• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Fuchsdh

No way dude, I LOVE being able to spam Incineration Cannon!
Sarcasm.

I wanted to have another crack at making a Goosetage for Halo 4, since splattering registers very nicely on the game and It's one of the only ways I can play Matchmaking. I went into a game, on Vortex, and there were no Mongooses. I then remembered that a lot of the maps no longer had the Mongoose on them.

I tweeted @HaloWaypoint and they said they would look into it which was surprising. I'd love to see Mongooses come back to some of the maps, even if it's one at each base or even a neutral one.

Something I felt like going back to Halo 3 is that the Mongooses (why is it not Mongeese, damn English language) and man cannons all seemed necessary because you move so slow. That's not the case in Halo 4--they're additions to your movement options, but you don't feel crippled in comparison.

I do like them for objective games, however I feel like they should be a little faster for their vulnerability.

Something I felt like going back to Halo 3 is that the Mongooses (why is it not Mongeese, damn English language) and man cannons all seemed necessary because you move so slow. That's not the case in Halo 4--they're additions to your movement options, but you don't feel crippled in comparison.

I do like them for objective games, however I feel like they should be a little faster for their vulnerability.

Maps like Ragnarok/Valhalla and Standoff had top notch mongoose positioning for objective runs as well as good balance in terms of offense and defense.

I miss the structure to maps like that, especially objective.

TheOddOne

Tashi might show up later and post something about customs.
image.php

Them skills be improving. Good stuff.

Fuchsdh

A group from HBO also plays customs in Halo 4 and Reach on Friday evenings EST (Reach in the first of the month.) Anyone is welcome to join--generally there are more minigames, but when I subbed for Tashi people seemed to appreciate that as well (except for when I tried completely borked maps :p) you can also bring your own custom maps to try out with a willing audience.

So is this game dead? There's really nothing that can save it at this point right?

Population arguments aside the same friends I've played all Halo's with and specifically the ones that "liked Reach" continue to play together in a party quite often. Like 3-4 nights a week, in fact we just had a full party of 8 in Halo 4 last night and then ran into some cheaters in BTB so we switched to customs.

Gun game in Halo 4 is fun and one I hadn't played before called Prisoner which was better with 4v4 than 3v3. Not sure if Prisoner is modded or not but seems like it is. We're also organising a LAN party during the new years holidays (although this will surely cross all/many Halo games over the weekend).

Once my X1 arrives on launch I'll probably only play Halo 4 1-2 times a week if at all. The mates mentioned above run a GTA5 crew (they still switch to play Halo 4 most nights) but I've withheld on that purchase in lieu of X1, sucks GTA5 isn't next gen launch available. Given the quality of titles like GTA5 and other cross gen releases about to drop Halo 4 is going to struggle IMO. Halo X1 can't come soon enough.

FYC

Banned
A group from HBO also plays customs in Halo 4 and Reach on Friday evenings EST (Reach in the first of the month.) Anyone is welcome to join--generally there are more minigames, but when I subbed for Tashi people seemed to appreciate that as well (except for when I tried completely borked maps :p) you can also bring your own custom maps to try out with a willing audience.

Don't know what HBO is but I'd be down :v

Huh, and the usual banination is for three weeks, right? That'll be kind of weird.

So is shotgun ricochet super terrible or fun in an action-sack sense?

Huh, and the usual banination is for three weeks, right? That'll be kind of weird.

So is shotgun ricochet super terrible or fun in an action-sack sense?

It belongs in action sack in my opinion. It's super terrible in a regular playlist. It's turned me off of ever playing Ricochet cuz the BK's vote for it every time.

Even worse, every vote option can be Shotgun Ricochet so you're only option there is to back out.

Yeah, what the fuck? At least one voting slot should be OG Ricochet, it's just extremely poor playlist management at that point.

Fuchsdh

(Above: Kittens on Episphere)

Customs! Now, with 75% less broken game types! Tonight, 9 PM EST. Be there, aloha.

Message Fuchsdh to get a piece of the action.

I don't mind shotgun ricochet but I just started playing. Would prefer normal though. It completely kills any chance for ranged combat.

Also, I am rather enjoying this game. Halo 3 is just... eh for me. Good, but not quite as fun as this one for me. Dunno why it's so dead.

This is why I hold firm to the belief that Shotgun Ricochet is the horrible result of some troll movement much like VoteForTheWorst.com. I refuse the accept the alternative.

seriously, the fucking morons who play this game. fml

Every thing about this post makes me want to cry.

First, does anyone who has played Shitgun Ricochet actually like it?

Second,
I remember Sanjaya

Lastly, the people who play this game makes me want to bash my skull across the river Nile.

Let's make a game for the silent majority then ask what the vocal minority wants!

Ugh, so true.

I had fun with Shotgun Ricochet on that Butter map, but on a map any larger it would have been horrific.

It's beyond me why they didn't just add Legendary Ricochet (so much potential to actually be interesting and non-random!) and then have a showdown between Shotgun and Hot Potato for the derp brigade vote.

Fuchsdh

343i community play date tonight

socialmediaposts_playdate.jpg

I'd be interested in playing some 3v3v3v3 multi-team, so I'll probably be online. Hit me up at GT: Fuchsdh.

Also, cross posting from Halo |OT|:

Forward Unto Dawn's latest content is an interview with Forgers Petetheduck and Nillapuddin on the past, present, and future of the Forge map editor. Go read!

If you played an online game of War Games or Spartan Ops in Matchmaking on 11.6.13, you now have the Guilty Spark emblem.

From @HaloWaypoint

Cacophanus

No, he wasn't. Jonathan Heckley was the lead MP designer on Judgment. Quinn was just a designer. Quinn had as much input as Creative Director Cliff Bleszinski. Which was barely anything. The overall game designer was Oliver Barder, the original was Adrian Chmielarz before he left (Much of his ideas stayed though, also his vision for multiplayer).

Meh, this witchhunt is really terribly conceived. Pointing fingers for the sake of pointing fingers.

Er, okay. Dunno where this all comes from but that's not entirely accurate.

I should know this as I'm Ollie Barder.

Anyway, Johnny was the MP lead at PCF but he worked with Epic primarily. The MP balancing was pretty much handled by Epic. Much of this involved Quinn.

Most of the broad MP balancing was Quinn's baby though. The shotguns especially were very much "him".

PCF worked on the original Overrun but that got shifted over to Epic just before I joined. Though we did a lot of the DLC after that, though by that time Johnny had left and I had to help out a bit (mostly on Breakthrough).

The real "lead" designer on the game was pretty much Arcade Berg at PCF, with oversight from Epic (lots of video conference calls). Whilst we all worked on it, the game was really their baby. Arcade is now working on the new Wolfenstein.

As for me, I did all manner of fire-fighting and system design fixes (stuff almost no-one here will notice most likely). I was credited a as senior as that was my job title, nothing more than that I am afraid.

I was originally hired to work on PCF's next big game after Judgment, as they needed a senior designer with experience, but the owners left a month after I joined so that kinda got fucked.

Had fun at PCF though, they were all good creative guys.

Currently rocking it in Japan in case anyone is wondering...

TheOddOne

Er, okay. Dunno where this all comes from but that's not entirely accurate.

I should know this as I'm Ollie Barder.

Anyway, Johnny was the MP lead at PCF but he worked with Epic primarily. The MP balancing was pretty much handled by Epic. Much of this involved Quinn.

Most of the broad MP balancing was Quinn's baby though. The shotguns especially were very much "him".

PCF worked on the original Overrun but that got shifted over to Epic just before I joined. Though we did a lot of the DLC after that, though by that time Johnny had left and I had to help out a bit (mostly on Breakthrough).

The real "lead" designer on the game was pretty much Arcade Berg at PCF, with oversight from Epic (lots of video conference calls). Whilst we all worked on it, the game was really their baby. Arcade is now working on the new Wolfenstein.

As for me, I did all manner of fire-fighting and system design fixes (stuff almost no-one here will notice most likely). I was credited a as senior as that was my job title, nothing more than that I am afraid.

I was originally hired to work on PCF's next big game after Judgment, as they needed a senior designer with experience, but the owners left a month after I joined so that kinda got fucked.

Had fun at PCF though, they were all good creative guys.

Currently rocking it in Japan in case anyone is wondering...
Thanks for the input.

Comment was really long ago though :p

So after the title update, is the BR the best weapon in every situation? Or does the DMR still have some value?
DMR > burst fire anything

I find that the most common shots-to-kill is 5-6 shots with the BR because of spread, so personally I don't find it mandatory to use the BR since I can kill people faster with a DMR 5sk, and it has more range.

Top Bottom