• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Wait, I knew of the changes to CTF but when was it stated there would be no 1 flag? Please, no. That was my favorite objective gametype.

It might not be there at launch, but i dont see why they couldnt add it later on. Im assuming the dept of the custom game settings are still there.

ElRenoRaven

H4_mark_vi.png

Well I found mine. I will not play MP till I beat legendary. Every single other piece of armor looks like shit except this one.

x-Lundz-x

Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 - $349.99
Halo 4 Limited Edition - $99.99
Halo 4 Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset - $299.99
Halo 4 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide - $39.99

I'm trying to justify my purchases by saying I got the Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset for free by trading in unwanted things to Gamestop, the Prima Official Game Guide for $24.99 on Amazon, and the Limited Edition copy of the game because I plan on giving my brother the regular edition that comes with the console.

I don't have a Xbox 360 so this isn't a second purchase. Oh and I picked up the LE of Forza Horizon. Can't wait.

$789.96 total, minus the trades...

That is dedication.

All those armor sets are way too... busy. Some of the helmets are pretty bad too. I loved the designs in 3/Reach but none of these feel distinctly Spartan to me.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Guys I'm looking to get a hard drive before this game drops. Are those $30 - $50 360 hard drives on Amazon legit? Or should I just go the flash drive route?

An extension of this question: are there and read/write speed thresholds that you need to cross for a USB drive to be adequate for the MP?

S1kkZ

about the review embargo: dont expect any campaign footage in the video reviews (if there are any). giantbomb said there will be no campaign/spartan ops footage until november 6th.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
about the review embargo: dont expect any campaign footage in the video reviews (if there are any). giantbomb said there will be no campaign/spartan ops footage until november 6th.

That is awesome. I prefer reviews this way.

CyReN

Under the embargo we got it says:

Direct feed is permitted of Spartan Ops gameplay only; maximum of 90 sec per Spartan Ops mission. Live streaming is not permitted.

Spartan Ops CGI episodes is not permitted

Plot details of Spartan Ops story

Frankie/David can you clarify if it's that date?

When's 2.0 launch?

When our web guy stops coding. I want it to be today.

p3tran

Banned
fantastic op! bravo guys!

p.s.
maybe a friend will make a magic trick and
I will have the game tomorrow w0000t!

ElNino

Wish I knew how rare they were going to be :\
Is the LE really going to be that hard to get? I have both the LE and regular edition pre-ordered through different deals, but I'm thinking of returning the LE as it doesn't appear to worth the almost $60 difference to me ($40+tax vs $90+tax). Even if I buy the War Games Pass (which I probably will), it's still basically $30 for a different Steelbook case and extended FUD.

You will be good to go.. had all 4 of mine pulled a year ago and they were IN deep .. I was fully able to game for hours afterwards and of course the built in excuse to game is great.

U2NUMB
(Today, 01:22 PM)

That is a perfect scenario to sit at home, on drugs, and play Halo. Damn you for your ingenuity of schedule such a procedure at such a time!

The timing was intentional. :) I burned too much vacation time going to PAX and NYCC (and need to save for Christmas). Now I get enough time on the 6th to play through the Campaign without drugs/pain, but still get the 7th-9th to "recover" and play War Games. (Not to mention the three-day weekend that immediately follows thanks to Veteran's Day.)

Hopefully I don't have to deal with a broken jaw or some other complication . (One of my wisdom teeth is definitely impacted.)

feel

Defender has gotta be the worst, that anime face..

Just realized there's multiple footwear options, nice.

Na it wasnt, the maps were. I have an amazing time playing on the new headlong. You put in good maps and the game is great.
Nah, it's pretty bad all around.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Na it wasnt, the maps were. I have an amazing time playing on the new headlong. You put in good maps and the game is great.
Maps, bloom, slow movement, low jump height, terrible vehicle physics...

Maps, bloom, slow movement, low jump height, terrible vehicle physics...

The only thing id agree that i find hampers my experience is the maps and the bloom, but only cause i hate those dmr only game-types. The rest sure, it isn't perfect but its far from game breaking. I have a lot of fun playing when the map is good. A lot of them in Reach arent good and that to me is a much bigger issue.

Top Bottom