• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

The fact of the matter is you were talking about bleedthrough and it's not. Now you're simply redefining the conversation to shots to kill. The "nerdy bleedthrough" argument was the argument YOU were trying to make.
I was pretty clear that I was referring to shots in the first place. In any case, refute or not. The original question has long since been clarified so whatev's.

The chat is almost painful, but this is getting me hyped.

The reload speed seems insane, is that a perk or equip of some sort?
It's a perk called dexterity that lets you swap weapons and reload quicker.

Anyone got shipping confirmation from Newegg? This is my first time I preordered from them. When I try to check it out on my account it doesn't show up in my orders. If I type in the pre sale number it'll come up though. I'm guessing that's normal though?

I'm not sure how I feel about Halo leaning towards the CoD perk system, but this doesn't appear too ridiculous so far.

The perk system in Halo 4 isn't as powerful. They don't guarantee, for example, kills or points. And I think you lose that item/weapon if you're killed

aFIGurANT

Anyone got shipping confirmation from Newegg? This is my first time I preordered from them. When I try to check it out on my account it doesn't show up in my orders. If I type in the pre sale number it'll come up though. I'm guessing that's normal though?

I think that's about right. I remember having to enter something everytime I checked my DkS preorder with them and then later they emailed me with the final shipping update, which in my case was that they didn't have as many copies as they thought and it wasn't gonna ship!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I was pretty clear that I was referring to shots in the first place. In any case, refute or not. The original question has long since been clarified so whatev's.

It's a perk called dexterity that lets you swap weapons and reload quicker.

You're simply too stubborn to admit you are wrong and for some reason are trying to "save face." You were quite clearly talking about bleedthrough as seen below.

Bleed through is for melee, and (outside the power weapons) the BR. DMR and pistol still get blocked by shields, but the BR can strip and kill in the same shot.

This is factually wrong as I've already shown.

Now I'm done with this line of conversation since all it's become is you stubbornly refusing to let it go/admit you're wrong. And instead "changing" your meaning.

I think that's about right. I remember having to enter something everytime I checked my DkS preorder with them and then later they emailed me with the final shipping update, which in my case was that they didn't have as many copies as they thought and it wasn't gonna ship!

Thanks! I hope that doesn't happen D:

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope I get my copy tomorrow, but since Shopto say it was dispatched on Saturday, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit: I just re-read my post... wat

Does anyone know if the multiplayer announcer guy has been the same since Halo CE, or is the guy in Reach/4 different? Since Reach it's sounded slightly different, but I don't know if it's just because the guy is older.

You're simply too stubborn to admit you are wrong and for some reason are trying to "save face." You were quite clearly talking about bleedthrough as seen below.
It's why I brought up semantics in the first place, I was talking on a per shot basis and you brought up individual bullets from the burst. I consider either valid, but I was taking shots in consideration to the BR in the original post. Ultimately nothing comes out of this other than butting heads at definitions of what's considered what as seen now, y'know? I was just saying from the start that the BR can still strip shields and kill and that's still the case. Call it bleedthrough, call it one bullet hitting shields, two bullets hitting the head, call it whatever you want.

Does anyone know if the multiplayer announcer guy has been the same since Halo CE, or is the guy in Reach/4 different? Since Reach it's sounded slightly different, but I don't know if it's just because the guy is older.
It's been Jeff Steitzer all along. He's a bit more enthusiastic this time around.

Sec0nd

Haven't really been following this game too much. Reach left such a bad impression I was pretty much done with Halo. But I've been catching up with Halo 4 mainly because of Forward Unto Dawn, and I have to say that it looks amazing. They apparently changed a lot of stuff and they don't look bad for a change, actually it looks pretty darn awesome! But could someone explain one thing for me? I was watching MLG just a minute ago and they were explaining something about a medal counter. That if you would get enough medals and fill up this meter you could call in a power weapon or something. It looked like you could choose between 3 different things, how does this work? Where can I find some kind of explanation?

For launch I'll be at the Microsoft Store with Tunavi, so hopefully they'll have it for 350. Good deal.
I'll be there, woohoo!

Cross posting from the community Halo thread:

I wrote up some impressions of Halo 4. I would have posted it here but it's just over 3400 words long. I don't know why. I talk a lot. Please forgive typos. It is long.

It's a good video game.
This is a really great read, thank you.

I really don't like Halo that much but every time a new one comes out the hype and nostalgia gets to me. I remember when Halo came out it was a new unique shooter and was fun playing multiplayer with friends. Xbox and Halo are just made to be together so I may bite and buy it. Damn you Halo

Woorloog

Banned
I've watched abit for half an hour and didn't saw people picking up alot of weapons ... whats up with that?

You choose your starting weapons, only weapons found on the field are power weapons from Global Ordnance or Personal Ordnance in Infinity Slayer.
And of course weapons dropped by enemies, which are may well be what you're carrying...

Realyn

Oh, allright. So one more point that's very CoD like hum? :/

But all the other modes with weapns on the map are still in righ? Our are those "infinite" modes the major part now?

Ramirez

Oh, allright. So one more point that's very CoD like hum? :/

But all the other modes with weapns on the map are still in righ? Our are those "infinite" modes the major part now?

Letting you select your starting rifle is something that should have been in every game, it's the least of the CoD copy problems.

Top Bottom