• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, allright. So one more point that's very CoD like hum? :/

But all the other modes with weapns on the map are still in righ? Our are those "infinite" modes the major part now?

No weapons on maps.
Your chosen loadouts and either Personal Ordance on Infinity games or Global Ordnance in others. Or nothing, if playing, say, Flood.

Realyn

No weapons on maps.
Your chosen loadouts and either Personal Ordance on Infinity games or Global Ordnance in others. Or nothing, if playing, say, Flood.

I've checked the OP and coulnd't find anything on Personal and Global Ordnance, what's that?

But well, think I'll cancle my preorder then. For me personally weapons on the map is something that is well ... Halo to me. Stupid CoD shit. I'll be able to play CoD on the 11th, don't need it 5 days earlier.

Woorloog

Banned
I've checked the OP and coulnd't find anything on Personal and Global Ordnance, what's that?

But well, think I'll cancle my preorder then. For me personally weapons on the map is something that is well ... Halo to me. Stupid CoD shit. I'll be able to play CoD on the 11th, don't need it 5 days earlier.
War Games section.
Global Ordnance
The new system used to spawn heavy weapons onto the map. Whereas past Halo games spawned in weapons at specific points and times, only the initial spawn at the start of a match if fixed in Halo 4. After, ordnance spawns in at various, per-determined points on the map, with the game system rotating both the locations and weapons selected from those the designers made available on that map and game type. Spawned ordnance carries a waypoint, so all players in the game knows it has appeared.

Personal Ordnance
Used in Infinity Slayer (and available in other game modes via custom options) is an additional ordnance delivery method, initiated by individual players. Medals earned and their associated points contribute to filling an ordnance meter, which when filled prompts players to select from one of three randomly selected options. These options can include power ups, weapons and grenades. Once chose, the ordnance will spawn in near the player.

Oh, allright. So one more point that's very CoD like hum? :/

But all the other modes with weapns on the map are still in righ? Our are those "infinite" modes the major part now?
No weapons on maps.

There are basically two classes of weapons in Halo 4, starting weapons and power weapons. Other Halos had the starting weapon, power weapons, and pickups that weren't really power weapons.

Woorloog, Infinity Slayer still have global ordnance just like every other gametype, it just also has personal ordnance.

Letting you select your starting rifle is something that should have been in every game, it's the least of the CoD copy problems.
Yes, I can't believe that it took until 2012 to allow players to pick their starting in Halo.

Havok

Neutral weapons still drop on the map. Initial weapon placement is static, it is on a rotation after that. On Haven, I always rush the Sticky Detonator which is on the top left side of the map from blue spawn, and that happens at the start of every match. I don't care for the rotation aspect, but the weapon rush is still alive and well in Halo 4, though the random nature of the global ordnance makes it feel very different than past Halo games. A little more hectic.

Yager

Banned

There are still weapons on the map, the ones that are not are those that you can choose to start with (DMR, BR, AR, Carabine, etc).

MrBig

Global Ordinance is how the on-map weapons are delivered. Personal Ordinance is awarded for reaching a certain number of points.

Not being forced into shit like AR starts is going to be fantastic.

There are of course still modes that use the traditional halo formula with set weapon loadouts.

Woorloog

Banned
Woorloog, Infinity Slayer still have global ordnance just like every other gametype, it just also has personal ordnance.

Whaa? I understood it didn't have this.
Oh, well, whatever. If i don't have to, i won't try to grab pre-placed weapons, and with loadouts i don't have to.

Lingitiz

How does the overall map count feel? It definitely seems like they tried to balance all types of play just looking at them. The amount of big maps is much appreciated. Just listening to Kynan Pearson talk about the maps, he really seems like a dude that knows his map design.

MrBig

How does the overall map count feel? It definitely seems like they tried to balance all types of play just looking at them. The amount of big maps is much appreciated.

All 10 maps are incredibly solid from what I've seen. Feels H2 quality maps to me, like they actually designed the maps around what modes will be played on them rather than the generic maps we got in Reach and somewhat in H3.

How does the overall map count feel? It definitely seems like they tried to balance all types of play just looking at them. The amount of big maps is much appreciated.

In terms of actually count, there is 10 with launch, and the first DLC pack (3 maps), comes out next month.

Just sold my Gears 3 LE Console for 400 dollars and put in an order for the LE Halo 4 console for 350 at Amazon. You win, Frankie. You win.

Now to break the news to my daughter that her Minecraft machine is leaving for 2 days.

Yager

Banned
How does the overall map count feel? It definitely seems like they tried to balance all types of play just looking at them. The amount of big maps is much appreciated. Just listening to Kynan Pearson talk about the maps, he really seems like a dude that knows his map design.

For me it's OK, pretty balanced. It helps that they aren't as "closed" as in Reach, and that there's no Sword Base (I hated that map).

Havok

Sorry, I meant like how many shots to kill in mp.
So like 3 pistol headshots or 4 DMR headshots etc.
The DMR is a five shot, as is the BR. The magnum is a 6 shot, I believe. Might be a five shot, since that's what everybody's been saying, I haven't used it much.

Plus three Forge environs with default "starter" map layouts - although those are not in Matchmaking.
Do you guys plan on putting Relay into matchmaking at some point? It's probably the first default Forge variant that I actually want to play.

One last reminder.

first_place.jpg

Time remaining: TWO HOURS

Acceptable submissions:
- Photoshops of HaloGAF photos
- Photoshops of Halo 4 screenshots
- MS Paint drawings
- Overused meme pictures

Email them to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com

Contest details at HaloGAF.com

Is the Energy Sword an Ordnance weapon? I've been watching all sorts of gameplay (don't have a copy myself yet) and haven't seen it once.

Naked Lunch

Wait so did I just read that BTB does not have any objective games? WTF!

BTB is totally meant for objective game types, I was afraid of this with how weighted slayer and heavies are in Reach. This is some BS if you ask me. Hopefully there will be a quick playlist update soon after launch that throws some good old CTF (I mean come on, yo have Valhalla back and that map was made for awesome 2 flag games) in there, but as of now I'm quite angry with this.
Thats Efing awful if true. BTB slayer is one of the most boring things in all online FPSs. Halo to me is all about BTB 2 flag CTF. This is terrible news.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can you shed any light on DLC implementation in playlists? Will we be able to regularly play DLC in MM?

One of the many reasons the Map Pass is included in the LE and as a discounted digital item is to make sure DLC populations are as healthy, predictable and well, populated as possible. This plus some new matchmaking algorithms should mean better matchmade DLC later. The LE is already sold out so we have a practical guarantee about matchmaking population down the line, as it relates to new content. Makes things more predictable.

malfcn

One of the many reasons the Map Pass is included in the LE and as a discounted digital item is to make sure DLC populations are as healthy, predictable and well, populated as possible. This plus some new matchmaking algorithms should mean better matchmade DLC later. The LE is already sold out so we have a practical guarantee about matchmaking population down the line, as it relates to new content. Makes things more predictable.

What about election day swag?

zap

Any plans for a DLC playlist?

FyreWulff

I don't know why they would do that at this point. After Tuesday it's not like there will be a lot of demand left for the Reach DLC.

Exactly, make it cheaper for those sticking around.

I know it can't be made free because achievements, but some cuts are in order and perhaps a DLC requirement or two.

edit: actually thought I was in the Community OT when posting this. Not really Halo 4 relevant.

Darkman M

I did well avoiding any news or media on this game since it was announced, i must admit this is looking mighty good and im excited to play a video game which does not happen to often for me anymore.

is there going to be a "Top Downloaded" like in Reach, or anything to know what popular map files are in Halo 4? We haven't heard much about the social aspect of the game yet, besides Drop in drop out.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Legit slaughter with the Boltshot in the MLG stream makes me happy. That thing is going to be so OP with radar.

CyReN

Just going crazy in the Warthog and then the game kicks us out.

Halo can't handle these skills!

FYI - Halo 4 MP is legit some of the most fun I have had playing Halo in a LONG time 343 you've done a good job.

Stream for those of you that want to watch - http://www.twitch.tv/devinolsen#

To that, this game gives is a Halo 2 vibe with casual to competitive fun. I didn't think that could be replicated.

No honeymoon phase either, I have minor gripes still but nothing like Halo 3/Reach issues.

Top Bottom