• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Nebula

I truly think Halo should've progressed down a path of faster movement speed and better default maneuverability around the maps. So additions like the Thrusters could have a place in default Halo settings IMO as it doesn't drastically break map movement, but offers more advanced alternatives.

I like Thruster Pack because it does offer improved movement in some situations. Dropping down a ledge faster, altering your projection while under the effect of a gravity lift/man cannon and of course that small boost of speed in a direction.

I'd see that it had no longer got that silly 1 second move into 3rd person though. I'd like to see how it would work if a player could still aim and shoot during the thrust.

I like Thruster Pack because it does offer improved movement in some situations. Dropping down a ledge faster, altering your projection while under the effect of a gravity lift/man cannon and of course that small boost of speed in a direction.

I'd see that it had no longer got that silly 1 second move into 3rd person though. I'd like to see how it would work if a player could still aim and shoot during the thrust.

I'd gladly take that as a default ability. I think it could be cool. It's not map breaking like sprint, and it could be fun.

gAg CruSh3r

I truly think Halo should've progressed down a path of faster movement speed and better default maneuverability around the maps. So additions like the Thrusters could have a place in default Halo settings IMO as it doesn't drastically break map movement, but offers more advanced alternatives.

I do really like that idea. I just really like the feeling of sprinting in Halo IMO. If they can tone down the speed of sprint with movement speed of 110% and sprint being 120% with a fill up circle like the AA. This would be ideal to me anyways because the moving speed is not a crazy amout of change and people can get the feeling of moving around faster without it breaking maps and it brings a different dynamic of gameplay with the speed differents. This all IMO.

Same here :/

But "let's make sprint default & throw perks into the game" vision.

Never expected a Halo developer to add perks (of all things) into halo.

I'd go to sleep at night thinking, "At least Halo doesn't have perks.."

SHIT!

EDIT:
This is the shit I used to say when CoD was on the upswing. Fairness, Equality, Skill were points of pride being a Halo fan in a CoD world.

lmfao Well said. I was proud to be a Halo fan for those very reasons.

Nebula

This is the shit I used to say when CoD was on the upswing. Fairness, Equality, Skill were points of pride being a Halo fan in a CoD world.

As a teenager, I took so much shit for not having CoD as my number one game. At least I never got as much shit as my Wii loving Science teacher.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I really HAVE been gone for a long time. There's still Halo is Cod discussions going on? I didnt think there were possibly enough people left playing it to be outraged.

As a teenager, I took so much shit for not having CoD as my number one game. At least I never got as much shit as my Wii loving Science teacher.

I still get a bunch of shit for that. I usually turn it around and shit on them with facts like Halo takes more skill and isn't a babby game

Neutral flag is good news as is community ricochet maps. That Frankie pie to the face is gold and I just know that one is coming back to haunt him here on GAF...

I wonder what they have planned for the 1 year birthday matchmaking/bulletin?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Neutral flag is good news as is community ricochet maps. That Frankie pie to the face is gold and I just know that one is coming back to haunt him here on GAF...

Yea I'm very intrigued.

Tawpgun

For Halo 4's 1 year anniversary they will announce they have hired Tashi, Legendary settings will become the default, and DLC will become free.

Fuchsdh

I'm hoping there are some surprises in the upcoming title update aside from glitch fixes caused by the last one.

What do you have in mind? To me, the weapon tuning did its job, they're adding new gametypes at a steady clip, and I can play a game of essentially classic Halo slayer or objective without serious difficulty anymore.

Just got back to reading the whole thing. A Team Slayer CSR reset sounds fun, especially with a lot of vets nostalgia-ing it up in Halo 3.

GECK

H3's resurgence stirred up the Halo nostalgia and after not touching H4 for about a year I bought the bullseye pack or whatever. I must say Ricochet, Oddball and Team Throwdown can be pretty damn fun. Shame, Team Throwdown has like 6 people searching early AM US time.

Is there any way to play fucking Pitfall in matchmaking? Haven't seen it once.

H3's resurgence stirred up the Halo nostalgia and after not touching H4 for about a year I bought the bullseye pack or whatever. I must say Ricochet, Oddball and Team Throwdown can be pretty damn fun. Shame, Team Throwdown has like 6 people searching early AM US time.

When Ricochet Pitfall first dropped it had its own playlist. It was awesome and I've barely seen that map since the playlist change up. Something has to be updated DLC wise, Reach had similar issues with DLC. I vote 3 months on sale and then all goes free and required for all playlists.

Also a little something Bravo mentioned over at Waypoint, tables tables tables:
piestables_660.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-7.08.33-PM.png

I wonder what other FuD goodies have been reassigned :)

Fuchsdh

When Ricochet Pitfall first dropped it had its own playlist. It was awesome and I've barely seen that map since the playlist change up.

Something has to be updated DLC wise, Reach had similar issues with DLC. I vote 3 months on sale and then all goes free and required for all playlists.

I'd make it even shorter; 2 months on sale + goodies and armor, then drop for free or at least get added to a single discount DLC package. Make it as easy as possible for players to *find* stuff to buy.

Edit: Damn, nice eye on the tables though lol.

I'd make it even shorter; 2 months on sale + goodies and armor, then drop for free or at least get added to a single discount DLC package. Make it as easy as possible for players to *find* stuff to buy.

Edit: Damn, nice eye on the tables though lol.

Wasn't me, a Waypoint member posted that pic.

Perhaps any cosmetic or superfluous add-ons remain part of the original package price but become separate purchases to the free "core DLC map" later on. They sort of did this with the Championship Bundle.

The best way now is simply to play with people who have the DLC. You might be able to catch us playing sometime. My gamertag is the same as my name here.

IHaveIce

Banned
What do you have in mind? To me, the weapon tuning did its job, they're adding new gametypes at a steady clip, and I can play a game of essentially classic Halo slayer or objective without serious difficulty anymore.
You can play a Halo slayer match(br starts, no aas etc) without sprint in Halo 4 now?

AR/Suppressor are still a little over powered. Make them less powerful and then make the SAW less powerful and then it's perfect.

AR/Suppressor are still a little over powered. Make them less powerful and then make the SAW less powerful and then it's perfect.

I honestly think the SAW is nice as is; it's insanely good against health but still has some of that UNSC weapon shield resistance in there. Pre-Turbo, I felt like it was sort of a slog to tear through shields before you actually got the kill.

iirc, they made it so that the SAW takes half the number of bullets to kill compared to an Assault Rifle (even post-Turbo) so their reasoning at least makes sense.

I honestly think the SAW is nice as is; it's insanely good against health but still has some of that UNSC weapon shield resistance in there. Pre-Turbo, I felt like it was sort of a slog to tear through shields before you actually got the kill.

iirc, they made it so that the SAW takes half the number of bullets to kill compared to an Assault Rifle (even post-Turbo) so their reasoning at least makes sense.

The SAW is insanely overpowered if you pulse it like an SMG. It works at ranges you wouldn't expect, too.

And Legendary BRs is pretty good, flinch sucks but at least grenades are not become death, destroyer of worlds unlike Reach.

The SAW is a neat idea, but a poor weapon in practice. Power weapons should always follow the rule of being incredibly powerful at a price. Snipers require more precise aim and have a shallow mag. Rockets have travel time, only 2 shots before reload, but they also have splash damage that can also kill you. What does the SAW have? Not being able to cross-map? A long reload time? It's extremely powerful at close and mid range due to the ability to pulse the trigger, the bullets are hitscan so it's easy as shit to land shots and it has a huge mag making those long reload times negligible. It's not balanced at all.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The SAW is a neat idea, but a poor weapon in practice. Power weapons should always follow the rule of being incredibly powerful at a price. Snipers require more precise aim and have a shallow mag. Rockets have travel time, only 2 shots before reload, but they also have splash damage that can also kill you. What does the SAW have? Not being able to cross-map? A long reload time? It's extremely powerful at close and mid range due to the ability to pulse the trigger, the bullets are hitscan so it's easy as shit to land shots and it has a huge mag making those long reload times negligible. It's not balanced at all.

It can even do that on maps like Haven and Abandon. The bullet magnetism is pretty strong. Take the fast reload perk and the SAW is the best weapon in the game. Absurdly powerful and requires very little skill.

It can even do that on maps like Haven and Abandon. The bullet magnetism is pretty strong. Take the fast reload perk and the SAW is the best weapon in the game. Absurdly powerful and requires very little skill.
I was thinking more along the lines of BTB maps, but on the small-medium maps (in Halo 4 terms anyways) yeah there's really no reason to switch from the SAW until that thing is empty. At least when you have a Sniper or Shotgun your primary rifle is still very important.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Maybe a small clip would have been better. You can get like a triple kill without reloading

Now just think about the Ammo perk + SAW or any other power weapon..

What were they thinking? When I heard of there'd be an Ammo perk I was like "Oh, so just more ammo for the loadout weapons? Silly but whatever, should just have weapons on the map.."
How wrong I was..

Nebula

Now just think about the Ammo perk + SAW or any other power weapon..

What were they thinking? When I heard of there'd be an Ammo perk I was like "Oh, so just more ammo for the loadout weapons? Silly but whatever, should just have weapons on the map.."
How wrong I was..

No way dude, I LOVE being able to spam Incineration Cannon!
Sarcasm.

I wanted to have another crack at making a Goosetage for Halo 4, since splattering registers very nicely on the game and It's one of the only ways I can play Matchmaking. I went into a game, on Vortex, and there were no Mongooses. I then remembered that a lot of the maps no longer had the Mongoose on them.

I tweeted @HaloWaypoint and they said they would look into it which was surprising. I'd love to see Mongooses come back to some of the maps, even if it's one at each base or even a neutral one.

Top Bottom