• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yeah, I was adamant that my secondary would be the PP.

But that video is making me reconsider.

I wonder how good the PP is against infantry? Reach's version was fantastic in that regard.

Louis Wu was DOMINATING me with the plasma pistol.

CyReN

New Complex Gameplay from yours truly. Think I played against someone at 343.

A few guys have played it before, but not just MLG people. Also I will ask about stat reset, I don't think so but it's only a few thousand people grinding right now. You won't be matched against them initially, so I wouldn't fret.

If you guys do reset how does that work for Double XP? They have been counting so far in MM. Just a heads up on that part, probably not a big portion lol.

Mupod

I just realized every time a Halo game comes out I look at the gun sounds and go "oh my god how did they get them to sound THAT much better?!"

Halo 4 following this pattern. At this rate they could just be revolving between the same few awesome sounds for guns and I would still be amazed every time I'd think.

Agreed, although part of it is that I just massively improved the sound setup I was using for my 360. The AR actually sounds mean now. Binary Rifle is the best I've heard so far I think.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Halo-GAF, is Halo 4 3D compatible with 3D TV's?? Im curious because there's some particle effects that just wants to pop out at you...

NekoFever

Man, that Binary Rifle. Seems to be a one-hit kill regardless of shields. Either that or I've been ridiculously lucky with it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Halo-GAF, is Halo 4 3D compatible with 3D TV's?? Im curious because there's some particle effects that just wants to pop out at you...

Unfortunately no. I was hoping itwould be after Halo CEA.

Crossing my fingers and toes for Halo 5 to support 3D next gen.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Man, that Binary Rifle. Seems to be a one-hit kill regardless of shields. Either that or I've been ridiculously lucky with it.

Yep. If this game had the same weapon spawn system as the previous Halos, it would have been an interesting power weapon for teams to control. As it stands, I really really hope it's taken out of Personal Ordnance. =/

EvB

Yep. If this game had the same weapon spawn system as the previous Halos, it would have been an interesting power weapon for teams to control. As it stands, I really really hope it's taken out of Personal Ordnance. =/

I'm guessing it would be a cool one to defend with your HL shield! Those predator style laser pointers are cool!

I think I am a few minutes away from throwing my computer off my deck.

Black Magic Intensity Pro > Me

I do tech support for a living, and yet I hit a wall everytime I try and get this stupid thing working.

Seriously contemplating buying a 360 for this... My last one died on me last year and all I used to play on it was Reach... But now I'm really thinking about picking up a new console just for Halo. It is the only 360 exclusive I really care about anymore to be honest.

However my housemate did say I could use his 360 for when the game comes out, but I simply do not believe him as he only just brought ACIII yesterday...

What say you GAF? Worth buying a 360 for just Halo 4?

MrBig

I'm hoping to see at least 2 "pro" playlists, with traditional weapon spawns. The Infinity system looks fun but I'm sure I'll always want to be able to play with the traditional halo formula some times.

kdash7

Could anyone please tell me how is the 4 player splitscreen mp? I will be going to India soon and i am planning to play Halo 4 with my buddies on the same screen. Are the graphics / effects affected in any way? Or its the same expierience as playing on live alone? Is the fps a solid 30 on 4p splitscreen?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seriously contemplating buying a 360 for this... My last one died on me last year and all I used to play on it was Reach... But now I'm really thinking about picking up a new console just for Halo. It is the only 360 exclusive I really care about anymore to be honest.

However my housemate did say I could use his 360 for when the game comes out, but I simply do not believe him as he only just brought ACIII yesterday...

I believe that the Halo 4 special edition console represents an excellent value in gaming. Also Doritos are delicious.

Ordanance is luck based? Really?

I missed you! Ordnance is skill based. Rare weapon drops in some game modes are luck based.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Question, do numbered points only show up in Infinity modes? Some gameplay just has the kill description text.

The whole game looks better without radar, AA and PO meters on your HUD. Slayer Pro should be great in that respect.

Fracas

#fuckonami

You like Halo, there is a new Halo game coming out that you can't play otherwise. I'd say you probably should lol. Look for a cheaper one if you can, especially if you only want it for Halo 4.
I believe that the Halo 4 special edition console represents an excellent value in gaming. Also Doritos are delicious.

I missed you! Ordnance is skill based. Rare weapon drops in some game modes are luck based.
Someone photoshop together Dorito Pope Frank.

I'd call you out for this, but honestly it is a good value if you do not have a console/controllers already.

I tried to math it out, but I am an idiot

GrizzNKev

Banned
I went walking for an hour to locate an independent game shop that existed on google and bing maps but didn't exist in real life. Great. Frank, could I please just stop by 343 today and hand you $60 for a playtest copy? (I don't care if you're not there, I'll leave it on your desk and just take one)

Zoolader

I think I am a few minutes away from throwing my computer off my deck.

Black Magic Intensity Pro > Me

I do tech support for a living, and yet I hit a wall everytime I try and get this stupid thing working.

Makes me want to reconsider buying that as my next recording device. Been looking around and was leaning towards blackmagic as the name alone is sexy. I had the old Hauppauge pvr and had no problems, and they just released a new one. When we got the rendering option from Bungie I thought my pvr was obsolete and just a hassle, now I'm kicking myself for selling it.

Makes me want to reconsider buying that as my next recording device. I had the old Hauppauge pvr and had no problems, and they just released a new one. When we got the rendering option from Bungie I thought my pvr was obsolete and just a hassle, now I'm kicking myself for selling it.

It's great once it's working, but getting it installed properly and behave as it should, is a pain.

The truth is that Intensity Pro is not a consumer level product, so it's not meant to be idiot mode plug and play.

Aww shiiiiit, Zalinkrow has crazy slowturn on his controller and my left stick is coming apart. Won't really be able to drop some cash to get new ones. Must try save up for that Halo console.

I got some Doritos. Though it was the limited return of taco flavoured Doritos since that was my favourite one as a kid. Didn't even have experience codes on it. I'm okay with that though.

Frank, when can I get a unicorn emblem without dropping 3.5 bills on a console I don't need?

GrizzNKev

Banned
I got some Doritos. Though it was the limited return of taco flavoured Doritos since that was my favourite one as a kid. Didn't even have experience codes on it. I'm okay with that though.

Frank, when can I get a unicorn emblem without dropping 3.5 bills on a console I don't need?

Wait... Unicorn isn't unlocked by default?

There goes the return of Unicorn clan that I've had with all my closest friends since Halo 3.

Top Bottom