• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

danwarb

More specifically though, running Halo CE and Halo 2 on PC at 60+ FPS never felt quite right. Where as most games do indeed feel better, something always felt off to me.
Were the physics and animation stuck at 30fps? I think that was true for the first game.

sp3000

Well it is a power weapon lol

Yeah but even with a rocket launcher you could never get that many people since it had limited ammo

It was sort of funny of everyone was just running into you though

Is the boltshot one shot kill, it seems like that from this video

wwm0nkey

Yeah but even with a rocket launcher you could never get that many people since it had limited ammo

It was sort of funny of everyone was just running into you though

Is the boltshot one shot kill, it seems like that from this video

They just didn't stop coming! lol

Also yeah when you charge it is a one shot but at VERY close range.

wwm0nkey

DAT FORERUNNER PISTOL RANGE.

One hitting people from metres away, jesus.

BR, Bolt Shot, Regen, Resupply and Dexterity = God like

Also if you guys want Regen field be aware Regen field should ONLY be used to kick start your shield recharge too, drop it and get out because your shields recharge slower in there, its amazing to get right back into battle.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So MP content is cool? Awesome.

Just uploaded a BTB match on Exile.

great video, thanks.

you must have been raging to keep going after the saw guy only to die :p

regen looks to be an excellent AA. get a kill, use it to get your shields recharged, so you arent taken out by his buddy rounding the corner. looks like you just need to stand in it briefly to get your shields to begin their recharge and then you can leave it too.

and you've convinced me that the boltshot is the fucking secondary to go with, great kills.

wwm0nkey

great video, thanks.

you must have been raging to keep going after the saw guy only to die :p

regen looks to be an excellent AA. get a kill, use it to get your shields recharged, so you arent taken out by his buddy rounding the corner. looks like you just need to stand in it briefly to get your shields to begin their recharge and then you can leave it too.

and you've convinced me that the boltshot is the fucking secondary to go with, great kills.

Got him back more than a few times :)

Thats why I use that and dexterity, gets me right in and out of combat when I need it to.

Its good but you have to be right on the mark with it.

op_ivy

Thats why I use that and dexterity, gets me right in and out of combat when I need it to.

not only did you make regen look useful, i can only imagine that its usefulness is greatly multiplied when playing with a coordinated team where everyone can quickly get back into the fight with full shields off of your AA while they get the benefits of using something else too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Have you had a chance to mess around with the turret?

I'm curious how they'll balance it without making it too powerful or too vulnerable to provide enough suppressive fire.

wwm0nkey

not only did you make regen look useful, i can only imagine that its usefulness is greatly multiplied when playing with a coordinated team where everyone can quickly get back into the fight with full shields off of your AA while they get the benefits of using something else too.

Its not really even cheap too, its easy to be killed in it and its only usefulness is to get you back out there faster. So far I have not had an issue with any AA in the game.

op_ivy

Its not really even cheap too, its easy to be killed in it and its only usefulness is to get you back out there faster. So far I have not had an issue with any AA in the game.

how does it work coupled with the quicker shield regen perk too?

and if you could check out the turrets in 4 too i'd also appreciate it. i think they are supposed to be considerably better

Hixx

Boooo, game just crashed my console. Up to the second mission, enjoying it. Sometimes the game can look amazing, others it can look ugly as fuck.

Oh man I was like 30 mins into the mission, have to start from the beginning. :/

wwm0nkey

Good to hear.

Just from the core mechanics, it looks like the best Halo MP ever IMO. No more SMG/AR starts, hitscan, my body is frankie.

I know I am in the Honeymoon phase right now but I have not had this much fun since Halo 2 and I really like how all the different play styles work together.

RdN

frankie I asked a few times and got ignored... will the game be reset stat and rank wise on launch day or will I have the pleasure of playing 40s and 50s.....

That's actually a great question.

Fair thing would be a reset, but I doubt it will happen.

MrBig

Good to hear.

Just from the core mechanics, it looks like the best Halo MP ever IMO. No more SMG/AR starts, hitscan, drop in/out, etc. my body is frankie.

Time for this to be posted again?

frankie_saves.jpg

I think the E3 hype last year was last time it was posted. Or the TU.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Trust me, your hype shall be rewarded. This game is amazing.
How does Exile play? I noticed that you mostly stuck around the caves in the cliff walls. Do all the vehicles make it too risky to run out? How does the map feel in 8v8?

op_ivy

How does Exile play? I noticed that you mostly stuck around the caves in the cliff walls. Do all the vehicles make it too risky to run out? How does the map feel in 8v8?

get us some BTB warthog rape footage please.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just realized every time a Halo game comes out I look at the gun sounds and go "oh my god how did they get them to sound THAT much better?!"

Halo 4 following this pattern. At this rate they could just be revolving between the same few awesome sounds for guns and I would still be amazed every time I'd think.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So is this the first time pros at MLG are playing Halo 4, or did they get the early copy special treatment too?

wwm0nkey

Outside is mostly for vehicles but there is enough room to move around to get to closed quarters.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So is this the first time pros at MLG are playing Halo 4, or did they get the early copy special treatment too?

A few guys have played it before, but not just MLG people. Also I will ask about stat reset, I don't think so but it's only a few thousand people grinding right now. You won't be matched against them initially, so I wouldn't fret.

Metacritic is garbage and it is a shame it has such a hold on the industry.

Well, it sucks that its weighted, and it sucks that pay bonuses can be based on it, but its not an awful site/idea.

Kill cams seem more accurate now, SAW still looses audio if you were killed by it.

Cool stuff about the Kill Cams. Too bad the sound bug is still in..

SpOps are pretty condensed, the first one was pretty big and with lots of vehicles.

Most people playing now are european but you can definitely tell how big of an improvement is, Reach was unplayable for me.

lots of fun

Ok, thats really good to hear about connection.. FF and SP online co-op was a pain due to netcode.

So MP content is cool? Awesome.

Just uploaded a BTB match on Exile.

The Boltshot looks amazing...thanks for uploading!

A few guys have played it before, but not just MLG people. Also I will ask about stat reset, I don't think so but it's only a few thousand people grinding right now. You won't be matched against them initially, so I wouldn't fret.

think he was talking about when you guys put in the update for ranks.

Top Bottom