• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Looks like it made BTB A LOT more stable?

It has been out for like three minutes, how can you tell already?

Every BTB game I have joined was horribly laggy, seems stable now.

I think this is a placebo effect. Even if it wasn't, you can't form an opinion on the stability of a BTB match within the first couple of minutes. I mean maybe I am wrong and they did do an overhaul to the netcode on this patch, but I doubt it.

Edit: Can't play with my friend, heh. Anyway to force the update?

si6y0l.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Played my first infinity slayer

As odd a it sounds, the multi may play better than single player

With that said I felt totally overwhelmed being forced to start with AR on my first match, same with my AA

I did get tops on my team, though - cant understate that first awkward match, though

That EGM review did some damage:

mOHoB.png

I wouldn't mind if his main complaint wasn't "No iron sights, too many open environments and not enough explosions"

I wonder what will take the lion's share of GOTY awards this year. If it weren't for the backlash I'd say Mass Effect 3, but now I'm honestly thinking Journey is the frontrunner.

I wonder what will take the lion's share of GOTY awards this year. If it weren't for the backlash I'd say Mass Effect 3, but now I'm honestly thinking Journey is the frontrunner.

Some how I highly doubt that, games like that never seem to win the majority of GOTY awards.

Edit: I had to look up what game that was too since I had never heard of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some how I highly doubt that, games like that never seem to win the majority of GOTY awards.
Yeah, DD and games that come out at the beginning/first half of the year are inherently at a disadvantage.

I think it will be between Halo 4 and Dishonored. AC3 ended up being full of way too many bugs to be in contention, Mass Effect 3's ending clouded any rational judgement of the game as a whole and no outlet will want the wrath of angry fans once more again, reviewers seemed to have odd comments about Borderlands 2, and I don't think CoD will be a factor.

Rev3rb

Yeah, DD and games that come out at the beginning/first half of the year are inherently at a disadvantage.

I think it will be between Halo 4 and Dishonored. AC3 ended up being full of way too many bugs to be in contention, Mass Effect 3's ending clouded any rational judgement of the game as a whole and no outlet will want the wrath of angry fans once more again, reviewers seemed to have odd comments about Borderlands 2, and I don't think CoD will be a factor.

And GoTY goes to... CoD!

I can see XCOM and Dishonored doing pretty well. Borderlands 2 is also a big one. Maybe I'm biased but I don't see ME3 getting many Goaties.

Mark of the Ninja and Tokyo Jungle might do well but not number 1.

My prediction is that Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Halo 4, Fez, BLands 2, Sleeping Dogs and XCOM are gonna be the big ones we see over and over again on most sites' lists.

Lingitiz

Its likely to be Halo, Dishonored, XCOM, Borderlands, maybe Guild Wars and Diablo.

Also, fuck metascore. Sleeping Dogs is my favorite game of the year and ita got an 80.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And GoTY goes to... CoD!
I feel there's a stigma against CoD in terms of GotY awards. People don't want CoD to represent the genre, or excellence in the genre because of the stagnation which is hard to factor into reviews. Same reason why I think Dishonored will get a ton of praise, it's the gaming media's golden child for the fall.

It seems to be the one game this year that everybody loved (not everybody, but you know what I mean).

Reach didn't win anything, so I doubt this will do much better. IGN is a good chance though. ME3 as I mentioned has all that backlash. Same with Diablo. AC III is simply not good enough. And I think most people are over Dishonored already. Unbelievably forgettable experience.

Tha leaves Borderlands and... Call of Duty? Nothing really stands out.

EvB

Edit: I had to look up what game that was too since I had never heard of it.

Just had a look on Metacritic at it's reviews and this one actually summed up my experiences

It mostly reminded me of some of the dull and barely interactive bits of Uncharted 3. I think the lesson here is that deserts are often poorly suited to games without dune buggies...There's no challenge and no real gameplay, which isn't necessarily a criticism. It's sort of like Shadow of the Colossus without any colossi, or Ico without the little girl.

The shield recharging sound effect uses part of the same stock sounds that comprise the Heavy's minigun revving in TF2. It's mindfucking me.

Also hardlight shield isn't a toggle, making another AA that's impaired for bumper jumper. Why you gotta do this to me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The shield recharging sound effect uses part of the same stock sounds that comprise the Heavy's minigun revving in TF2. It's mindfucking me.

Also hardlight shield isn't a toggle, making another AA that's impaired for bumper jumper. Why you gotta do this to me.

Wait, does that mean you can just pop it in and out like armor lock?

Havok

It has been out for like three minutes, how can you tell already?

I think this is a placebo effect. Even if it wasn't, you can't form an opinion on the stability of a BTB match within the first couple of minutes. I mean maybe I am wrong and they did do an overhaul to the netcode on this patch, but I doubt it.

Edit: Can't play with my friend, heh. Anyway to force the update?

http://i.imgur.com/si6y0l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Have him do a network test in the Xbox dash. It should prompt after that. Works with updates to most games and the dash updates.

Top Bottom