• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Yeah, I'm considering switching from BJ to Default in Halo 4. But damn, having jump on a bumper is so nice...

I wish I could just customize my own control scheme. I'd take Bumper Jumper and make it:

AA : Right Bumper
Melee : B
Reload : X

And then everything else the same.

Not enough bandwidth.

Too hard to test.

Too many combinations.

Et Cetera

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, I'm considering switching from BJ to Default in Halo 4. But damn, having jump on a bumper is so nice...

I wish I could just customize my own control scheme. I'd take Bumper Jumper and make it:

AA : Right Bumper
Melee : B
Reload : X

And then everything else the same.

Yep exactly what I want :/

My question is: is the coding so bad that they really think BXB and BXR will happen again? We really should be able to customize or at least they should ask somebody who live and die by certain control schemes what would be best instead of thinking what would be best.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
SpOps is freaking awesome, the netcode is also good
Awesome to hear. Where do the people you're playing with live? Far from you?

Yep exactly what I want :/
I was really happy with the current BJ layout until I realized that I'd really like to use Jetpack, Promethean Vision, and Hardlight shield sometimes... I could claw, but I'd really rather not, lol.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I got halo 4 just now and about to play it, Halo-GAF wish me luck brahs!!

Fabrik

Banned
I played it quickly at Micromania this afternoon and the IQ is amazing. Compared to Assassin's Creed 3 PS3, Halo 4 almost felt next-gen. Not sure if the TVs were correctly set-up.

image.php
image.php

paischtu

Neo Member
4 player split screen multiplayer probably works. But the big question is if there is that same bug as in Reach with the text where if you kill someone, the kill text blocks your view. So annoying, how could Bungie let that happen?!

Can anyone confirm that they fixed it?

SpOps are pretty condensed, the first one was pretty big and with lots of vehicles.

Most people playing now are european but you can definitely tell how big of an improvement is, Reach was unplayable for me.

lots of fun

Verano

I played it quickly at Micromania this afternoon and the IQ is amazing. Compared to Assassin's Creed 3 PS3, Halo 4 almost felt next-gen. Not sure if the TVs were correctly set-up.

thats my opinion overall thus far. 343 went for the jump (almost!!) to next-gen. So far so good however I still say that Im playing as Samus Aran but in extremely crisp HD.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
SpOps are pretty condensed, the first one was pretty big and with lots of vehicles.

Most people playing now are european but you can definitely tell how big of an improvement is, Reach was unplayable for me.

lots of fun
This is some megaton news right here. I will play campaign and Spartan Ops co-op a ton if the netcode is good, and I'll totally avoid it if it's bad. I hope you're not just lucky!

Rev3rb

thats my opinion overall thus far. 343 went for the jump (almost!!) to next-gen. So far so good however I still say that Im playing as Samus Aran but in extremely crisp HD.

*According to 343, the engine has been built to be easily ported over to next gen consoles. It shows for sure. *Dont have a source... please don't kill me.

MrDaravon

I need impressions on how Spartan Ops performs when you have people on other sides of the ocean playing. Playing with anyone outside of the US (ie. Canada, UK, etc) was hit or miss at best in Reach for me.

Verano

*According to 343, the engine has been built to be easily ported over to next gen consoles. It shows for sure. *Dont have a source... please don't kill me.

whoever stated that is kinda right.
anyways, got my 1st achievement quite easily....no worries I wont spoil how you get it unless you want me to via PM.

Hey guys I just got Halo 4 and I'm posting here to rub it in bleeeehhhh!!!

I'm so salty. :(

sorry bro..but dont you have a local mom and pop game store? cuz thats where I got it when I called in if they had copies available for me to snatch one.

however, I'll post less now if that'll make people feel better..

MrBig

Hey guys I just got Halo 4 and I'm posting here to rub it in bleeeehhhh!!!

I'm so salty. :(

Meanwhile mine probably won't even be shipped out by the MS Store until release day :(

It's worth it for the $25 dollar code I can use for 3 months of XBL I guess, though

This is some megaton news right here. I will play campaign and Spartan Ops co-op a ton if the netcode is good, and I'll totally avoid it if it's bad. I hope you're not just lucky!
just had an epic match with other 2 players over live, prometheans are super awesome and are fun to fight, a pain in the ass too lol

lots of enemies at once, some crazy and epic shit happening.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I really can't even visualize how good Halo 5 will look on next gen systems. But I can't wait to have my mind blown.

Real time reflections, super high resolution textures, OBMB, bokeh DoF, insane foliage (think Crysis 3), amazing lighting, (the plasma weapons will looks so tasty!), Character models, water physics that are finally better (or even on par) with Halo 3's, crazy good IQ, sky boxes that melt the senses, large scale battles only possible this gen in CGI, and who knows how many other goodies.

It will be a glorious day.

Hoping they go with 30 FPS, and 1080p.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I'd rather have 60 fps and 720p. But because most people don't see the difference between 30 and 60 fps I doubt they are going to do that.

I disagree that most people don't see the difference, its pretty immediately noticeable to most I would argue.

That said, on consoles, with a limited amount of horse power, I almost always prefer 30fps + Pushing the graphics as far as possible.

I have my beast PC for when I want to run games at 60-120fps.

More specifically though, running Halo CE and Halo 2 on PC at 60+ FPS never felt quite right. Where as most games do indeed feel better, something always felt off to me.

Feindflug

I really can't even visualize how good Halo 5 will look on next gen systems. But I can't wait to have my mind blown.

Real time reflections, super high resolution textures, OBMB, bokeh DoF, insane foliage (think Crysis 3), amazing lighting, (the plasma weapons will looks so tasty!), Character models, water physics that are finally better (or even on par) with Halo 3's, crazy good IQ, sky boxes that melt the senses, large scale battles only possible this gen in CGI, and who knows how many other goodies.

It will be a glorious day.

Hoping they go with 30 FPS, and 1080p.

Assuming how beautiful and technically competent Halo 4 is Halo 5 will be a fuckin' behemoth visual wise.

And yeah this will be a truly glorious day. ^_^

sorry bro..but dont you have a local mom and pop game store? cuz thats where I got it when I called in if they had copies available for me to snatch one.

however, I'll post less now if that'll make people feel better..

Nah, it's all good. I'm sure there are some stores in my area that are selling it early, but I don't really have the time to call them all.

Plus I have the LE Console and LE Game pre-ordered, so I'm a little tight on money lol.

MrBig

I think more would notice the difference between 30 and 60fps over a bump to 1080p.

Most people wont notice or care about either.

After delving into PC gaming this year, playing most games at or above 60fps at 2560x1440 I'd much rather see cleaner IQ than 60fps. 1080p30 will probably be standard nextgen. Would allow for having more stuff on screen rather than just rendering less stuff faster.

Top Bottom