it to stall for shield recharging at least. Dunno if it's tied to the HLS being shot or just simply being active, but while it's out it seems like my shield timer is paused.

Edit: Just tested it. Whipping out HLS does pause shield recharge timer.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I was able to snag a reserve for the limited edition this morning. Hopefully, I won't have Cat Helmet remorse afterwards.

beanman25

IF anyone wants to play some MP later, add BobRichards91. I'm currently playing NHL money games, but would be down for MP tonight.

I'm not the best mind you, but am not horrible. haha

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm considering switching from BJ to Default in Halo 4. But damn, having jump on a bumper is so nice...

I really wish Sprint & Reload were swapped on Recon...
I wish I could just customize my own control scheme. I'd take Bumper Jumper and make it:

AA : Right Bumper
Melee : B
Reload : X

And then everything else the same.

Top Bottom